Winnernet Claimant / Have not received item or cheque

1 27 San Jose Turn, MerriwaPerth, Western Australia, Australia Review updated:
Phone: 08 93059433

For the last few months I have been getting letters from such companies as Winnernet, based in Ronkonma, NY, USA PO Box 49, North American Center Prize Competition based at 1401 Armour Road, North Kansas City, MO 64116 USA, International Payments Centre based at PO Box 294 Lake Grove, NY [protected] USA and finally President of Operations, Executive Decisions Center/PROC. PO Box 2904 Kansas City KS [protected], USA.
I foolishly sent creditcard details and authority giving each of these companies the right to take the supposed fees for the swwepstakes that they were claiming that I had won sums of money in. Unfortunitly, I have never received anything except more letters asking for more fees to be paid for items and money that I have yet to receive. I have paid to date a total of $500.00 AUD, to these various companies. As a result I have since cancelled my creditcard that I used to pay for these fees and now refuse to send anything. It puzzles me as to how these companies got my name and address in the first place, as I live in Australia and I had never heard of them before I started receiving their letters. I realise that I will never get anything from these companies or get my money back, but I do hope that my letter helps others so that they won't get scammed!!

Cecilie Biddle.

Comments

• Vw
      8th of Sep, 2009

comment is greentree securities announce sweepstake winner from sec inc and deutsche bank securities inc. 1815 griffin square dania florida 33004 complains sweepstake winner september 5, 2009 did not recieve $3, 750;$150, 0000;$2, 500;$97, 000, 000; was ms g du' taylor at 202 olivialane barnesville, ga 30204-3726 apt 201 did not recieve sweepstakes winning as a winner september 5, 2009 would you please send the greentree securities announce sweepstake winner ms: g du' taylor, at 202 olivialane apt 201 barnesville, ga 30204-3726

• Ka
      8th of Jan, 2010

well over the past few daysl have received 6 letters from 6 different so called companies stating that l have won numerous amount of money, as l know these from the past l felt that l would search and find out more about these companies as l did and found that every one of them are scam's...there is one thing l noticed which is that every one of these letters had the return address's on the envelopes which is based in singapore so they are all connected in some way...l also continued to search for more details like contact phone numbers and can not find any of these places...when l found one sight about these people one comment was made about real and false winnings and this person said when you win something like this you never have to send any money for any reason so when you do receive a letter saying you have won money etc and you have to pay $30 odd dollars or more you know there scam/fraud...well l hope this has helped with any concern on these matters...:o)Vic AUST

• Di
      12th of Apr, 2010

yes there are a lot of these scams and I have had numerous ones all wanting anywhere between $33 to $80 for the release of the cheque that has been promised and you never ever receive the money. Sometimes they send a fake peice of jewelery and make it out to be worth a fortune, or they send a plastic purse or cheque book cover or a cheap pen.(to put the cheque in or sign the cheque with) worth not more than $1. They make it all sound veery tempting and prey on the vulnerable. Imagine how many people actually send this money and how much they are making if they get this sort of money from a few people continuously all thinking that they have won these huge amounts of money. qld Aust.

• Cr
      26th of Apr, 2010

Received a letter from Winnernet stating that I have 460thousand dollars owing to me in monies, and they are requiring 33.49AU a review fee and 3.99AU for a priority attention fee. This is not the first time that I have received such letters, and want to know how they get my details in the first place. As I am positive it is a SCAM but it is well laid out on watermarked paper. So I would like to know if there is any action that can be taken towards these companies, to stop them harassing me or legal action can taken against them.

Sincerely Craig
    SA Aust

• Ju
      8th of Sep, 2010

June Mallam from Toronto, Canada,
    Have received the very same letters stating I have won $460, 000.00 from Winnernet. Glad that I checked this site before I used my credit card for this scam.

• Vi
      12th of May, 2011

I have received a lot of similar letters in recent months all of them with alot of good monies saying i have won.i thought of first making a search on the net concerning the same.Its really tempting but i have reached the end of it that i can not send any of my money to these guys.If anything I would ALLOW them to knock down what ever they are asking from me and send me the rest .Otherwise its a big scam!

Sincerely Victor
    Zambia

13th of Feb, 2012

I just received the same $460, 000, 00 letter today.They are asking CDN$20.00 fee.Their mailing address on the envelope is in the Netherlands.No phone number/e-mail address.

• Sp
      14th of Feb, 2012

I too have been the recipient of several of this type of letter, and being a somewhat cynical sort of individual, decided to check this site prior to any commitment. I'm really glad that I did. I suspect that names have been obtained from records of "on line purchases" which most of us will probably have recently made. I only started receiving these after an "on line overseas purchase" SCAM! Too bloody right. Posted from Malaysia, with return address in the Netherlands? Now why would that make anyone suspicious. The wastepaper bin is the ultimate destination for any more, and I'd advise all readers to follow suit. sincerely, Clive Parkes Mooloo, Queensland.

• Yo
      15th of Feb, 2012

You've Got to be Kidding...Right? People aren't that dumb!!!
    My 74 year old mother received the same letter for 460, 000 from the Netherlands.She called me right away to laugh about it because even she knew it was BS.
    I must say you are all a bit gullible to say the least. If you are savvy enough to order online then be smart about what a scam is. Since EVERYTHING nowadays is EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) there is never a reason to issue a Registered paper cheque to anyone...ESPECIALLY this amount of money. What! .. they are going to trust the human mail to deliver a large money order or cheque with all the ID theft going on? And who would have a company that only deals in paper letters without a website; phone number or even Registered Licence to display for customer service ...just in case that money NEVER arrives. Do you think the So Called "SPONSORS' of this award would allow an Agent company to communicate with you direct without any communication avenues to verify you are the right person? Do you also think the company would rely on a third party to get all the CREDIT for giving out that kind of money without a mention of who they are? The first Alert (well not the first but the most obvious) is that they NEVER called you on the phone to congratulate you and maybe get a picture of you holding the Cheque or even ask if you are truly the person. OH also the request for your Credit Card details AND your signature didn't give you any warning bells? It scares me to think there are still people out there with this kind of naivety in full. By giving your CC details and Signature . you have just finalised their Identity theft process and now they can go out and get all the ID they need as they have ... YOUR SIGNATURE...!! I am curious for those who gave the signature - Did they get any money out of your CC recently? They would have produced a phony CC with all your details on it and also signed on the dotted line.
    PLEASE PLEASE grow some brains people...I am being harsh with all of you because this is ridiculous to see adults with this kind of childish mentality. I am in the middle of teaching my 7 and 8 year olds on Internet crimes and scams and showed them this letter and gave them a few hints on what to see and they both chose that it was a fake.
    Sorry about your losses but you are the ones that are keeping these criminals in business so please stop sending the money so we can all get on with life.

Cheers,
    Confused about it all.

• Da
      11th of Apr, 2012

THEY ARE STILL AT IT. GOT ONE TODAY FOR THE LEGENDARY $460, 000 DOLLARS. NOT EVEN A PREPAID ENVELOPE. AM TEMPTED TO PUT ENVELOPE INTO THE POST WITHOUT A STAMP OR CONTENTS BUT AM NOT NEAR A P.O.

• Lo
      16th of Apr, 2012

I am also constantly receiving letters from the Nethertheland and America which I do admit can be very tempting. The last one received was only last week from Winnernet with the promise of $460.000 . I decided to search the Net for advise when I came across the many comments in relation Winnernet. I thank all the people with thier comments. I be damned to know how they obtained my name and address. I do hope that no one else get tempted by these scams. In future I will mark all letters "return to sender" which will be at their expense. Hopefully they will get the message.

• Fa
      12th of Jul, 2012

hi, there nigerians, ( only takes a few to give a bad rap to the race lol) sent me the same bs, they should use a spell checker lol, i should too, come to think of it, and yes the returm address is to USA, maybe Obama should be more scrutinising as to who gets a green card lol, the other address is in the Netherlands, , I got ### to say about that lol, they are thieving liars with ###s for mouths lol, dont believe there BS, the only way to get money is to work for it, unless your a scamer, vote 1 me for president lol, cheers fabian Masiero