Windstream / DSL Internet / keep passing the problem from 1 person to another

We have reported our internet/dsl problems everyday for a week and half. They keep passing the problem from 1 person to the other person, each one saying it is fixed. We have had a new router, new modeum and finally they sent a tech out on Wednesday, feb. 25. He replaced a line. Well it is out again, on Friday Feb. 27th @ 2:18pm. We are a business and CAN NOT operate without the internet. I have lost repeated business, my employees are frustrated, I am frustrated and our customers are too. By the way, did I say we are a insurance company? When we can't service them they leave and go across the street to someone who can! Can I afford to lose business in this day and time? NO. We were with a local internet provider before and never had a problem with them. They teamed up with Valor/ Windstream and asked us to go to Windstream. BAD MISTAKE, I DID NOT WANT TO DO IT. WHAT I FIGURED WOULD HAPPEN, DID. There is no competition for Windstream so they could care less if they fix a problem or not. IF YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE THEM DON'T. THEY DO NOT CARE!!!

Sm

Comments

• Cu
      16th of Feb, 2010
    Windstream / DSL Internet - It was the worst experience I have ever had with any company in my 52 years
    Windstream

I moved to the Concord, NC area in July, 2008 and found that Windstream was the local phone provider. Not wanting to have to add wiring to the house to carry web access I decided to use Winstream DSL. The installer got my voice lines working fine, and got the DSL modem set-up and plugged-in. At that point, he claimed that a server was down and he could not connect, but that it should be back up by the end of the day and I would be able to connect. Making a long story short, after two weeks of constant calls to extremely poor customer service and many promises of Support Managers and techs that a service tech would be out the next day and would make it work, nobody from Windstream ever showed-up and they could not make their own DSL work. After the most aggravating two weeks of my life, I told Windstream to cancel the DSL and sent back their modem. In short, it was the worst experience I have ever had with any company in my 52 years.

17th of Feb, 2010

We are sorry to hear of your recent Windstream experience. We take matters like yours seriously and want to resolve your Broadband issues. Please contact our Complaint Resolution Team at 877-316-4077 Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST. You may also email us at icanhelp@windstream.com

7th of May, 2010

Windstream really does not care. My mother has had nothing but problems and they will not fix it. Today a Windstream truck drove by the house not stopping and reported no one was home... there were two cars in the drive way and three people were outside when the truck drove by. Terrible company which should not be allow to operate.

14th of Jun, 2010

Are you still having issues with your Broadband service? If you are, you can email me at icanhelp@windstream.com or call em 877-316-4077 to resolve your mothers issue. Thank you.

• Ko
      9th of Nov, 2010

I agree with these guys on this one. I live in hazard ky and have dsl through windstream and i can say that they are lazy and dont care if they fix anyones problems. I use to get 1.5mb dsl now i get 512 kb dsl. Had 1.5 perfect for a year and all of a sudden instead of fixing the problem i had they said wait you cant have 1.5 anymore you get 512 kb and live with it. i have three special needs children that loved playing nick jr and watching there stuff over the net and now they cant even watch youtube. The sad part is that there is great dsl on both sides of me where i live but about 25 houses have to live with thiscrap they call dsl at 512 kb and id say that they will never fix the dsl here. /dsl 3mb to 1.5.../my house 512kb/...dsl 3mb to 1.5 i live on a 4 mile road i live at the 2 mile marker so the dsl goes 1.5 miles then ends and starts back at about 2.5 miles which leaves me in the middle with crap. nice job windstream love your engineers for there wonderfule planning.

31st of Mar, 2011

"We are sorry to hear of your recent Windstream experience. We take matters like yours seriously and want to resolve your issue. Please contact our Complaint Resolution Team at 877-316-4077 Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST. You may also email us at icanhelp@windstream.com"

Damn, why don't you send people to 1-877-316-4077 first whenever they have a complaint or problem dealing with the regular, beyond-poor, Windstream Customer Service numbers. Luckily, this 1-877-316-4077 exists. It's just too bad that it takes hours on end to get something actually rectified when it comes to over billing and poor service on Windstream's part. It's just a miracle that there are a few decent people working in the Windstream complaint department and sad that the front line is so devoid of them. Call 1-877-316-4077 if you have a complaint against Windstream. Hopefully, they can help you like they did for me; even thought it took several calls over a couple of months to get Windstream to admit to their mistakes of trying to charge me 59.99 for a service that is advertised at 39.99 by claiming that I live in an area that calls for the higher price. It helps that I called back and recorded the agent quoting the 39.99 price for service in "my" area and neighborhood. Call 1-877-316-4077 if you have a complaint against Winstream for poor service or blatant flash advertising. Again, the number is 877-316-4077. Maybe, this will help others like it finally helped me. 877-316-4077 Customer complaint phone number 877-316-4077

• Cm
      27th of Feb, 2012

We have been with wind stream for almost an year now and have had nothing but trouble with the service. They made sure we are being charged 9.95 for service fees and don't fix a thing. They should just close their doors, we do have charter Internet here in our town which we are looking into changing over to them.They come out three times and never fixed anything.The first repair man told the truth its not on your end its on the service providers end.He checked all wiring put new modem in and still it didn't help.The second man gave us a new IP address ans said that will fix it, wrong! The third man that came out said he adjusted wires from the pole and that should fix it, wrong! Wind stream is a joke and scam. They are charging us for 10% Internet services. I would not tell any one to get wind stream very bad company.

• Sl
      13th of Sep, 2012

I completely agree. Windstream is the WORST company I have EVER dealt with. I have had problems with them from the absolute start. The only thing Winstream has ever done correctly was the website took my information that I submitted. ALL customer service representatives have NEVER solved ANY issue in a timely fashion. I will NEVER use Windstream again, nor will I EVER recommend them to ANYONE.

• Us
      23rd of Nov, 2012

I have called every day for a week. I have signatures from every Windstream customer within a ten mile radius who all say that they are completely unsatisfied with Windstream. I am paying for 3Mbps, and I get an average of 0.03Mbps. I have as many as 40 outages every month. Customer service does nothing.

• Fy
      2nd of Mar, 2013

We have had trouble of one sort or another for four years. I must first say that the technicians in the field and on the phone are wonderful. These guys are kind, patient, polite, honest and thorough. They have been the ONLY Windstream employees that have demonstrated any level of care and concern and the only ones to be honest with me. We noticed increasingly problematic internet signal as far back as December. This was after paying a premium for increased speed that we never received. At one point I spent two days making phone calls, talking to seven different people that gave me three different answers and each of them were curt, not knowledgeable in their role, and I received NO help or answer, or refund. We finally learned (via a local tech) that Windstream had an equipment failure back in December and they did not know when the equipment would arrive, when it would be installed or when it would be operational. Thousands of customers are effected. No notification has been made to those customers. No plans are in place to credit customers for lack of service. The only way to receive any credit is to go to the local office in Lexington and make a complaint. They are offering only $15 off of the January and February bills and that was only after I made a display in the office after much eye-rolling on the part of the "customer service" rep who finally gave up and went and got the manager. He was indifferent to me. Gave me the $30 credit and told me that it would be several more weeks before the equipment would be activated. We were paying for 12Mbs service and receiving .2Mbs His additional solution was to change us to 6Mbs service which is now what we are paying for and we are now getting 3Mbs. They actually told me NOT to call the corporate office for service as they did not know or understand what was going on out here and would only be confused if I did - was too late on that one.

• Nm
      13th of Mar, 2013

what was that corporate office number