wood, lauren / fraud about apartment

1 little bourke stMelbourne, Victoria, Australia Review updated:
Phone: non available

she cheats people by sending fake passprts and asking people to send money to her through western union

Ca

Comments

Aa
  14th of Oct, 2008

Yeah, she tried the same thing on me. I really don't know who she is trying to kid. I told her to get stuffed. Any yeah, I think she has changed her name. I received an email pretty much the same as the one from Lauren Wood, however it was from a Lim Jin Foong [greathunterzz@yahoo.com].

I really hope noone falls for it hey... Very obvious they are trying to rip people off!!

Kr
  29th of Oct, 2008

I think she calls herself Anne Tracy Hurford from New Zealand now and is active in Sydney

Je
  3rd of Nov, 2008

Thank-you for posting!!! I was very skeptical about the offer and after she said she wanted me to send a western union payment BEFORE the lease was even drafted raised a major red flag. So I inquired about sending a bank draft instead and she insisted that it was safer to wire money to her lawyer's account, which was under Lim Jin Foong!!! She said that it was the lawyer's secretary's name. My internal alarm was raising. So in attempts to quiet the storm rising within, I googled the names and found BOTH the name Lauren Wood and Lim Jin Foong i posts by others warning against communicate with them.

i just wanted to post to let you all know she is still active in the Melbourne area, and with the Little bourke street address in use.

I'm so turned off that I'm just going to live on dorm until I find a place when I'm there.

thanks again for posting!!!

Je
  9th of Nov, 2008

the same thing happend to me last week here in sydney.
i was so stupid and was cheated by her.
i cant believe how ppl can do something like that!
i am so upset and concernd... is there anybody who can HELP ME?
please contact me!

cheers

Na
  19th of Nov, 2008

She just tried the same thing to me... I still didn't tell her that I won't pay, but I asked her for her passport and the ownership certificate. We even had something like a contract. But in the certificate I saw that they just wrote in the line with the address etc. on their own. Now I googled her "lawyers" name and found your posts. Her email-address she used is: I even spoke on the phone to her. I was a bit confused that she sounded Asian but has a Canadian email address and a passport from New Zealand. So I didn't do any payment before I was 100 percent sure and now I know, why I had somehow a bad feeling about this... It was also just too cheap for a really good area.
I mean I didn't tell her anything yet, so if anybody has an idea how we could get her to secure that she can't trick other people, please write me...

Gl
  30th of Nov, 2008

well anyone who sends money to someone they havent met is just plain stupid do people not have common sense?

Vi
  29th of Dec, 2008

This Lauren Wood is still around with the same little bourke st scam: she even sent me "her" passport and the property certificate. her Western Union address is:

Name: Lauren Wood
Address: Queens Street
City: London
Postcode: WP11 4TS
Country: United Kingdom

Thanks for this website, saved me from a major scam

Tr
  5th of Jan, 2009

I am Tracy Hurford from New Zealand.

I too was was scammed by these people. When I was applying for a flat I sent a copy of my passport. Which I now discover is being used to scam other people. Please note it is not me scamming you I don't live in Sydney and have never been to London.

If you have sent these people in London any identifcation expect your name to be dragged through the mad.

The best I can tell is this scam runs out of London most the time and it is impossible to trace them as they keep using the id's of people they have scammed.

Please be smarter than me cause it is bad enough getting scammed and then worse being made out as the scammer.

This scam seems to run mainly on Share accodomation and easy roommate.

Tj
  4th of Mar, 2009

The same thing happened to me.. I even talked to her lawyer Anil Dhavan Vuyurru in New Zealand. I wanted to meet him but he kept telling me to pay the money into his bank account before meeting him. This seemed very fishy, so I googled her name and this came up. Thanks to you guys I am saved from being conned. Thanks a lot guys. Cheers.

In
  21st of Mar, 2009

This happened to me today. Infact Tracy is the third scammer I have had since i put my profile up and that was only 5 days ago!! I actually sent my passport scan to the first one, luckily no money, but im sure now my id will be used in the same way. Seriously it is ridiculous, these sites need to have some sort of way of keeping these people off them because there are a lot of people like me desperate for a room and the only replies I have had so far have been in terrible English, with deals too good to be true and international money transfer requests!!!

This is the email I received today:

Tracy sent you a message on Flatmates.com.au.
--------------------
Re: Tracy, ,

I was on www.flatmate.com.au when i found your Ads suits my three bedroom flat apartment located in SYDNEY NSW 2000, it is a not miss apartment for you that value a better life. It is fully furnished, in quiet area, and a study apartment. A short stroll to University of Sydney, College, transport and enjoy city life. Please contact me directly via my email (tracyhurford@ymail.com) Thank you for contacting me.
I am an easy going lady, clean, tidy and love to meet people. I love the taste of red wine. So i would love to read from you soon. Till then take good care of yourself.

Cheers
Tracy

Another guy told me firstly that his unit was at 37 George Street Sydney, and the next time I asked him he said 14 Carrington Street Sydney, which happens to be the Menzies hotel. When I pulled him up on this he got into a huff and tried to make up some story. When he showed me an australian passport with a very aussie looking man on it but said he had cancer of the longs i knew something was weird.

This is another email:

Hello,

Thanks for your mail and for your response to my previous mail, There is no problem in reserve my spare room for you till your move in date to my

apartment...

The living room is furnished with cable TV, DVD & VCR, radio, shelves, cabinet, lamps, ornaments, decorative fireplace, hanging prints, and vases.

The bedroom is furnished with a king size bed, two side tables with lamps, telephone, radio alarm, writing desk & chair, wooden chest of drawers with

lamp, shelves, wall to wall built-in cupboards, wooden armchair, single sofa bed, and decorative fireplace.

The American-style kitchen takes up one side of the living room. It is fully equipped with electric oven & 4 gas hobs, extractor fan, microwave, fridge,

freezer, coffee maker, kettle, toaster, and numerous utensils, cutlery, & crockery.

The utility room between the kitchen and the bathroom is furnished with a washing machine & dryer, dishwasher, sink, window, cupboards, extra

chairs for the terrace, & drying racks for clothes.

The apartment i stayed comprises of 2 bedrooms and with a kitchen and living hall.The view of the city from upper level is quite nice, overlooking the Sydney Entertainment Centre and Paddy's Market and Chinatown.The location is very good too.Less than 5 minutes walk to the Entertainment Centre (where I had my business convention held there) Easy access to Chinatown (very very near) 5 minutes walk to Paddy's Market and it is near the tram station.

Access to Darling Harbour is also about 10 minutes walk.While walking to Circular Quay (like I did) may take half an hour. Great location at George Street.

Apartment Address:720A George Street Sydney NSW 2000...

Situated close to the central station, my apartment proves to be the perfect base for exploring the enchanting and vibrant parts of modern city.

The CBD is only minutes away by taxi, which makes the building the perfect location for business or pleasure. My spare room are equipped with a host of modern ame of the shuttle buses and stop at George Street. You can't miss it. The place is relatively basic with all the basic necessities but with the convenience of an apartment. The room is clean and I think the smallest room can fit 3 people comfortably.

Rent is very reasonable at only 700AUD month Including Utility bills and 700AUD refundable security deposit for the apartment. Let me know if you are interested Asap so that i can book your reservation and seal the contract with you.

So a bit about myself – young professional girl, 25 year old, citizen of Australia. I work in the city as a professional Marketing and Public Relations and have a fairly active social life; that said I also enjoy staying in and chilling out in front of the T.V. watching a game of rugby (I like watching most sports although I tend to shy away from football) or a film and travel a lot due to nature of my job… anything really.

I like cooking (in fact I’m a mean cook and it would probably be a huge injustice if I didn’t make dinner for you on occasion), I enjoy having my friends round (at respectful hours) and while I’m keen to make new friends I don’t need to live in anyone’s pocket - I enjoy my ‘alone time just as much as anyone else’!

Looking forward to read from you asap

Cheers...

Michelle

arghhhhh this is driving me crazy. then i got another one which was a little different:

Hello,
. I would like to know if you would like to work online from Home/Temporarily and get paid weekly? We are glad to offer you a job position at our company, CHEAP FABRICS INTERNATIONAL. We need someone to work for the company as a Representative/Book keeper in Australia. This is due to the fact that we do not have an office presently in the Australia. You dont need to have an Office and this certainly wont disturb any form of work you're doing at the moment.
* The average monthly income is about AUD$4000.00.
* No form of investments from you.
* This job takes only 1-3 hours per day.
About the job:
We have sales representatives all over the world to distribute our products. You know, that it's not easy to start a business in a new market (being Australia). There are hundreds of competitors, close direct contacts between suppliers and customers and other difficulties, which impede our sales promotion. Thus we need to get payments for our products as soon as it possible. Unfortunately we are unable to open Bank Accounts in the United Australia without first registering the company name. Presently with the amount of Orders we have, we cannot put them
on hold. For fear of loosing the customers out-rightly. We lose about 75, 000 AUD of net income each month because we have money transfer delays.
Your task is to coordinate payments from customers and help us with the payment process.You are not involved in any sales. We makes direct contact for sales of products.
About 90 percent of our customers prefer to pay through by bank transfer into an Australian based account based on the amount involved.
YOUR TASK:
1. Receive payment from Customers
2. Withdraw Payment at your Bank
3. Deduct 10% which will be your percentage/pay on Payment processed
4. Forward balance after deduction of percentage/pay to any of the offices you will be contacted to send payment to. (Payment is to be forwarded by Western Union MoneyTransfer) www.westernunion.com
Example you've got 3000.00AUD
you take your income: 300.00 AUD Send to us: 2700.00 AUD.
First month you will have 15-20 transactions on 3000.00-4000.00 AUD so you may calculate your income.For example 10 transactions on 350.00 AUD gives you 3500.00 AUD Plus your basis monthly salary is 1000.00 AUD Total:4500.00 AUD per month.
Our payments will be issued out in your name and you can have them cashed in your bank or other Cashing Services. But this job is very challenging and you should understand it. We are looking only for the worker who satisfies our requirements and will be an earnest assistant.
We are glad to offer this job position to you. If you feel that you are a serious and earnest worker and you want to work for CHEAP FABRICS INTERNATIONAL, kindly send me your:

Name:
Home Address:
Phone number:
Date Of Birth:
phone

An employment form would be sent to you to fill out and after which you would be contacted by a staff of the company on phone, after which you would be ready to start working.
So I would be expecting to hear from you.
Warmest Regards,
Darian Martel
Global Sales Representative.

Br
  10th of Apr, 2009

I am a front office manager of a inner city apartment property in Brisbane City and deal with this name at least once a week. This complaint is more then justified as she has fooled over 50 people in the time during my role.

Please STAY AWAY from this woman or people involved as it becomes sad the amount of people effected by this.

Mi
  24th of May, 2009

she nearly caught me too...but thanks to this page contact stopped with only one email to this pathetic woman

Ma
  27th of May, 2009

Hey guys, it's a shame I did not look at this website before. But listen, if you were a victim of these scammers, don't blame yourself, because we can say they've been doing a "great job". This ###s are professional and have a vast experience in tricking people, so ABSOLUTELY ANYONE could be a victim. I have no idea if we are ever gonna see our money again, what we can do is to advise the police as soon as you realise something has not gone right, and even if the police is not able to sort it out, advise EVERYONE you can about these criminals. EVERYWHERE, EVERYONE, with all the details. There goes some:

e-mail used by person:dariananneo@yahoo.ca
Her lawyer:Shreyas Sampathkumar (shreyas.sampathkumar@yahoo.com)
Name on passport: Tracy Anne Hurford
Bank Name:COMMONWEALTH BANK OF AUSTRALIA
BSB: 062-006
SWIFT CODE:CTBAAU2S
Account Number: 1079-0464

Listen, before arranging anything with a real estate or private person to rent a room/flat, look up for other ones in the same area, in special the prices. If something sounds too cheap or too good to be true, IT'S A SCAM! Whatmore, do not pay anything in advance and consult a lawyer to check if the agreements are real.

It's really sad when I see something like that happened to me, and when I remember of how hard I had to work to save money to pay my studies in Australia, how many times I gave up doing things I would love to just to keep saving money for the priorities, I have NEVER stolen money from anybody and all I wanted was to find a good place to live close to school, as I have even lived in such a house with rats in NZ, I get really upset. Money was taken from us, but not our dignity. Who are these people? They don't exist, they can't do, they have no skills to make their money using their effort and abilities, they are ordinary thieves, and always will be. I believe in the justice of God. I missed that money, but it did not make me poorer or richer. I have a great life and will never be like those people.

Whoever you deal with over the internet, look their names up on google, if you don't find anything or just find something, don't give them your ID or send them money, OK?

Good luck everyone.

Kk
  10th of Jul, 2009

Guys..

Thank u tons!!!
Lucky that I googled it before sending my name..etc.
It smelled fishy anyway but I was about to believe in:-P
Well cos of you guys posted those comments regarding to those scammer.
I did not get tricked!

Thank you guys!!! Save my axx

I wish they should all get fuxxed!!! or anyway arresting those people?!!!

Ke
  1st of Sep, 2009

OMG, She tried this on me as well. here is the email from her to share:

I'll like to inform you that both rooms are still vacant and the rent for each room is $600 per month while the bond is $400 and the rent includes all utilities bills, so you do not need to pay any extra bills when you move into the apartment. I'm only giving out my rooms just to put an end to my loneliness in the apartment and not because of the rent price or anything. So i guess that's the reason why my rooms are so cheap. I'm presently in New Zealand spending my vacation with my Sister and her family, I believe you have seen the pictures, so i'll like you to choose the exact room you would like to occupy and you can also make your payment to me directly over here in New Zealand. But in the meantime i'll like you to send me the details below so that i can instruct my lawyer to prepare your lease agreement document and the room will be fully reserved for you and you can move in at anytime you want. I'll also like to inform you that each room in the apartment have private toilet and bathroom, so you do not need to share it with anybody and that the rent includes all utility bills so you do not need to pay extra bills when you move into the apartment.

Full Name:
Age:
Occupation:
Moving Date:
Present Address:
Contact Number:
Number of months you intend to stay in the room:
Number of months you want to pay for upfront:

However you can still move in while am still away, because i deposited the Spare Keys of the apartment with the DHL Office over there in Australia so if you really want to move in i will be wiling to send you the Reference Number (code number) that you will present to the DHL Officers so as to get the spare keys that i deposited with them or better still i will like you to send me your present address so that i can have it sent directly to you DHL 24hours Express Delivery Service and you will get the Keys and Lease Tenant Agreement Document within 24hours,

I will be like you to get back to me as soon as possible so that your lease document can be prepare and you can proceed by making your payment directly into my lawyers account, so that the room would be fully reserved for you till you are ready to move in.

I'll be willing to send you a scanned copy of my passport, Police Clearance, drivers lincence and certificate of ownership of the apartment you will be paying for, so as to prove to you that i truly own the apartment and that there's nothing at all to worry about. You are in safe hands.

Hope to read from you again soon.
Best Regards

Anne

Ch
  10th of Sep, 2009

I was also nearly scanned by this women !

Dear Alex,

It's a great pleasure to know that you are interested in my room, you really seem to be a very wonderful person to live with.Therefore, I'll like to inform you that i have 2 furnished rooms and the rent is $500 per month for each room while the bond is $250 and the rent includes all utilities bills, so you do not need to pay any extra bills when you move into the apartment. I'm only giving out my rooms just to put an end to my loneliness in the apartment and not because of the rent price or anything. So i guess that's the reason why my rooms are so cheap. I'm presently South America due to the nature of my job, I believe you have seen the pictures, so I'll like you to choose the exact room you would like to occupy. But in the meantime I'll like you to send me the details below so that i can instruct my lawyer to prepare your lease agreement document and the room will be fully reserved for you and you can move in at anytime you want.

I'll also like to inform you that each room in the apartment have private toilet and bathroom, so you do not need to share it with anybody and that the rent includes all utility bills and internet so you do not need to pay extra bills when you move into the apartment.

Full Name:
Age:
Occupation:
Moving Date:
Present Address:
Contact Number:
Number of months you intend to stay in the room:
Number of months you want to pay for upfront:

However you can still move in while am still away, because i deposited the Spare Keys of the apartment with the DHL Office over there in Australia so if you really want to move in i will be wiling to send you the Reference Number (code number) that you will present to the DHL Officers so as to get the spare keys that i deposited with them or better still i will like you to send me your present address so that i can have it sent directly to you DHL 24hours Express Delivery Service and you will get the Keys and Lease Tenant Agreement Document within 24hours.

I will be like you to get back to me as soon as possible so that your lease document can be prepare and you can proceed with making your payment of one month and the bond directly into my lawyer's bank account over there in Australia so that the room would be fully reserved for you till you are ready to move in.

I'll be willing to send you a scanned copy of my passport, police clearance and certificate of ownership of the apartment you will be paying for, so as to prove to you that i truly own the apartment and that there's nothing at all to worry about. You are in safe hands.

Hope to read from you again soon.

Dear Alex,

I'll like to inform you that i will be back in brisbane by September 20th. I have forwarded your details to my lawyer right away and instruct him to prepare your lease agreement document as soon as possible and have it sent to you via email.

I'll like you to proceed by depositing the money directly into my lawyer's associate bank account over there in Australia using the details below:

Bank Name: National Australian Bank (NAB)
Account name: Sunil Sunil
Account number: 159067661
BSB Number: 084423
Swift Code: NATAAU3303M
Amount: AUD$750 {1 Month Rent $500+ Bond $250}

So all you have to do is send me an email as soon as you have deposited the money and i'll give you a reference number to pick up the keys at the DHL office in Brisbane or better still tell have it sent to your present address and you can move in as soon as possible even before my arrival.

I'll be looking forward to read from you again soon.

Hello,
I believe you must have received the lease agreement document from my lawyer. I'm still looking forward to read from you in regards the room, so kindly let me know if you are still interested and when exactly you will be making your payment so that the room can be fully reserved for you until you are ready to move in. Thank you.
I'll be looking forward to read from you again soon.
Lauren Wood

I really hope no one else gets scamed by her ! I am going to ###ing report the ### ;)

Av
  22nd of Sep, 2009

Yeah man she is a scamer she also has another alias, called Catrina Calandra. Same DHL responce rubbish as well, saying that keys and a photocopy of her passport is to be done, also something up with the lawyer, the lawyer is Micheal Bluburg, who is not a lawyer in austrlia but a finacial consultant in western australia.

The ###ed thing is that I was contacted by both scammers at the same time, the catrina identy has no form of mobile phone contact, and the legal representive is aslo unreachable, and only wants to keep in contact with you via e-mail.

Also with Darian Anne, similar template, waiting on a return e-mail from her. But now I know better.

Also I pushed for an inspection, on both identies and of which never happened, and the offer was never really replied to in correct fashon, but I do have detailed e-mails of which I will be willing to provide you people with as a collective evidence.

Alot of this persons work can be Russian in fraudulant nature, Nigerian scams are far less creative in nature. Chances are it could be very well a money laundary sceme.

Fortunatly for me I have not fallen pray to this person, and also have the emails to prove it, however my basic details are in there such as my name, phone number, address, and occupation. no passport photos, or bank details have been given. And if this person is in australia, I can not begin to imagine what would happen to them.

So beware of a cheap rooms on sharedaccomdation.com.au in the CBD, Highly likely she or he will approch you, and is this person overseas or working nationally, thats what I would like to know.

Sp
  22nd of Sep, 2009

I also have been scammed¡¡¡ Both of them, Katrina an Darian Anne contact with me, and finally I trusted in Darian Anne and I paid 400 AUD, when I arrived at Sydney I did't bilieve it. I need your help, I need the url of the advertise, and can't fint it now,
Thanks for you help.

Av
  23rd of Sep, 2009

Sadly she does not have a display site (URL) or anything like that, they approched me by e-mail form, I do have the e-mails which I will be more than happy to send to you, baring my personal details.

Xi
  25th of Sep, 2009

I was nearly cheated. Thanks who posted the TRUTH on this web. I'm wondering is there anything we can do to stop these people from doing their dirty job. How come they've been cheating everyone for years and still safe?