Women's Workout World / Bad service

Today I went into my local Women's Workout World 16015 S. Harlem Av, Tinley Park, IL at 6a.m. as I would on any other day to workout. I checked in with Gail the front desk person and signed for the Ark trainer machine #2 for 6:30a.m - 7a.m. Seeing that there was no one signed up for the machine nor on the machine, while honoring the 5 minute forfeiture rule (As posted;if member does not show up to use a machine within 5 min. of sign up time its free for anyone else to use the machine). I got on the machine. At 6:07a.m. Susan, front desk friend and members, came over to me and told me that she is signed up for the machine. I reminded her that in honoring the 5 min. rule, you have now forfeited your time. She then went to go tell Gail front desk worker and friend. Within 5 minutes Gail, approached me at a distance and told me that I had a phone call. I responded with, " I'm not taking calls right now". By 6:25a.m. the manager Lynda Whitney approached me and asked to speak to me in her office. She proceeded with the issue concerning the Posted 5 min. forfeiture rule. Continuing to back the member who knew that she was not within the time to use the equipment. So I asked Ms. Whitney, so what your telling me is that If I get on the machine at 6:05a.m. I need to then forfeit my time of 6:30a.m. get off the machine and give it to the previous person who had to forfeit there time because they were late. So I get 25 mins. for being on time and they get my full 30 min. She answered, " yes, that is correct". So then I said, why then is that not posted and to whom has this rule been relayed.? Nobody, it's just a rule that we all know about in our own heads, she said. It's always been that way. I have been a member with W3 since 2004, and have never witnessed such a thing. I have been coming to W3 in Tinley Park, IL since December of 2005, and have witnessed blatten favoritism and racism since the W3 Homewood members (majority black) were forced to go the W3 Tinley Park location due to it's abrupt closing. But still yet, as witnessed we all seemed to honor the 5 min. courtesy- forfeiture rule.
In conclusion Lynda Whitney ended our discussion by saying that, "If I choose to get loud, that there is a police officer in the lobby, prepared to escort me out". She offered me the headquarters number (same building), and reiterated that Lynn was the only person that would handle my complaints and deal with my request to end my contract. However, she is currently on vacation. Wow! I left the establishment totally blown away by the customer service (See W3 previous complaint) of a full paying member, who did not break the law or ANY POSTED-WRITTEN RULES.

Ti

Comments

• Ex
      11th of Jun, 2009

WOW but not surprised.I was a customer there too and yes alot of favortism. The same people come in everyday and I have seen them use fake names. I complained and they did nothing. Same girl for 2 hours.another time I was totally offended one day when one of there arobics instructors was on stage teaching a class with a micophone and keep using the word "spic". I could not believe it. ( I am half mexican). She commit out loud was it ok, that she could use that word because she just married one. NOT OK!!! I walked out and never went back. Another thing is if you just ask how to use a machine they say you have to hire a personal trainer. What just to figure out how to use a machine????. Try Cardinal Fitness they seem much better.

22nd of Nov, 2013

Not surprised either. Me and my friends went to this club on a free pass. its not even worth free. Old, gross and like from the 1970's. My friends Mom got ripped off when the Womens Workout World closed down. The lady who owns the place Sherry Whitley wouldnt give them money back. This chain is going broke