Woodbridge Public Auto Auction / Fraudulent company

United States Review updated:
Woodbridge Public Auto Auction
They knowingly sold me a lemon! I understand I bought it 'as is', but still had some expectation it would last longer than 320 miles. I didn't buy it from someone off the street, I bought it from a dealer? 1 week after I bought it, the valves started tapping. Then a couple days later the tapping became banging and the whole van was bucking. When I called them about it, the 'manager' said there was nothing they could do for me. I will pursue this as far as it takes to expose these maggots and stop this robbery. DO NOT even entertain the thought of buying a vehicle from them!!

A  17th of Sep, 2009 by
Same thing happen to me. I bought a car for over $3000.oo and it broke down three weeks afterwards. I was hung up on when I called. I still haven't gotten my title, so there's no way I can donate the car without the title and I'm stuck with it sitting down in my garage.
N  23rd of Sep, 2009 by
Out of courtesy and respect I will address your complaints in writing.

1. we are not a dealer, we are an auction, selling used and heavily used cars at prices well below dealerships.

2. we welcome and encourage mechanical inspections and test drives (nothing to hide).

3. These cars are sold As-Is, warranties can be purchased and usually the car price plus warranty will still be a below retail. You take a calculated risk.

4. My staff will only hang up on you if you are rude. We respect your frustration and often go above and beyond our obligations to rectify a bad situation.

5. If you buy a used car and do not get it checked by a mechanic right away you are leaving yourself open to problems. Often the previous owner will neglect major service items prior to sale or trade in. eg timing belt etc...

6.we have sold 75, 876 cars since 1995, you do not do this volume of business by being a fraud.

7. In VA a used car can be sold without a title, the seller has 30 days to send you the title. This is Law.

Call me "Charlie" on 703-643-1189, I am always glad to hear from all of my customers.
A  28th of May, 2011 by
We bought a car that was Virginia inspected and would shake very badly at speeds above 35mph. That car should have never passed inspection and any reputable dealer should have at least disclosed the problem. Our mechanic had to replace both axle shafts to fix the problem. They do not care to sell lemons. The only solution they proposed when we reported the problem was that we should put the car for sale at their auction in a month or so without fixing it.
A  18th of Jun, 2011 by
I purchased a car from them and was told it was a 2005 model, when I got the title it said it was a 2004 model, how could they sell a car and not know the correct year? also when I started it up at the lot the check engine light came on, the salesman said he would have that taken care of...when I returned a few days later to finalize the sale I started the car and the check engine ltght did not come on, the salesman said "see? I told you I'd take care of it". The next day the check engine light came back on, when I had it checked at a service station, they told me I'd been had, it was an old trick that salesmen use, they remove the batteyr cables to reset the check engine funtion, this makes it look like it was serviced and people think the problem was repaired, it only lasts a day or so. I will never buy another auto from Woodbridge Auto Auction.
A  16th of Nov, 2011 by
went in and bought a 2003 chevy impala, when test driving it, the car seemed to run fine, then the tapping in the engine started and now i have to go and buy a new car. any respectable dealer would have checked everything before accepting the car even from a private owner. it is uncalled for that i should have to pay for a new car because the dealer failed to ensure that the car was truly good for driving. this is a place i would never recommend for someone to buy from. stick to private seller or actual dealerships. DO NOT GO TO WPAA for a car
A  27th of Feb, 2012 by
I have more then a little to say about them and I am in agreeance on how fraudulent they are. Charlie can say he's happy to hear from people all he wants but the bottom line is they have more complaints then they do compliments and at the end of the day the consumer dictates the business. I've unfortunately purchased more then 1 car from them because when you do report the problems to them there no refund as is policy forces you into a trade or sell back that ultimately cost you money. My first car was great until I got it home and it set over night and that's when the check engine light came on. I took it to them and they said it was just in o2 sensor and they would take care of it I was so relieved until that took a week. Finally I picked up my new car and while driving it that night my front tire blew on the highway in the middle of the night. Took the car tot a mechanic who said my tires were dry rotted I had a upper intake gasket leak and I was leaking antifreeze from the transmission and the car would cost more to repair them to own. So I took it back and they took it to there mechanic who said the tires are fine and so was everything else, so I asked them to explain how I continuously leaked green fluid. They "allowed" me to exchange the car because I was financing but I'd be penalized a bit. I just wanted out of the death trap so I worked with them. The next car I also ended up with a upper and lower gasket leak and oil leak a starter and alternator replacement within the first year. By the time it came for me to have my tags renewed despite all the preventative maintenance and money I put into it I still couldn't pass emissions inspection. I replaced all O2 sensors I still needed to replace the entire intake system and the catalytic converter. So now with a paid off car no one would take and no credit I needed to get a car and after going to 3 reputable dealerships no one would take it as a trade in except wpaa. So car number 3 I am upside down on my loan I've replaced the catalytic converter because there was a hole where the o2 sensor rusted into the cat, alternator, starter, compressor and O2 sensors and still can't get the car to pass emissions. After taking it to a dealer they tell me you are is not worth spending the money to fix it. I need to replace all the coils at $192 each and there's 8. The intake system is jacked, I have a power steering leak and still no one not even the dealer can tell me what to do to pass emissions. All they say is maam unfortunately you bought a piece of ### car from a unreputable dealer and you may have to eat the cost and get a new cat so they can try to cover your loan. But no one wants to do that cause the car is shot all dealers will finance me but only with out my car as a trade so now I need to put a down payment on a new car and come up with 6 grand to pay off the car Ie only had for a year. DON'T BUY ### FROM THEM!!!