Windstream / massive connection issue in sugar land, texas

Sugar Land, TX, United States Review updated:

Began experiencing slow speeds and high pings in May (speeds of less than 1 mbps, pings above 600ms). Since then, problem has not abated. I went out and bought two different routers. Speed remained slow. Called customer service multiple times. They told me there was no problem. They told me to buy a new modem from them for $75.

And then I saw these threads:

All are dated between May and July, 2011. All are from Sugar Land Windstream customers. All are experiencing the same problem.

Is this worthy of a class-action? I don't know. Will I be dropping Windstream? Yes. Do I encourage others to do the same? Definitely.

Comments

• Ag
      Jul 19, 2011

I agree with everything you said EXCEPT I want to add that apparently it is Windstream EVERYWHERE. I am in Iowa and Windstream took over Iowa Telecom and the service and reliability of the internet service has gone down hill big time and when I call to say something I am told that I need to buy a new modem and will continue to have problems until I get a new modem.

• Wi
      Jul 19, 2011

We are sorry to hear of your recent Windstream experience. We take matters like yours seriously and want to resolve your issue with your broadband service. Please contact our Complaint Resolution Team at 877-316-4077 Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST. You may also email us at [protected]@windstream.com with your Windstream number, a number you can be reached and the issues you are experiencing and we will be happy to assist you.

• Di
      Jul 31, 2011

Dear Windstream Customer Service:
    If your customer service is horrible, why would any sane person want to go near it?
    Believe me, I know first hand. I asked for a bundle (phone and internet) and you charged me for separate items. I asked for the higest speed internet, I got some lame excuse as to why I got less than that and billed for the higher speed and treated like I don't know computers. Nevermind the fact I have two degrees in computer science. Also, every single time there was an outage, it was MY computer not YOUR shoddy lines. I asked for just internet. You refused, despite now there is a FCC LAW saying you can have them separate. Had I recorded the message, this rant would be in a court of law at the business end of a lawsuit rather than a complaint forum.
    It would also help if I called your customer "Service" number I got somebody that spoke my language in my country (USA). Not your day labor in India or China.
    But what difference does it make? You are a monopoly. I can't go elsewhere and you know it. So you can abuse me and I can't do anything about it. Either I go to you and take your abuse, or I can go...nowhere. Just like the rest of your customers...
    Too bad there isn't a spam button on this. You and dsgreher would be hit with it.

• Ag
      Jul 31, 2011

Well said, I might add that what Windtream has is customer NONservice. I know I called the number I was told to call with issues and was told by "Amanda" "we are sorry you are unhappy but things change and unless you buy the new modem even if you are renting it because that was an old program, there is nothing we can do for you" and she also added "all phone systems go down and yours going out every couple of weeks is really not that unusual so we wont be sending out a tech to check it out"

• Wi
      Aug 10, 2011

We are sorry to hear of your recent Windstream experience. We take matters like yours seriously and want to address your concerns. If you wish to share more information regarding the checkup utility, please feel free to email [protected]@windstream.com and I will be happy to assist you.