WLI Reservations Reward / Unauthorized charges

On February 12, 2009 a $12.00 charge appeared on my credit card bill. It was from WLI Reservations Reward. I had no idea what this was for. After some calls to my credit company, I knew I did not owe this company anything.

I want this charge removed from my credit card and no more charges put on it from this company.

Al

Comments

• Pe
      19th of Mar, 2009

I had this problem when I bought a game from Gamestop.com online. I promptly emailed gamestop about these thieving activities and this was their reply:

Dear Customer,
    At the end of a purchase from GameStop.com/EBgames.com we have a link to the Reservation Rewards program. They offer customers the opportunity to receive an electronic gift voucher for GameStop.com/EBgames.com if the customer would like to sign up for a trial membership with Reservation Rewards.
    In order to sign up for this program customers would have to type their email address twice and click on the button labeled YES, I have read and agree to the Offer and Billing Details and authorize GameStop.com/EBgames.com to securely transfer my name, address and credit or debit card information to Reservation Rewards for billing and benefit processing. I understand that the first 30 days of benefits are free and that I will be billed $12 a month thereafter and may cancel my membership at any time.
    Thank you for your feedback concerning the program. We respect your opinion and will take your remarks into consideration as we evaluate the benefits and value this program has for our customers.
    Best Regards,
    John
    Customer Service Supervisor
    Well, … Needless to say that they lost me as a customer because I NEVER did what they say and surely NEVER gave anyone the right to steal money out of my account. So if this is Gamestop’s point taken then I will take my business elsewhere from now on. My only hope is that other people will too, so they don’t get scammed out of their hard earned money for nothing.
    Be warned, these sites allow this scamming apparently ...

• Em
      14th of Nov, 2009

You might want to check out what Reservation Rewards actually offers. For my family, it is a really good deal. The monthly fee is $12, but for that I get a $10 rebate check each month on any online purchase, AND I have the option of purchasing up to four $25 gift cards (from a wide variety of merchants) at only $20 each. So my family is saving $18/month because of this company.