Window World / damage to my alarm system

1 Baton Rouge, LA, United States Review updated:

I had WW replace 24 windows on my home in Metairie, La on Wed. Sept 22, 2010. The gentlemen who installed my windows damaged 18 of 24 window's alarm system...My alarm system was FULLY FUNCTIONING prior to having my windows replaced. The sales person neither discussed or had me sign the portion of the contract stating removing the alarm system. I did have the alarm company scheduled to be at my home during installation but had to reschedule them to come the next day because the WW installer men were 6 HOURS LATE...I had to call numerous times to get explanations and excuses of why they were not responding. They received 1/2 payment of almost $5000 dollars...and I paid in full upon completion that night around 8pm. But not until the alarm company came to inspect the alarm system did we realize they had all but ruined 90% of my system. The first call to WW the manager Robert said "WE ARE NOT LIABLE" ...UNREAL. Then I reach Dave Buccannon...he decided to talk with those at his office and got back with me with the OH SO GENEROUS offer to have someone come and reconnect my contacts and they would cover 1/2 the cost...UNREAL. By the way..they ruined all the contact when they pryed them off the windows. My alarm company during inspection came to the conclusion that 18 of 24 windows can't be reconnected because the installers ruined the wiring. It was not until I got my attorney to call Mr. Buccannon and explained the LAW did I get a complete turn around. HOW SAD. I can't and won't with any good conscience recommend your company to anyone ever. So now I am left to wait for another return call that HAS NOT COME from Mr. Buccannon...he was to call today and let me know where we stand AGAIN on when the man is coming to do the repair. Is this what companies really have come to...they attempted to deny and skip out on their responsibility to correct something they wronged?? And you wonder WHY the internet is FILLED with complaints with different WW franchises NATION WIDE. If it was done correctly and with kit gloves to begin with I would be PRAISING your company at every event I attend...how sad that isn't the case.

Comments

• Th
      1st of Oct, 2010

Dude get real here. First put yourself in the multimillion dollar zapatos these ### at WW ware. Just how in the heck, do you, sitting behind your desk, stand up for the hundreds of thousands of the loosly contracted drunken or drugged out pukes who make a buck putting these windows in for you? YOU DONT. YOU CANT. For Gods sake man get real? You wouldnt do it either!!! If you got a house big enough for 24 bloody windows what you whining about. Fix the alarm, lick your wounded pride and move on. If you really want to do something take the drunken/drugged out pukes who installed your 24 well made windows and get your coin back. Have I ask how the windows work? Really well I bet. You didnt whine about them at all just prattled on about the alarm. Anyway great windows arnt they. Yup I saw them on american chopper when they built a bike for WW...

• Th
      1st of Oct, 2010

Sorry one more thought. If you got so much money you can get a laywer and do all that other crap just why in Gods good name were you so cheap you didnt get your on people to install the wonderful windows??????

• Di
      1st of Oct, 2010

OK...HE CALLED...they are sending someone to reconcile the situation. Thank you WW of BR for responding and trying to make it right!

• Je
      17th of May, 2011

window world is the suckest place my husband works for them and they treat their employes worse then the costomers they have to purchase thier own calk and trim and only make 10 dollars a window and they dont give a hist about anyone but them selves so i would not recomend them at all none stand for the little people call and ### stand for equal respect and rights