Woodforest National Bank / Stole my money
Someone stole my checking account information and attempted to debit my account 32 times, I notified the bank of the unauthorized charges, filed disputes on all of them. The dispute department said, "if anything would have cleared, then they would have refunded the amounts cleared, but since they were just attempts, then they weren't actual charges." However, the ACH department charged my account $32.00 every time an attempted debit was made and then charged my account $32.00 on every second attempt that was also made. I didn't authorize any of these debit attempts, yet the bank refuses to refund the $1400.00 in fees that they charged my account.
Then 3 days after all the initial charges were made, my direct deposit goes into my account and they take out the $1400.00 in fees, for all the numerous unauthorized attempted charges.
They victimized me just as bad, no actually worse, that the person that stole my account information and attempted to get my money, at least the person, didn't get to steal my money, but the BANK DID!!! They still are refusing to refund the $1400.00 in fees that they charged my account for unauthorized debits.
Since when does a bank, after they find out that the NSF charges resulted from unauthorized transactions, refuse to refund the NSF fees????
WOODFOREST FLAT OUT STOLE MY MONEY!!!
I spoke with the brand manager, Carole Malone, and she said that she couldn't refund the charges, because she didn't charge them, that the ACH department charged the fees. I spoke with the ACH department and they stated that they don't refund fees, the brand manager has to do it. I even spoke with the Regional Manager, Debbie Rogers, she agreed that the fees should be refunded, but stated she wouldn't do it, I asked, "shouldn't the company that has my money, be the one to refund it?" And she agreed, and she agreed that Woodforest took my money, but didn't know how to get the fees refunded. Are you kidding me???
What kind of managers is this company hiring? Managers that don't know how to right a wrong apparently!!
More Woodforest National Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Woodforest National Bank - Massive overdrafts 
- Woodforest National Bank - Will not close checking / lied / charge $25 
- Woodforest National Bank - Check cashing
- Woodforest National Bank - Overdraft fees 
- Woodforest National Bank - Former employee 
- [Resolved] Woodforest National Bank - staff at all locations
- [Resolved] Woodforest National Bank - overdraft fees
- [Resolved] Woodforest National Bank - checking account
- [Resolved] Woodforest National Bank - checking account funds kept in pending status unable to use
- [Resolved] Woodforest National Bank - about a account I open