Windrift / Horrible customer service

1 3500 Windrift WayOceanside, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (877) 266-7935

My wife and I were coming towards the end of our lease so we started moving. We knew we had to get the carpets cleaned so that we could avoid getting them replaced. My wife and I also have two little chihuahuas that were living with us. We got the carpets cleaned which looked awesome and brand new. When we notified the apartment complex of our scheduled move out the LEAD CONSULTANT told us that we DID NOT have to make an appointment for a walk through with us and the apartment personnel. I found that rather odd but went with it. I few weeks later I received a bill in the mail from these money hungry worthless people stating that we owed them about 700 dollars for the replacement of the carpet. I called them and they stated that the carpets needed to be replaced due to urine smell from pets. The carpets had no such smell and were already replaced before i knew about them. When we had the carpet cleaned the carpet service told us that they could come back and ree do them if there was a problem. Obviously I didn't have that option because windrift took the liberty of replacing them instead. Anyways I talked to someone at their corporate office and told them the story they said they would contact windrift about the issue and call me back. I waited for a week for a call and decided to call them back. They said there was nothing they could do even though that stupid LEAD CONSULTANT I mentioned earlier admitted she told me the wrong information about our move out procedure. They said I didn't have it in writing and bla bla bla I signed papers bla bla bla. Anyways I lost over 1, 000 for the carpet replacement and cleaning combined. I paid them the money I really didn't have to avoid collections. I serve in the United States Marine Corps and to think these are the kind of people I am fighting for. I will never rent from this company again and deter all others I can from renting from them as well.

Jo

Comments

• Ku
      2nd of Jul, 2008

I do not understand, they just sold a majority of thier apartmnents, how is it they cannot afford to give you back a deposit. Also, They are suppossed to by law change the carpets and paint after every move out, you can fight them on it in small claims without a lawyer. They are also responsible for lawyer fees if you choose to sue for more. I just went through hell with aimco and moved out for too many reasons to list, Fire hazards, harrassmebnt, and charges added to rent that appear fraudulant. Aimco has tremendous accounting problems, so beware. If you need any info or help I will give you what I know. Srry they screwede you too.Hope you have a good day, or at least make the best of it.