Windstreamno dsl here

i have windstream phone service here, but the funny thing about it is i have called them out to my home 6 times in 3 weeks for a very poor team of repair people who don't know crap or do anything here to fix problems on my phone line period .See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in London, KY Static and clicking noises on 2 seperate phones i pay for, and funny thing i cannot get highspeed here period internet with them, but everyone else but us few on our road get highspeed here . I have called them they do nothing but tell u crap 100 different stories oh maybe in 2 years, but we don't know . The most craziest company and worst i have seen in my 42 years of life !!! They are worthless to me . Don't ever get this company period to have anything for you !!!

Jj

Comments

• Be
      Aug 22, 2008
    WindStream - Horrible Customer Service

Windstream is impossible to get rid of, I cancelled service more than 3 months ago and am still getting bills. I've called in more than 10 times and you get passed around to at least 10 people before they find one that can help you, making each call at least half an hour long. You then are assured the problem is fixed only to receieve yet another bill a few weeks later. TERRRRIBLE SERVICE!!!

• Mr
      Dec 16, 2008

See my post about Winstream, same deal.

• Be
      Jul 13, 2009
    WindStream - paying 230 a month for services that dont work
    windstream
    753 seattle dr
    Lexington
    Kentucky
    Phone: [protected]

Yea so im gonna start selling internet and tv myself and just put a cardboard box in everyones house and while im at it why not charge i dont know 200 dollars cause the cardboard box is made of the finest cardboard in the south. Im paying back bills for service that never worked. So how about this ### you talk to the lawyer.

• 54
      Jul 26, 2009

they suck!!

• Di
      Nov 06, 2009

oh you can call that number good luck try the FCC my modem they said because its WHITE IT IS $1oo.oo not the $49.99 as on tv. wellI told them I could paint it green pink etc. The 49.99 turned out to be $223.00 I called over 80 times for internet help (have photos and video tapes) that windstream internet service was having problems. Well they did knock the bill down to $120.00 and today 11-16-2009 and was told that if I do NOT receive the $50.00 in 8 weeks to call them. I said well you can deduct it from my bill then.

• Gr
      Dec 13, 2009
    WindStream - Costly
    Pennsylvania

Windstream's $59.95 specail pricing is aactually much more per month. They didn't mention taxes and fees add add another 45% to the bill, bringing it closer to $88.00. Also Windtreams Internet service is extremely slow compared to cable internet, there excuse " well we ssated in the small print up to such and such speed". Often it is only 5% of the up to speed. Terrible, very misleading as to service level and actual costs.

• Da
      Jan 01, 2010

What company quotes taxes? windstream doesn't, nor does any other telco, charge you taxes, the government does. If you don't want to pay high taxes on your phone/internet service, write a letter to your governor. And as for the internet speed, Windstream provides faster service than most of the other telcos, IE Verizon and AT&T. They offer 24mbps in some areas through regular dsl lines. AT&T tops out at 6mbps.

• Sm
      Feb 26, 2010
    WindStream - Porting of Service
    Windstream

Windstream purchased D&E Communications in PA. We have been trying to get a port date to change our phone service to another provider for over 60 days and Windstream is uncommunicative and rejects every attempt for one reason or another.
    I have filed a complaint with the FCC and PA State Attorney General's Office because we can get no results from Windstream. We have no point of contact or way to resolve this issue.

• Bm
      Jan 04, 2011

Were you able to resolve this? We are trying to switch but keep the same # as we are a small construction company. Comcast keeps being told by WS the acct isn't valid. I've spoken with WS and confirmed acct # (reading it right off the bill), they say yes its correct. Back and forth for 2 days now.
    Thanks for any help/insight!

• Ya
      Apr 17, 2011
    WindStream - Poor DSL
    2048 SW 72nd Rd
    Clatonia
    Nebraska
    Phone: [protected]

I have had Windstream DSL for almost three years. I pay for a 1.5meg service but I only get 200K download on a good day. I've talked to them over and over again and they refuse to fix the problem. This is the absolute worst company I've ever dealt with, they totally stonewall the customer. If there is a class action (and there should be), I want to be at the front of the line. I HATE this company!

Apr 26, 2011
    WindStream - slow internet for 3 weeks now
    Georgia

Jimmy)winstream customer service) indicates that there is a "slow service issue" in my area of Georgia. This is the response I have been getting for 3 weeks now. I contracted with Windstream for 3 Mbps and am getting .2 to 1.2 Mbps download. What is going on slowstream?

• Lu
      Apr 30, 2011

We have been dealing with latency outage in Kopperl, Texas for almost 5 weeks. Windstream has the most horrible customer service I've ever encountered. They do not provide the 12mbs to us that they advertise and they don't appear to care about fixing it timely. Too bad rural residents don't have any other providers to choose from. Windstream takes our money but doesn't deliver.

• Ro
      May 24, 2011
    WindStream - Thieves
    Windstream

Windstream communications has been double billing my two companies for over 3 years and we did not see that they had been charging for both places on both bills. Now they claim that we had to dispute the bills within 30 days and will no offer any restitution. It took 4 months of calling managers for them to finally say they would not do anything. AT&T was bad but not like these thieves.

• Cr
      May 29, 2011
    WindStream - Not so happy
    Windstream

I have delt with windstream for a few months about my bil & had to call them to fix our internet. We were paying for service for almost a month and didn't have service. Because the wires were messed up. Now I been paying between $90.00 and $110.00 dollars for internet/phone when it was suppose to be $50. So I not very happy about this.

• Ed
      Jun 12, 2011
    WindStream - Phone book
    Edgrens heating and cooling
    Albia
    Iowa

after spending alot of money over the last year for Business Phone service, I was not even listed this year in the phone book under Heating or air conditioning. I called and they said sorry. I just hope my new business can make it one more year with NO phone book listings I think i should get a discount for there Boo Boo, but nope they DONT CARE!!!

• Sh
      Aug 25, 2011
    WindStream - Terrible Service!
    Windstream

Windstream really does not care. My mother has had nothing but problems and they will not fix it. Today a Windstream truck drove by the house not stopping and reported no one was home... there were two cars in the drive way and three people were outside when the truck drove by. Terrible company which should not be allow to operate !

• Wi
      Aug 25, 2011

We are sorry to hear of your parents' Windstream experience. We take matters like this seriously and want to resolve your parents' issues with their service. Please contact our Complaint Resolution Team at [protected] Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST. You may also email us at [protected]@windstream.com

• Fi
      Aug 28, 2013

I have a DSL line and I pay for 12MB . What I actually get is closer to 3 on a good day. I have had them at my hose and they have rewired everything and replaced the modem, and I still have the same problems. When I call in for service, I get someone that is from Florida or the other day, they were in Peru. It was real hard trying to talk to someone that had a hard time understanding you and you can not understand them either. They all blame it on your equipment, that it can not be theirs. When I do complain, it is like my service is worse after I talk to them. We really don't have a choice because they are the only tele service that we have. I know alot of my people have had the same problems and they all complain. to Windstream. Recently I got an email and a voice mail from Windstream stating that all Internet service in my area had just been upgraded. This upgraded did nothing, but caused the service to be slower than a dial up. I also like the one, the service rep will tell you to hang on while they reboot your telephone number, like that is going to do something. Then they said that should help and you say no change. I have talked to the FCC and they say they can not help unless they get 35% of Windstreams customers need to complain to them about the poor service. and that has not happened. Windstream buys small rural telephone companies and bleeds them dry, only for the money They do not care about who they are selling to. if satellite service wasn't so expensive i would change

• Tr
      Mar 18, 2014

Windstream has the worst customer service of any corporation that I have ever dealt with in my life as a consumer. They close service request tickets without the problem being corrected. They treat the consumer shoddy due to not having a choice of vendors in the rural areas that they provide service. Researching going to wireless phones and satellite internet services just to get away from this company. They do not provide the fast internet service they advertise.