Windham Professionals / Awful customer service

This company employs a very rude lady. I don't know her name but she is an account rep. I called to make payments on a Perkins that went into collections and her attitude was reckless. Not only was she rude but the company had the nerve to charge me a 960 dollar collection fee for a 1700 dollar loan. That is over 50% of the loan not including the interest. Anyway I called to make arrangement a but the lady told me not to waste her time with any arrangement and to pay the balance now. Then when I told her I could not do that she threatened to take me to court. I think that their collection cost is ridiculous and something should be done about that company and that B**ch.

Va

Comments

• Dl
      29th of Jan, 2009

While i am concerned that anyone would act like that to you, i am not surprised that you got bad "costomer service", mostly because you are not windham's customer the lender(perkins) is and they don't have to cater to your needs. Conversley you can catch more flies with honey, so i am not sure why collectors act like this. you should request your original promissory notes and see if you signed for collections fees to be added to your balance( probably, with most education loans, and medical bills) my advice is ask to speak with her supervisor or someone else in her department, if she says no, advise her that you will not communicate under duress hang up, call back and listen to the options before you put in your extension and look for an operator, then ask for a manager, supervisor, director, etc. when you speak to them refrain from complaning repeatedly about the collector as these folks work together and might be friends, advise them you wish to make arrangements but will not speak to her, that should get her out of the picture, just remember doing whatever they can to get you to pay is good customer service for them their customer is the lender, however the two can be the same, your personality and hers probably don't match. Seriously these type of collection agencies wield alot of power, most of their clients are state departments of education, and that goes to the heads of these bill collectors

• Br
      5th of Feb, 2009

I DON'T KNOW WHAT PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT COLLECTION AGENCIES DON'T ADD ON THE COLLECTION COSTS THE SCHOOL DOES THEY NEED TO GET THAT TROUGH THEY'RE HEAD AND ALL LOANS THAT HAVE A PROMISARRY NOTE ALL SAY IF PAYMENT NOT RECIEVED THE BORROWER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL COSTS AND PENALTIES APPLIED ON ACCOUNT THIS IS YOUR OWN FAULT FOR NOT PAYING YOUR FEDERAL DEBT THIS ALL COULD BE AVOIDED IF PEOPLE KEPT THERE WORD AND PAYED WHAT THEY OWED

• Be
      17th of Feb, 2009

I agree with the person who stated that you are not the customer. The customer is the client of the agency trying to collect the money you owe. Because people do not pay these companies, they are forced to pursue them by hiring seperate collection companies. If people paid their bills they wouldn't get calls and there wouldn't be any debt collectors. I'm sorry this person was rude to you but we are not all like that. We provide a service to the hospitals and schools that you trust to care for your needs, and if these companies do not receive their money the quality of their service, the customer service for which you are the actual customer, goes down. Bills and debts do not just go poof and disappear because people say they can't afford to pay them. Just look at the government and the state of the economy. Someone has to pay to keep the world running.

• Ah
      26th of Feb, 2011

I've been getting this rude [censor] as well.
    Only difference is that I do NOT have a Sallie Mae loan. They keep calling me in search for someone else. I have continuously told them there is no one by that name living here and until here recently I finally had enough of them harassing me that I've warned them with a lawsuit. Hopefully that will get them to stop calling me, but I warn everyone that I know to NEVER go with Sallie Mae! Especially if they keep treating people this way that don't even have a Sallie Mae account.
    These are some rude people who continuously keep calling you. So if someone goes through Sallie Mae and gives a fake number to them, then be hopeful that the fake number wasn't you because these people will still continuously call you even though you keep telling them that you are not that person!