WIT Enterprises / Terrible experience!

7475 Dakin StDenver, CO, United States Review updated:
4.15

Do not waste your time and money interviewing with WIT! With this sort of misrepresentation of the positions and 8 hours unpaid door to door sales, this company is sure to be sued very soon. For your info WIT, my lawyer was not impressed with your fraudulent tactics (which I found out thanks to [redacted] the night before I was the next victim).

When I called WIT the morning of my automatic 8 hour 2ND 'interview' and asked if I would be going door to door that day the manager said 'Of Course' and acted like it was obvious that jobs at WIT demanded door to door sales, even though it nothing of the sort was mentioned during the first interview. Typical smug ### car salesman type who got defensive when I said I wouldn't be putting my health and safety in jeopardy by going door to door in a bad hood in the snow (we have the 'make my day law' out here) and said, 'Plenty of candidates are going to be willing to do this and they will take your place.'

Actually, I don't know anyone willing to go door to door unpaid in the middle of a snowstorm. This company is a joke and should not be allowed to exist. Please report this scam and do not open your door when they come knocking. These people are dangerous manipulators and should be in jail for fraud. I have a college degree: this whole experience was an insult and will never be forgotten. WIT enterprises: you give the free market a bad name.
Va

Comments

Ch
  24th of Jan, 2008
My son was told that they would travel to Iowa to sell and that it was a hot spot. The job paid minimum wages and 10 per for any sales over 30. He took $200 for the trip and was to share a room with 4 guys. By wed he had spend up his $200 and by sat had to draw $300 out of savings to get home. So he took $500 to get $300. They misreprented everthing to him and it was a first class scam.

Worst company in usa and attorney general should shut them down!

I agree!
Ky
  12th of Feb, 2008
I called W.I.T this morning for an interview because they seemed to be a legitimate public relations firm. The woman (Samantha) said she would review my resume and call me back later. She didn't call back, so I called her in the afternoon, at which point she said she was about to call me.

She asked me if I'd like to come in for an interview the next day, which was odd because we hadn't even discussed anything on my resume or anything else for that matter. She scheduled me for an afternoon interview and told me I'd be meeting at the PIMA medical building in Denver for a 2:45 PM interview with Sean or Kanye.

In the online form I'd completed earlier in the day, I'd indicated a preference for a public relations or account management position, so I asked her if she thought I'd be a good fit for either of those. She said I would receive 6 months of training in a broad range of disciplines, including sales and marketing, public relations, management and a few other things.

I then told her it all seemed to easy, which it was.

Thank you for these posts. It's bad anyone had to get scammed, but you've saved me from a similar fate.
Gs
  31st of Mar, 2008
I have been job hunting for about two weeks now and these companies will straight up lie to you on the phone. I was hired with kirby vacumes and their motto was no sales of any kind on the phone and the interview. I started orientation and its a big spiel to sell vacumes, but I get paid a salary for two months (yeah right) 'Well since that mishap I ran into WIT Enterprises, their adds sounded legiamate and the email describing their company. I asked them on the phone twice if there was any sales of any kind, telemarking, door to door ect. They replied no no no, Well I didn't have to look very hard to find complaints about the company online so I canceled the interview! When I confronted a ms ramierez on the phone about your company misrespersenting their adds and questions of inqury, she said "they didn't say there was sales involved" she Played dumb with me on the phone AND i JUST talked to her an hour a ago. Don't fall for WIT enterprises, they are liars! I did door to door sales as a paperboy and it was one my worst experiences on the job.
Ja
  19th of May, 2008
For all you marketing job seekers, also beware of the CORAL GROUP in Denver, CO. They claim to be the leading sports marketing firm in Colorado. However, the experience is very similar to WIT. Door to Door sales which they describe as business to business sales, totally commission based, non -legit clientel. I was scheduled to interview with WIT but will no longer consider it. Thanks for the tip. By the way, WITenterprises.net boast about their marketing style useing the acronym CRM to represent cause -related marketing when all professional marketers know CRM stands for customer relationship managment. Fraudulent!!!
Ke
  7th of Jul, 2008
Thanks for saving me from the interview tomorrow. Ultra Management is another group just like WIT. Check the [redacted]s, similar experience.
Sc
  19th of Sep, 2008
FYI- They "changed their name" now. It is now called "entertainment marketing and seems to be the same scam!
Ja
  20th of Jan, 2010
As a former employee for WIT I would like to say this, I went into this job with no experience...It gave me a foot in the door! Shaun was an amazing boss to me, always very willing to help me whenever need be. Many people are willing and happy to do this job! I made great money and was able to put food on my table and pay my bills. In this rough economy, I would think people would be excited to become gainfully employeed?