WineStyles / Poor customer treatment

This complaint is in regards to a wine store in Fort Wayne, IN called WineStyles. My wife and I are wine collectors and will easily spend $200 in one visit if we find nice wines for our collection. This is a new store in town and we were wanting to see what they had to offer. Alas - read on for our problems:

We had originally written to this store in order to ask about their policy of posting handwritten signs in the window saying, "Be back in 30 minutes". We had tried to visit their store twice on two separate days and both times were unsuccessful because of this - and there was never any indication of when they left in the first place, so we had no idea if they had already been gone for 25 minutes or if they had just left. The first reply from them was a terse apology and a printable card for "7% off of your next purchase". Obviously put off by this apathetic response, we wrote back simply saying that we would take our business elsewhere to establishments that we knew would be open during their posted business hours. This is the reply we received (attached with the original e-mail thread):

From: Winestyles
To: m.parlin AT verizon.net
Cc: 'Maxim One Inc'
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2007 1:35 PM
Subject: RE: WineStyles feedback

Sorry you feel this way. From the tone of your email, I can surmise you’ve never been a business owner. When other requirements are first and foremost as a single business owner my time sometimes require my presence at other meetings of more importance to continue to keep my business afloat. We now have more employees and longer hours to serve our committed clientele. Apparently, you seem to be a little anal, and the type of customer we would rather not have visit WineStyles anyway, since you are so limited in your schedule and probably sophistication also. We have a client base of more intelligent affluent customers, who don’t require such limitations to run in and out of a wine store without much thought and time. This is much different than the type of customer you seem to be. Wish you much luck in life!

Comments

31st of Jan, 2009

Send it to their headquarters and their CEO...I don't think these bozo's screen any potential franchisees, though, so not sure that they will give a hoot. This is not an upscale wine establishment and obviously from the reply from the store owners, not very professional or educated themselves and would predict the doors being closed for good in 6 months.

• Fo
      1st of Jun, 2009

Azpyr Inc., doing business as Winestyles & Gifts, 4512 Tamarack Drive, Fort Wayne. Debt: between $500, 000 and $1 million. Assets: between $50, 001and $100, 000.

Looks like you wont have to worry about Winestyles much longer.

Saw this bankruptcy in the paper.