Winferno Secure IE 2010 / Ripped Off by Winferno software license change

1 179 South St Fl 2, Boston MA 02111, United States Review updated:
Phone: (617) 357-7000

I bought a software license for Secure IE 2004 for $29.95, upgraded & bought a software license for Secure IE 2007 for $29.95, again upgraded & bought a software license for Secure IE 2010 for $29.95. One year after purchase, Secure IE 2010 stopped working and I get a pop-up that wants me to renew my Secure IE Browser Security. I am PISSED-OFF and MAD-AS-HELL with Winferno. Winferno included code in Secure IE 2010 software to turn off the product after one year of use and require owners to renew a one year subscription for $19.95. When I emailed Winferno they responded, "Upon review of your account, it shows that your Secure IE subscription had expired, and if you want to continue using it, you will have to renew your subscription." When I contacted Winferno by phone I was told that my Secure IE 2010 license was no longer a software product license, it was changed to a license for a subscription to Winferno's security service. UN-FREAKING-BELIEVABLE! In all the years I've owned Secure IE Winferno has never provided a single software update — they only offered new versions with a new license purchase. As for security, Secure IE uses my McAfee protection — a subscription which I purchased directly from McAfee. Apparently Winferno has decided it's good business to blackmail legal license holders for the privilege of using the product they already paid for and own!

Comments

• Ex
      17th of Mar, 2012

I agree 100%. Winferno did the same thing to me! When I migrated from an Windows XP computer to a 64-bit Windows 7 computer Winferno told me my Secure IE 2007 software would need to be updated and that I would have to buy a new license for their Secure IE 2010 software version. I did that and one year later it stopped working. Winferno wants me to pay them again to continue using the software. Winferno ignores my emails and when called, they tell me that I did not buy a license, they sold me a subscription and I have to pay them $19.95 every year for service. DO NOT BUY ANY SOFWARE FROM WINFERNO!