[Resolved] Wix.com / tech support

United Kingdom Review updated:

Tech support downloaded remote assist on my PC last night (17/10/2017), someone called Jorge a tech support rep downloaded a software so he could get access to my PC, and he used this to fish around on my PC looking for personal details like IDs and bank statements account details to steal money from all my bank accounts. I feel very angry. I have contacted customer support and tried to find someone in the management team but no one replied to my emails when I tried to expose Jorge to the company. There has been no reply from Jorge either when I accused him of stealing my private information and accused him of going through my personal stuff on my PC. Letters and banks details including private information has been moved around by Jorge as he dishonestly used an excuse to help with tech issues relating to their end and not problems with my PC. Wix.com have criminals working in Tech support who steal information from their customers and money from their bank.

• Resolution statement

• Updated by Rosy5, Oct 18, 2017

Jorge in Tech team stole private information including bank details from my PC, I emailed him accusing him of stealing bank details and phishing around on my PC using remote assist, he didn't reply to email or deny he did this. I am very angry, Wix.com have no complaints procedures in place or a member of management team to complain about serious fraud issues with staff who are criminals and not tech support.

• Wix Customer Care's Response, Oct 19, 2017

Rosanna,

I'm with Wix and am sharing the same information that we shared with you privately.

The remote access system used by Wix in order to provide support assistance to clients worldwide does not allow agents to control and/or manage your files. The agent is merely able to see your screen - meaning that he is completely unable to access your personal/private files.

We have reviewed the full recording of your remote access section and noted the Wix agent was explicit about not having control over your machine and mentioned the pointer he was using to guide you through the relevant steps.

If you, or anyone, would like to contact our Support team, please do so here: wix.com/contact

Sincerely,

• Updated by Rosy5, Oct 19, 2017

Matt

If this is true then how is it that my files were moved from its original places?

• Wix Customer Care's Response, Oct 19, 2017

Rosanna, I would not be able to tell you over this forum but it would not be possible through our screen-share program. Please continue the conversation started through our ticketing system.

Ro
Oct 18, 2017

Comments

• Ro
      Oct 19, 2017

Matt

I received an email from MarceloT (wix support), I find his email very unprofessional.

Everyone at your company are denying that Jorge was looking through my personal files.

If Jorge denies this, then explain how personal letters and bank statements, stored and filed away on my PC ended up on my desktop?

The letters and bank statement I found on my desk top PC was not there before, and suddenly appeared the night Jorge downloaded remote assist?

How can you account for this?

Also, I know how remote assist work.

Remote assist is a software that allows companies like Wix.com, internet providers etc, access to their customers PC. Using remote assist it allows the user who downloads this software complete and full access to someones PC, this includes everything on their PC, they are able to look through files, change settings and basically do whatever they want.

Jorge will not actually admit to any wrong doing, he never admit to any wrong doing or risk losing his job.

I believe without a shadow of a doubt that Jorge went through my personal files, looking for anything that had access to my bank accounts, and that is why there are letters and bank statements sitting on my desktop which were not there before he had access to my PC.

Wix.com hire criminals and Jorge is a criminal. He went through my PC files.

I am extremely annoyed and angry that Wix.com is not taking this seriously enough and you are protecting a criminal.

Oct 19, 2017

Matt

The problem with Wix.com and with all companies, is that they will never admit to any wrong doing, it leaves them wide open to liability, and god forbid if they did that, also, it doesn't look good for the company to openly admit they hired a criminal and that he actually went through my personal files.

The fact is, Jorge is a criminal, he went through my personal files using remote assist, and I have nothing to gain by making false accusations.

Oct 20, 2017

Matt

The reason you don't want to continue this conversation on this forum is because the public can read our conversation and therefore also read serious faults relating to the company, and how it deals with its customers, and serious complaints about your staff in tech support team.

As I have said, I am fully aware of how remote assist works, I have friends in IT, I used to work for an IT company myself in London. Therefore I am more proficient in IT compare to the average person and not limited.

You can keep denying any wrong doing.

Fact is, remote assist is a PC software designed for outsourcing IT users to gain access to a PC through no matter where they are in the world, this way a tech support engineer can carry out trouble shooting from any location in the world, it is wholly possible for that user to gain access to all and every part of the PC as if they owned that PC in sitting in the same room as that PC.

You can keep saying that Jorge did not do anything wrong, but the evidence is there, its sitting on my desktop, and the files moved as if someone moved them from the files I left them in, but are now sitting on my desktop, this ONLY occured the night Jorge downloaded remote assist.

And with all the sophisticated technology out there with viruses attacking PCs anywhere in the world, which are able to disable someone's computer and then put up for ransom for money, including hackers, something which is worldly broadcasted in the news almost every day, it is highly probable and absolutely undeniable that Jorge (the criminal that he is) knew how to access my PC, and filter through my personal letters, bank statements etc, and anything else he wanted.

Therefore you can keep denying it, but I have absolutely nothing to gain by making false accusations against companies or individuals, I will not gain money out this, I will not gain fame out of this, I will gain NOTHING, therefore why would I make false claims.

The only reason Wix.com would say that my claims are false is because they DO NOT want the public to hear about my experiences as it will harm their company name and then you will lose potential customers.

The ONLY way you can retain potential customer is by taking complaints of this nature seriously, and then provide an excellent customer service experience for the public, an apology would also be a good start, and a solution to the problem I have raised to you as a company who should taking customer complaints seriously.

Right now all I am is extremely angry, frustrated and very disappointed with Wix.com.

It is a shame, as my personal experience was not too bad with building a website, it seems easy enough, this part was a good experience.

It is a shame that customer services, managers and the complaints team was not a good experience. And worse of all Jorge in Technical Support, who is basically a criminal.

Oct 20, 2017

Matt

The problem with Wix.com is that they do not have any internal complaints procedures for customers to take up issues like this with a complaints manager.

If Wix.com provided excellent customer service where Wix.com customers can actually speak to manager over the telephone and you would be receiving less complaint made over the internet on a public forum where members of the public can actually read complaints made by customers of wix.com.

Maybe Wix.com should learn by their mistakes, provide a customer service and an internal complaints team who actually listen and take on board customers complaints.

My experience with website building was okay, but not in relation to making a complaint or speaking to people over the telephone.

• Mi
      Oct 24, 2017

I think Wix is having some financial problems. Why don't they answer phone calls or emails. Why are they trying to rip people off! Please see my Wix Complaint too! I can't believe what their doing and they have to be stopped!

I've been a Wix Customer for over 3 years. At first they provided OK customer service by answering their telephones. Now they don't. I have two websites with them they our company uses on a regular basis for inputting client records, forms and more. We are a Lead Generation business with several clients.

The websites are paid in full for the whole year. A day ago, I tried to log into the account and G-Suite emails and could not. Only to learn after several emails that I was purposely locked out of the account by a Wix Administrator. They told me I owed them $325.00 for late fees.

LATE FEES? Whose ever heard of that for a prepaid account that they've been paid in full for. I asked for an explanation and they won't email me or call me after several attempts. I don't know what is going on with that company but it's pretty fowl.

Our livelihoods count on our websites. I think they are trying to sabotage and discriminate against us. Why would they lock us out of our account and not notify us.

It's illegal and were suing them for everyday we loose work!

DON'T USE WIX. THERE ARE BETTER COMPANIES WITH BETTER SERVICE! COMPANIES LIKE THIS WILL ULTIMATELY FALL!

Oct 25, 2017

@Michelle Gibson Webb Dear Michelle
    Thank you for your message, I really appreciate it, it helps when other Wix.com users get in touch with their experiences also.

With me, Wix.com tech support deny any wrong doing, I have put in a formal complaint but they have not replied to complaint whatsoever.

Wix.com are making ludicrous replies with saying that I'm making false claims, but they are not false claims, they are trying to deny liability so that I drop the complaint completely, but I will not be intimidated by them or put in a position where they will win just to get their own way.

I still have the website open, but only until I can find a suitable alternative, do you have any recommendations or used another website builder you are more happy with?

Many Thanks

Oct 25, 2017

@Rosy5 Also in relation to my complaint, I watched Jorge in Tech Support work on my PC, he was able to access my PC, I watched as he worked on my PC and asked him what he was doing, because I was concerned that he was changing my PC setting or worse trying to read or steal personal information saved on my PC like my bank accounts or worse try to disable my PC at a later stage, as this has happened to companies including our NHS hospitals in London only this year. In the UK there was a documentary about hackers and viruses corrupting PCs for ransom money. I am very concerned about this now. And even though Wix.com Tech support deny this, my complaint is true in its entirety and I will not be intimidated by Wix.com, they should be taking this very seriously but they are not. I actually witnessed Jorge in Tech support who was able to get entry to my PC and he was typing on my PC working as if he were in the same room as me and my PC, therefore Wix.com are liars and criminals.