Window World / waste of time and money

We had Window World of Greater Boston install 9 windows in our home after Window World of Southeastern MA did such a great job installing 15 previous windows. Lesson learned - each franchise operates with very different business practices and Greater Boston cannot be trusted!

Removal of old windows and installation of 9 new ones took three guys 90 minutes. They rushed the job, broke all our trim, left grimy hand-prints all over our newly painted walls (even walls not near windows at all). They also didn't clean up after their job, leaving sharp bits of wood and screws all over the floor for my 1 year old to find and eat! They also nailed all our trim back into place instead of using the screws (lazy) so it will be really hard to remove when we have to replace their bad product. Finally, when they broke the trim, they tried to cover up their bad job with a little chalking, leaving sharp jagged edges which we had to replace at our cost. It took me an entire day to repair what they ruined. One of the new windows doesn't even close all the way! The exterior chalking is already peeling away (after 2 months) letting in water whenever it rains. They also left a sign in our yard advertising their business without my permission (which most companies - Newpro, etc, will give you a discount if you agree to let them post their signs. I wouldn't have minded if someone had just asked me before they did it. The flagrant disregard for the customer and the total laziness on the part of the installers is very obvious). When I called the manager about our concerns (namely the window not working), he sent the same installers back to our home. They showed up over three hours later than our appointment, no courtesy call, blaming the delay on "traffic." They then told me that everything worked fine and they weren't responsible for any of the aforementioned problems. They were very rude and I'd never welcome them into my home again. I spoke again with the manager, who after hearing my concerns over their installers, told me that he'd refund $200. Over a month later, I haven't received the check, have called every day for a week, and the manager has been avoiding me. Buyer beware - I would never buy from Window World of Greater Boston again. We will probably have to have these faulty windows ripped out and replaced by another company. What a waste of my time and money.

Va

Comments

• Ke
      3rd of Dec, 2008

after reading of problems will think long and hard about using them.

• Bo
      25th of Jan, 2009

We recently had 40 windows installed by Window World of Greater Boston. The three men who installed the windows were courteous, respectful, and did a wonderful, quick and efficient job. I would recommend this company to any one.

• Bo
      25th of Jan, 2009

ee

3rd of Feb, 2009

At least you were able to get someone to your house. First they would not return phone calls and then they blew off the appontment that thye made. Stay away from this ignorant and rude company. There are to many chioce to be treated like garbage by them

• Ha
      29th of Mar, 2009

window world is just a very dirty company to deal with. they claim oh it happens to 1 out of every 10 customers or its only a very few ppl who have these problems...but truth is its not just a few ppl its ALOT! and its not just isolated to one location or store its happening in ALL their stores/franchises. from my own experience in dealing with their window world chantilly store i can assure you their service overall is really bad. perception is reality and the fact of the matter is this shouldnt be happening, not to ANY customer even ONE because that person could be you. and if you deal with these guys youre probably next. and the really sad part is that they dont care if youre having a problem cuz they fail to address any of your needs or concerns instead they get rude, defensive and outright confrontational, just read the comment above. its a commom theme and their dirty laundry list goes on and on horrible customer service, they dont return calls, work is shabby and poor, install crews are illegals, extra charges, delay and errors, leaky windows, the list just goes on

• Ck
      10th of Jul, 2009

There is not good communication between the workers and the office. I had a fiberglass door and storm door installed. They didn't bring keys for the locks. Next time they only brought out the door handle lock so I still have no matching keys. Deadbolt doesn't latch - worker just shrugged his shoulders. Storm door was "wrong size" 1st delivery - turns out the installer didn't know how to measure it - it was ok and I had to wait a month to get the same door back. They cut the door opening larger - then trim didn't fit - they put little pieces of wood at the bottom that looked like crap. They were to replace the trim on the 2nd trip - they didn't bring any and said they knew nothing about it. I had purchased some the day before they arrived that day (4 hours late). Now I am stuck staining the trim! I still owe $ so they are not getting one penny until this is resolved. Riduculous. This is the 2nd time I have waited 4 hours or longer for them to show up "first thing". Office does not care anything about its customers. This is the Omaha, NE office.

• Lu
      2nd of Nov, 2009

What do you people expect? This is the cheapest product on the planet..HELLO. You can't get the best quality, the best service for the cheapest price. Spend KMART money, get KMART crap.

• Cs
      26th of Feb, 2010

Wow looks like most of the people on here need to work on there grammar first!

• Pi
      4th of Sep, 2010

I suppose the first person that needs a grammar lesson would be you C Smith. It would be their grammar not there grammar.

• He
      10th of May, 2013

I am looking to replace all my windows. Today WindowWorld came to give a demo. The salesman was very rude and defensive. Instead of answering my questions directly, he got offended every time I asked a question, while I was not even trying to attack them. He did not understand that customers might not be experts in windows, and might not know their practices or policies. I felt being attacked and insulted by him the whole time, and ironically he acted as if I insulted his company by asking any questions regarding their warranty policy. He kept saying that he already told me this and that...indication is that no question should be asked a second time, and we should just trust anything he said. He was yelling the whole time. I have never seen a salesperson behave this way, so thought I just got a bad salesperson, but it looks like all of them from WindowWorld behave this way. I do not think I would use this company for any work. If salespeople even behave this way, it is hard to imagine anyone else from this company would behave better. Oh, well. Cheap companies sell cheap windows.

• Pa
      1st of Jul, 2016

I purchased 18 windows for my home last year from Windows World Montgomery, Alabama. Every morning now I get up and they sweat on the outside. None of my neighbors windows do this. When I first reported it, their representative said he had never seen anything like this in 21 years. When he came to examine the windows the next day he said it is normal. They have no intention of replacing this windows that cost $6, 000. Windows World is one of the most corrupt firms out there!