WLI Shoppers Discount / $10 taken out of my checking account

On May 5 $10.00 was charged to my checking account. The charge was from WLI Shoppers Discount CTUS at [protected]. Why the charge? I don't know. I called them but they do not know what I was talking and got very hateful with me. I have a feeling that it is for a shoppers membership. I feel like that I was scammed. I was charged in April $9.95 and I called then to cancel it. But now they not only did not cancel but they up the price by a nickle. If this is not resolved, I will go to the higher authorities.

I don't believe that you are allowed to scam any of the senior citizen and I am a senior citizen. Next, I am reporting it to Aarp fo that they can warn the other citizens and see if they can help me with this.

Patricia Belcher

Comments

• Bi
      10th of Oct, 2007

This company is fraudulently charging people a monthly fee. When you buy something on some Internet retailers sites, including amazon from what I have heard, this company has a banner of some sort and if you click on it, then your credit card information is forwarded to WLI shoppers discount and they charge you a fee from then on. You didn't sign anything to have this happen.. so you are guaranteed to be able to charge back the charges as long as you complain about it in a timely fashion. DO not let them keep your money or this practice will continue and more companies will probably try it.

I highly recommend that anyone that has been charged by this company contact the attorney general and demand that they cease this practice.

From what I have read online about them ..in the hundred plus complaints I have seen... they have been sued and lost before and it won't be the last time. There is an incredible number of complaints about this company online.

It is highly obvious that they are charging people a fee monthly... when they don't even know who the company is and why they are being charged.

I reported them to the Ohio Attorney General. I recommend that you do the same.. to the AG of your state. It should be easy to find your state's attorney general contact information online.

30th of Nov, 2007

My bank ac was also charged $10 each month by WLI shoppers discount. Im gonna call bank tomorrow. Thanks for such posting which make aware people about such fraud companies.

• St
      1st of Dec, 2007

I just checked my account and there was the same charge. I'm greatful that I looked it up online and found this. I called immediately. They said that the were going to take this off but I will have to wait and see. They said that I had signed up for it after purchasing a product online. It was a coupon for ten dollars off my next purchase. They said that by putting my email in that I agreed to the charges. It makes me very angry because I remember purchasing the things online and the coupon but there was nothing there saying that I would become a member of anything and that they could freely start taking money out of my account. I geuss I will just have to wait to see what my account does.

• El
      8th of Dec, 2007

I had discovered just today that there was a charge from my checking account of $10 for the last 3 months. I checked online what the name was and found all sorts of things shady about this WLIShopperDiscount. The phone number to call was the same as listed on my bank statement. I wasn't comfortable in going through an automated process of canceling so I got a real person "Mark" and asked him what it was for. It was a charge that came through the Classmates.com site. Yikes! I got is canceled and I should be seeing a refund soon. I was supposed to get a $10 gas card. I never did get that.

• Da
      20th of Dec, 2007

I too, just recently, got two charges on the account.
    I suggest anyone else who also gets this, go here:

• Ad
      19th of Mar, 2008

I was charge for 28 months at $9 a month...I'm not very good at checking my statements and usually don't care...but I called them up and I found out how much I had paid and I just asked for my money back and they pretty much gave it to me no questions asked...3 days later I had 28 credits of $9 back into my account.

• Em
      30th of Apr, 2008

Believe it or not, I found the charge on my MORTGAGE statement. I get reminders about my mortgage payment and just go online and submit the amount due... Today I actually pulled up a virtual statement and found out I was being charge $10 monthly ON MY MORTGAGE statement for this Company... when I called them, they told me I had to use my work e-mail address to sign up..I told them I never did and never would attach any such thing to my mortgage payment. They said they would cancel it... When I called my Mortgage Company, the rep could not explain it either... scary... waiting for a call back from a supervisor at the Mortgage Company... I will be reporting this company and will be taking issue with my Mortgage Company with reagrd to attaching anything like this to my house and mortgage...

• La
      28th of May, 2008

i just got charged for RESERVATIONREWARDS and SHOPPERDISCOUNT...

TEN DOLLARS EACH...

i do occasionally buy things online since i go to college in the middle of nowhere VA and there are no decent malls around...

someone please help me I want to get my money back from these stupid scammers!

baikls@jmu.edu
    someone help me.

-Lauren

• Da
      27th of Jul, 2008

I checked my Amex account and found a $10.00 charge from Shoppers Discount. I check the statement regularly and this was first time charge. I called the company and was told it was in conjuction with Spirit Airlines. I look at the specials listed on the e-mails but do not buy. I last flew Spirit a year ago. Shoppers Discount told me they would remove the charge. I would like to know how they can do this.

• Cr
      21st of Apr, 2009

These People are scammers, I tried to have this stopped and they won't . I am having to change my account info just to get them to stop . I advise anyone at this point not to shop online anymore . Calling this number does not resolve anything 1-800-889-8776 .

• Wh
      28th of Apr, 2009

This also happened to us for the past 9 months from June/July of 2008. Thankfully, we got the refund, and that is probably why they are still in business. Do the following:

1)Call the number and talk with a representative to get two months of charges back.
    2)If you have been charged more than two months, tell them that you want all the money refunded. They will send you a form by email.
    3)Fill out the form and mail it to them, and honestly write down that you have never used their services.
    4)Hope that they'll refund the money within 30 days.
    5)Learn the lesson and check your bank/credit card statements item by item at least once every two months.

• De
      6th of Jun, 2009

I have been charged 12.00 a month since Feb. I call my bank after talking to the company and reg a compliant of fraud charges on my acct. and they said that they would refund my money. I guess they got my info for Amazon when I bought a program. So I say boycott any site that they have a banner on because that is the only way they will go away