WinZip / Awful company

I have been asking repeatedly for Winzip to reconsider their policy for "helping dumb users". If you use the current version of Winzip you have to turn off "include system files" for every single zip you create. Why would anyone want to automatically include extra junk like a thumbs.db which can be quite large? Their response is that this is beneficial to people who are not computer literate. That's a completely ridiculous answer. I have to make a couple of dozen zip files a week that will be emailed. I don't want or need anything extra in the files. Just give me the option to turn this off as a default - they won't even do that. This is not very responsive to the consumers that have used this product for years and don't need this kind of "hand holding".

Ch

Comments

• Ho
      7th of Oct, 2012
    winzipregistry optimizer - will not fix problem
    Holger Hagen
    142 Kaufman run Blvd
    Mars
    Pennsylvania

I have downloaded winzip optimizer and after running it found errors.
    this process took about 10 minutes and then came up with the quote.."FIX IT"
    which i clicked on just to find having to go back and purchasing again.
    why is this.

7th of Oct, 2012

see above statement

• Dt
      2nd of Jun, 2013
    Winzip - did not get to download program
    Dennis Trzeciak
    Midland

I purchased the Winzip download program on June 2, 2013 and did not get to download the program before I lost the connection. I NEVER GOT to COPY the information for my registration so I can't ask Win z up for help because I NEVER got to register it. Can you please help me. My purchase was made with my Discover card.

• Br
      2nd of Jun, 2013

• Ge
      24th of Nov, 2013

Checked to view the service, it was not what I expected so did not register it. I asked for refund of payment but got no reply.

• St
      14th of Jan, 2015

I just purchased and downloaded WinZip Systems Utilities Suite and cannot run it because my anti-virus program identified many many threats to my computer. I want an immediate refund. I have un-installed this program.

5th of Jul, 2017

Once I installed WinZip my computer was constantly held hostage by IT companies claiming to be Microsoft IT Experts and telling me I needed to pay them to remove Mal Ware/Viruses from my computer-they would freeze my screen and computer telling me access was denied until their services were ordered/paid. Once I uninstalled WinZip I never had another problem with my computer and this has been over one year now. COMPLETE RIP-OFF and FRAUDULENT!!