Witabett.com / Credit Card Fraud

While using my computer a pop up came up advising me my computer had been infected with a virus that would steal my identity, etc., and that I needed to up date my antivirus and spyware. A seal similar to the software I use was shown and I hit it. It then had a place for me to enter a credit card number, etc., which I did. I then realized my antivirus had not expired so I called my computer technician and immediately took my computer to them for scrubbing etc. I also immediately called the my Master Card Bank and adivised them to close the account and not honor any charges with out my permission. I had to change all of my other passwords and usernames as well. My computer technician found Witabett on a list of known fraud entities. He said they are operating out of Cyprus and that the virus and theft is completed when I hit the pop up. I hope others learn by my mistake. I am trying to get my money back from my bank since it is their fault the charge was allowed to proceed and post to my account. Of course, the Bank has a phone bank in the Phillipines and who ever answers doesn't speak English. Wow!!!

Comments

• Sl
      2nd of Jul, 2009
    sheila leonard
    85 torrington drive
    Liverpool
    England, Merseyside
    United Kingdom
    Phone: 01514868857

witabett.com have took £50 out of my bank using direct debit! i dont no what this is for! i would like a refund please!

• Ca
      17th of Jul, 2009
    Witabett.com - charged 79.90 on credit unauthorized; had never even heard of this company until it was on my credit card bill
    Witabett.com
    Kansas

Got my Kroger credit card bill; charged $79.90 on 6/19 for what I don't know. Tried phone number on statement numerous times; always "Circuits are busy." Website has no phone number or address; only their website but nothing interacting. No way to contact them for information. I have no idea what this charge is, but I want it gone!

• Wi
      26th of Jul, 2009
    witabett.com

I was charged £92.65 for a antivirus protector that i am not useing so can i have a refund

Many Thanks

• Le
    Tyler
    Texas
    Phone: 9035045064

I was charged $79.90 in July for something I was unfamiliar with. Tried the website provided and my computer would freeze up each time I entered it. No idea how to get mymoney back!!

Witabett.com - Will not give me their address over the phone to report them

I have not used you antivirus from your company and would like a refund. Thank you.
    Jackie Johnson

• Hu

Yeah you did!!!

• Ji
      6th of Aug, 2009

Complaint Rating:
    Got my RCI Rewards credit card bill; I have been charged $79.90 on 6/30 for what I don't know. Tried phone number on statement numerous times; always "Circuits are busy." Website has no phone number or address; only their website but nothing interacting. No way to contact them for information...I have not used this card in any months, I have been tring to pay off all my cards, And this card has been paid off for some time now.I have contacted my card company to let them know that the card that has been charged, I have not even actvated yet.
    Yours Truly
    Jimmy Wynn

8th of Aug, 2009

I was charged 79.90 which I did not need, can I get a refund?

8th of Aug, 2009

I was charged $79.90 for a antivirus protector that I did not need so can I have a refund?

Randy E. Bingaman

11th of Aug, 2009
    witabett
    Texas

Found a charge on my credit card for $21.50 from Witabett.com. I'VE NEVER HEARD OF THIS COMPANY!

Credit card company issued a credit for this amount. Said they are very much aware of Witabett and their fraud.

25th of Aug, 2009
    Witabett.com - SELLING SOFTWARE AND CREATING A SPAM
    No company name
    Ireland

I was sold a Antivirus Software and it corrupted the computer, Money was taken from my credit card,
    Under Witabett.com +18004762570 CYP

• Md
      26th of Aug, 2009

The same thing happened to me. Not only did I lose the US$99.90 I paid for the software which I never received. But as it was being downloaded to my computer, it infected my entire hard drive and I had to have it replaced and all of my files recovered which was an additional US$495.02. I think this warrants a class action suit. Did anyone else experience this?

• Su
      2nd of Sep, 2009
    Witabett.com - charged on my cardbut don't have service
    home
    39 McCracken Cove
    Hayesville
    North Carolina
    Phone: 828-2738892

I chcked my charg card and found this charge with the phone number 1-8004762570. I called and they kept trying to tell me to talk to someone else but then cut me off the line. over and over. I do not hav this Antivires software. I dont have the soft ware please credit my account I ahve also contacted my bak.

• To
      2nd of Sep, 2009
    Witabett.com - never ordered
    Pottstown
    Pennsylvania

This charge shows up on my credit card statment. I know that the day after this charge my computer went in for a system reboot. now I have a $51.45. for what I never ordered a product like this.

• Be
      7th of Sep, 2009
    Phone: 1-800-476-2570
    witabett.com

I paid $79.95 for virus protection on my computer worked for one day then it was gone and all the viruses came back and when i went to clean them, i was asked to repay them all over again...

• De
      10th of Sep, 2009
    private home
    Rozelle
    New South Wales
    Australia

hi i pursched an anti virus from witabett.com on 27.8.09 for $70.00 and it vanished from my screen on 10.09.09 and cost me $95, 27 so what do i do now? im on a pension and cannot afford to do this all the time i suppose thats what happens when ur too trusting and just learning

• Fa
      10th of Sep, 2009

I was charged $51.45 dollars on credit unauthorized.

• Sh
      13th of Sep, 2009

Yes. Todat I purchased the anti virus software for 59.95. They charged my card 94.70. I contacted them and I'm awaiting a refund. Five minutes after purchasing this nonsense software I checked my bank account online for other reasons and I saw "WITABETT!" i have no idea who that is and I did'n authorize a deduction in that amount.

• Zr
      15th of Sep, 2009

I did not authorize any charges from this company. I paid for an anti-virus software from another company. I need a refund.

• Lu
      15th of Sep, 2009
    Witabett.com
    13520 third ave apt 1304
    Victorville
    California
    Phone: 7608879474

This company used my card information and charged me for software that I did not order nor do I posess!
    Please give me a refund ASAP!