Wine Insiders / customer service, voucher use and new year's preview sale wine information

1 United States

Date: 12/26 & 12/28:

Since I have not received a response to the email I sent to Zac, CEO and "Chief Wine Lover" I am attaching my original email sent earlier this week to Zac regarding my concerns with vouchers and special offers.

I am hoping concerns are responded to by your company. You have already lost my purchases for Clients and Family 2018 New Year's Gifts.

P.S. I also received a Holiday half case gift last week which was followed up by a confusing letter and Voucher to redeem from Travel Zoo, which I had to call and straighten out yesterday. I found out from your customer service that the Voucher was already used by the sender and referred back to a gift I already received. Unfortunately that was not explained in the voucher, the voucher only gave instructions on how to redeem for the Holiday Reds half case.

Very Disappointed Customer.

Below is my original email to Zac, CEO sent by reply to his $50.00 Gift Voucher email Christmas Gift.
Zac—

I am new to Wine Insiders and am unhappy and uncertain about your program. I spoke with Amy in your Customer Service department trying to get answers to questions regarding this $50.00 Voucher and the email New Years Preview Sale notice I received today. Although she was pleasant and courteous, she was unable to provide the information I requested, other than that there were restrictions on the $50.00 Voucher in email below and I could not use it toward my New Years Preview Sale Purchases.

1. The $50.00 voucher from you yesterday, no where in the email message does it state there are restrictions to its use other than I must spend at least $65.00. My inquiry was whether I could apply the $50.00 Voucher to the New Year's Preview Sale and I was told no. I certainly understand restrictions, but they need to be clearly state in the email and/or offer. In addition in the New Year's Preview Sale email no where does it say offer can not combine with any other offer or discount.

2. As to the New Year's Preview Sale (15-packs +Free Shipping), this inquiry was how I could find out the Wines included in the Upgrade to the 15 pack of Super Premium Wines ($15.00 upcharge). In the regular choice ($74.99) when I select this order option I can see each wine bottle, description and awards won. I can not see the same for the Upgrade to Super Premium 15-pack choice. I was told that the wine assortment list for the Super Premium is not available, only the names of 3 listed in the Upgrade selection box. Again I am a bit disheartened as to the availability of product information, wine brand, origin and description.

We were hoping to send this assortment as a New Year's Gifts to our clients & friends. The New Year's preview sale is time sensitive and is only a one day sale for today only (December 26). Unfortunately I will not be able to take advantage of this offer.

I am a retailer operating both Brick & Mortar Stores and Online Retail Outlets, it is important to remember information is vital and if restrictions apply they need to be clearly stated.

Email from Zac, CEO Wine Insiders:
Hey Anne,

Just a quick note to say Merry Christmas and thank you for being part of the Wine Insiders family. Enclosed is your $50 gift voucher, good through the end of the year. To redeem, simply follow these three easy steps:

1. Click here to be taken to our site.
2. Enter voucher code WINLHWBXDVGPLW.
3. Add at least $65 in wine to your cart. Your discount will be applied at checkout.

Let's raise a glass and cheers to a happy and healthy 2018!

P.S. I've included a second $50 gift voucher for you to pass along to a fellow wine lover. Their code is WINLHWVTSPZDQR.

Anne-Marie (Anne) Caso