Wingstop / bad customer service

I recently emailed the Wingstop Corporate office about a complain and I received the following response:

"We apologize if you were not satisfied with the customer service you received at this location. At Wingstop, our guests are our number one priority and we are committed to providing the highest quality customer care.".

Great I thought, only to read later that since the store was owned by a franchisee they can't do anything about it and aren't really responsible.

Ma

Comments

• Gr
      1st of Feb, 2010

My wings were messed up at the Destin, FL location and after I asked them to correct the problem the "owner" refused (Irene Messenger, the "owner" said she had excellent customer service). I then asked her if she could refund my money and she said no to that as well. This was a $50.00 order, so one could understand why I would need some cooperation. When I called corporate today, they gave me the same response. I ask now, just this one question-Why do these people print their corporate number on the back of a take out menu for someone to call with a question or concern, when they aren't receptive or truly concerned about how their franchises are being ran?

• Ti
      27th of Apr, 2012

I received a messed up order at wingstop in blue springs missouri and alls they told me was we are sorry., no refund, no other correction to food order? Who runs the authority to come down on franchise owners to stop terrible service?

• Le
      6th of Sep, 2012

I received terrible food at Wingstop in Clear Lake. They do not exchange, refund, or correct your problem. You pay, they serve you what they want and you have no recourse. Corporate claims to have no control over franchises and offer no help.

26th of Nov, 2012

Okay, so I went to wingstop today and ordered some plain boneless wings. Behind me were two other dudes. I just want to note that I'm Asian and the other dudes were white and black. Okay so, after waiting about 20-30 minutes, they finally call out the names. The lady had two orders in her hands, and they were for the dudes behind me. Like what the hell. One dude ordered like 5 minutes after me, yet he gets his food 10 minutes before me. Yea. I had to wait some extra time to get my PLAIN boneless wings. And this isn't just me. Later on, my two friends went so I followed them there. One friend's Asian and the other is Polish. My Asian friend ordered first then my polish friend ordered. Some other dudes ordered afterwards. My Asian friend got her food last out of all of them, and she actually waited 10 minutes after my polish friend got hers. I think this place is freaking racist.

• Rh
      20th of Dec, 2013

I purchased wings at wingstop in Cedar Hill and got home and they were overcooked. I was told that since we ate some of them there was nothing that they could not do. I will never visit a wingstop again.

• Fu
      5th of Apr, 2014

I purchased a 60 dollar order a 9.32 pm got to wing stop at 9.47 pm at the wing stop in 2124 east florence ave. walnut park ca, when they had said my order will be ready in 14 min.. My order was not even ready till 10.23 pm.. To finish it off I got home and they gave me all the same flavor when I had asked for several Other flavors.. I go back and they gave me my correct order but it was already 10.45 pm and the rest of my food was already Super cold .. I call to speak to the manager called Hector he was the night store manager and so rude... I WILL NEVER GO TO ANY WING STOP..

• Un
      25th of Jun, 2014

I frequently visit WingStop in nacogdoches, usually on break from work. The last two times I visited there was an issue with my food being hard or half done I ordered chicken tenders on this particular day and my strips looked like boneless wings so I called back to WingStop, of course I was in break and had to wait 30 minutes for my food after being told 19 minutes. So I called and spoke with what I was later told to be a new employee I told her that my strips looked like boneless wings and she consulted her manger came back to me on hold and told me is be put in the book! I said okay asked how I would need to verify that I had been put in the book she said oh you'll only need your name and number. I hung up. Two weeks later I call WingStop of course on break, I ask about being in the book no one could find me then I was placed on hold, left there and eventually hung up on! I called back no one answered i waist 20 minutes on hold and didn't get to eat because I sat on hold waiting on a reply. I was told that one of the lead ppl would give me a call back, I waited in my car for an additional ten minutes and said to heck with it I'm going back to work. 2 hours later I finally got a call back and the lead girl told me they would give me the four strips if I could come get them now! I explained to her the incovinience this had caused and explained that I would not be able to come by to get the strips because when I first called I was in break I was back at work and wouldn't be taken an additional break to come wait 40 minutes for food at wing stop. The lead girl was too rude and their customer service sucked their staff obviously lacks training and from here on out I will document each issue I have with wing stop. I will take pictures and notes I will see improvement in staffing or I'll continue to complain. I work hard for my money and I feel like my meal should be perfect for what we pay for it!

19th of Sep, 2014

I placed my Order at 8:30 pm on the wingstop in buckner blvd in dallas tx i got there at nine and my wings were not ready i didnt get my order until 11:00pm they have really bad customer service and need to do something about it because it does not take so long to make some wings and take that long to give the customer their order this is something they need to change ASAP wingstop is my favorite place to eat but the way i have been treated tonight is making me think about ever going back.

• Sh
      19th of Nov, 2014

I visited the Wingstop on Lindell in St. Louis, MO tonight and my experience was horrible. This is the first time i have ever had a bad experience with Wingstop. Anytime I've ever been to any of the Wingstops in St. Louis it has been a great experience. I was always shocked by how nice and and professional the employees were but tonight ruined that and i will never go to Wingstop again. When i ordered my food i asked for my chicken to be well done and my fries to be cooked extra crispy as well. I eat at Wingstop all the time so i know how well done chicken taste but this time it wasn't. I called back and the young lady who answered the phone was very non-chalant and rude and just placed me on hold for about 10mins to wait for a manager. When the manager got on the line he was very rude as well, talking over me and not even really caring about what i was talking about. I wasn't calling demanding a refund, i wasn't calling demanding my food to be remade and i wasn't even trying to complain i was just asking(very calm i might add) if the person had got that i wanted my chicken to be well done but it seems as if they were on the defense from the get go and offended so they weren't trying to here anything i was saying. I don't know who was worse the manager or the young lady that answered the phone. This really upset me and made me so furious that someone could be so rude to a repeated customer. I would never and i mean never go back to a Wingstop again.

• Di
      29th of Jan, 2015

In indy we have "coupons4indy" and the south Shelby Store honors these coupons . the new 71st and Keystone store(the store closest to my house)does not honor the coupons. What an unprofessional sistuation. What happend to company protacol. At what point to you not police your franchisees??? let me guess, when they are allowed to hire hooter girls to work. Or, are they allowed to sell fish from long John Silvers . then will you be responsible then and lower the hammer

• Js
      24th of Feb, 2015

This location is so mismanaged. We placed an order online for a Mixed Combo. This is supposed to be 4 classic wings and 4 boneless wings with fries and a drink. I also added an additional drink (upgrade both to large) and order 2 orders of baked beans. When I arrived to pickup our order the gentleman behind the counter told me my total and I paid him. He handed me my order without my drinks. I explained to him that I was supposed to get drinks and he wanted to argue with me. I told him, read the receipt. He then handed me to cups for my drinks. I should have taken this as a warning of things to come. When I got to our office and we opened the order, it was a mess. They had sent only classic wings (my secretary will not eat chicken on the bone), the fries looked like they were cooked a couple of hours earlier (limp and greasy), the beans were runny (like they were watered down). On top of it all the wings were so over cooked they were not edible. I immediately called the location. The person that answered the phone was out in la la land. I asked to speak to the GM. It took him a good 5 minutes to come to the phone. When I explained my disappointment with the order being incorrect and my disappointment in the quality, he said "what do you want me to do about it" (btw the GM's name is Hons). I told him I wanted the order replaced. He said well I am looking at your online order and it does not say Mixed combo. We will replace the 4 boneless wings, but that is all. I said this food is not edible. I asked for the district manager or owner's number and he refused to give them to me. He then said "we are a franchise and the corporate office cannot make us do anything to us. I have sent gone on the corporate office website to contact them. They only have an online contact form. We have contacted them on two separate occasions thru their contact form. They have yet contacted me back. This all took place on 2/10/2015. Maybe the Putz general manager knew what he was talking about. The corporate office must not make their franchisees abide by any standards. You know what they say . . . The best and the worst advertising you can get is word of mouth. We will definitely be saying nothing but bad about this location. If you are reading this, you see the beginning of our post on social networks.

• Be
      25th of Feb, 2015

Went to go eat there an got the buffalo wings and fries . The wings were OK but the fries had way to much salt. 25 minutes later my chest started hurted and hurts to breath .

• Re
      26th of Feb, 2015

Most people wouldn't have eaten them if they thought the fries were too salty. I have never heard of too much salt causing breathing problems unless a person has some other problem.

26th of Feb, 2015

Wingstop has a website where you can complain to them about this. I have agree with redhatterb71, I don't want to but I do.

• Sm
      4th of Feb, 2018

@1skippy I did and honestly don’t expect any resolution. They have enough business that the few 100 that complain wont affect their business. Sad but true. I will never order from there again. Franchised own so corporate does not care. They made their money by selling the franchise.

• Re

1skippy, I take it you don't like me. lol

26th of Feb, 2015

That is not a yes or no question. LOL

Either one looks bad.

• Wi
      7th of Apr, 2015
    Wingstop - easter
    wingstop
    lakewood

I was fired for not working Easter at Wing stop on Wadsworth and Colfax.

• Le
      23rd of Apr, 2015

I have been Having Problems with the Wingstop #690 522E. Pipeline Rd. I order my meal Via Online. Happened to me twice already where I Show up and the order is Not ready and I have to Re order and wait an extra 20-30 mins. I Show the order Confirmation to the employee who apparently have No Clue what's Wrong nor who to Contact to Fix it. It's a waste of my Time. I really Like Wingstop though this inconvenience makes me want to order my Food elsewhere.
    Upset#Hungry# disappointed

29th of Jul, 2015

I am sorry to say that this is not my first email to your company about this store.. Yes I get that this is a franchise store therefore you guys just forward the info to the owner of this store. I would think that a company such as yours in the name wing stop and that it be a requirement for the franchise owners to hold up to the standards you expect. I eat at the wing stop in lemon grove and drive all the way from National City to do so.. I have years management experience and find it amazing that this store obviously lacks from extremely poor management as well as a poor DM who emailed me the last time. I have time and time again gave this store chances.. It is disgusting I possibly should just call the health dept since your corporate office wants to just pass the buck. The store is disgusting dirty I have turned around on numerous occasions and left because I lose my appetite and the coke machine has greasy fingers all over it all the time just nasty. The staff is rude and the chicken looks small compared to other wing stops. The fries are under cooked and soggy. This is my last straw I love wing stop and used to eat there at the least once a week but know unfortunately I have to drive to lemon grove rather then the wing stop down the street. I am sorry to say and I hope you guys just don't pass the buck on this because one bad review can lead to many .. I have already posted on yelp twice next I will be contacting the BBB and the health dept. I would hope your corporate would prove me wrong other then being money hungry and not caring who buys into there franchise .. You best believe I will have my voice heard. I am honestly disgusted with wing stop just passing the buck for the mighty dollar. There is a wings and things just down the street although I have always been partial to the flavor of wing stop. At least wings and things store is spotless. The wing stop in national city is absolutely disgusting. Next step I will be contacting OSHA. I am a extremely dissatisfied customer who has been loyal for many years..