WKC Labs DBA Ultra Garcinia / False Advertising/Billing Scheme

1 Champion Gate, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-635-0841

This company only operates on the Internet using multiple ads on several different web pages. They are also running an ad associated with Dr. Oz and Prevention Magazine. The only phone number is the 877 number listed. If you call the number to complain, the message states, "Please call back during regular business hours", but there are no regular business hours listed. Their only contact based on the web address is customer.service@ultragarciniacambogia.com. This company runs an ad on one of its bogus sites stating that they will send you one free bottle to try, no obligation to purchase, no risk, only pay shipping and handling of $4.74. I received the free bottle to try, only to find out it contained wheat or may have been produced in a factory that processes wheat, and anyone who is gluten sensitive such as I cannot take anything by mouth with wheat. About 4 days after I received the free bottle to try, one of their customer service reps called me at home and asked me had I received my free sample and how was I liking it. I told him I couldn't use it and then he went in on a sales pitch trying to get me to buy more. I told him I was NOT interested, and if any charges, other than the shipping and handling showed up on my charge card, I would turn them over to the BBB in their area, and notify my bank to block the charges. Today, I went online to check my checking account balance and saw a pending charges of $62.74 from this same company. I immediately called my bank. They tried to contact the vendor and could not reach them, getting the same voicemail message I did about calling back during regular business hours. My bank immediately started fraud proceedings. About 3 hours later, I called this toll free number again and got ahold of some smart mouthed young girl who thought she was going to tell me a thing or two about "their" bogus and illegal policies. I hung up on her. Filed a complaint with the BBB in the FL area. Then I get an email from this same smart Alick girl that is being generated from yet another website wkclabs.com. I sent this email box a reply requesting the name of the CEO of the company, the real name of the company and not Garcinia Call Center which was what this girl listed in her email as the name of the company, and I also want the correct phone number to call as this girl said the 877 number on what they sent my bank and the only number listed on the invoice I got for the free bottle is not the correct number to call to complain. So what is the scoop here? Is the name of the company Ultra Garcinia or is it wkc labs? What exactly is the correct number of this company? Are they really located in FL? There is no physical address listed on the website either. Buyer beware!!!

Mc
May 8, 2013

Comments

• Ho
      23rd of May, 2013

I am having a similar problem too. They are charging me without my authorization. I signed up for a free trial. It said all i had to pay for was the shippping. Before they even shipped it they kept calling my phone to authorize the shipping address, which was fine. But what was not fine was them calling over 14 times in 48 hours. I kept telling them not to call anymore and to cancel the shipment. I made it very clear that they were not to ship it. I told them i would still pay for shipping but to cancel my order and not to ship. well they did anyway, they not only charged me for the shipping but also for a one months supply. I called today to tell them to cancel once again and they said they cannot cancel at this time, that i would have to wait until my trial was over. But it is not a free trial like they advertise, she even said to read the terms, which i did the first time and it says you will only pay for shipping, but when i logged on again today it says at the very bottom of the page that it is a trial and that you are charged for a months supply? WTF? Then they said i could send it back but i would have to pay for it. To sum it up i had to pay for shipping, return shipping and a one month supply! How is this a free trial? Is there anyone out there who is having a similar problem?? I am not sure what to do? I am contacting my bank today to see if they can figure something out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

• Je
      4th of Oct, 2013

I had similar problem. They apparently do not have a physical address for complaints to a Better Business Bureau. The Email address they gave me for my written complaint was bogus - info@wkclabs.com. They assured me that the account was cancelled. We'll see!!