WLI Shoppers Discount Rewards / Unauthorized charges

I am so infuriated by this company that has been charging me $10 a month for membership since October 2006. After the first charge, I e-mailed customer service to say that I did not want membership and wanted a refund of that $10. After telling me that they could not locate my account, I still kept requesting a refund. Now (December), I've noticed another charge of $10 and tried calling them. They did not want to refund my money & were just going to cancel my membership. Is that even legal? Some company sneaks into a site, gets all your information and starts charging you for nothing?

Comments

• Sm
      27th of Nov, 2007

How often do you read before you attach your credit card to something? In my opinion, you got off light. Idiotic internet so called 'savvy' shoppers who think they know everything are so far from it. You take advantage of an offer that is 'offered' to you (which it is why it's called an 'offer' not a 'you must take advantage of this') simply because it states you are going to receive $10 cash back. Why would you be getting $10 back for doing absolutely nothing? Is it because you deserve it? Is it because you are going to take advantage of it knowingly just to go back and ### at the company that offered it to you?

You need to man up and take responsibility for your internet usage. No one is sitting next to you telling you what to click on and that is what the problem may be. Maybe you need a babysitter next to you to tell you when you are about to be a dumb ###.

Quit blaming others for your actions. No one told you to click the $10 cash back reward. You did it. You didn't read the so called fine print. Nothing is free- except the stupidity god handed you when you were born. You've had the opportunity since then to make yourself knowledgeable. It's never too late.