Windmill Corner Inn / Rip off

The owner operator of this company is extremely unprofessional. She was intoxicated while on the property and was extremely rude to my party of four people. Jamie the maintenance man was also intoxicated walking around with a beer in each hand, he set a beer can down in front of our room and left it there. There were reservations made for two separate rooms a two night stay in each with two people in each room. The shower in room 6 where I stayed was cracked and had a broken nozzle. When I turned the shower on the nozzle shot off and hit me in the face. The stairways and outside hall were not lighted at all causing health hazards. Both rooms were located upstairs. We made a few trips to our vehicles to gather luggage. The owner made claims that at least five people had gone up the stairs to our rooms and we only had a party of four. Cheryl the owner made false accusations and threats to get her friends from the bar next door to "handle us". My party of four did not feel safe and felt for our own protection we had to exit early for our own safety. I am formally disputing the charges made to the credit card involving the room charge transactions and requesting a full refund if the owner is unwilling to reverse a total of $422.12. I refuse to pay for a non functional room with inappropriate staff that I was unable to stay in either night that was reserved. The services promised by the windmill corner inn were not rendered.

Va

Comments

• Ca
      26th of Sep, 2008

I was another one of the guest there when the first comment was made 9-2-08 . what happen they came back to the windmill around midnight, and woke up my husband and I by blowing up air mattresses so that their friends could sneak up into the rooms that are only to be for a certain number of people. They became upset because they got caught. The owner stated she would call the sheriff if they tried to sneak their friends up into the rooms. The owner is a nice christian woman and does not drink as is her maaintance man. The rooms are very clean and the showers work fine, and they are not cracked. The only thing that is cracked is the woman who wrote the first comment. My husband and I go there quite often and we recommend the inn to all our friends and family.