Wilshire Credit Corp / Terrible way of doing business

1 PO Box 57122Irvine, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-5020100

Wilshire acquired my mortgage about 4 years ago. Before that it was with the Bank where I got the loan. Up until Wilshire acquired the loan i never had any problems with this loan. I was never late, never missed a payment. I still make my payment through the bank, they actually send the payment. The first problem i had with wilshire was payment posting. for some reason it would take anywhere from 10 to 14 days for them to receive or post my payment, then when it took 21 days to post my payment, i got upset and called to find out why, of course they tried to say that i didn't send the payment soon enough, but since it was sent out by the bank, with the date on it, it was hard to deny it was sent out on time, then they suggested the mail was slow, of course it only had to go a 100 miles. they finally removed the late fee, and i haven't had that particular problem since, and i still have the bank send out the payment at the same time, funny huh?

I have had several other minor problems with them since, but yesterday I got a letter saying they found out that my insurance had lapsed, so they secured insurance and are going to bill me for it. I have had the same insurance company for about 12 years, and it has never lapsed.

Two months ago they said my deductible was to high and needed to be adjusted, even though i have twice as much coverage on the house compared to what i owe on it. how can they decide what deductible i can afford? For informational purposes; I have pretty good credit and I am not, nor have I ever been behind on my payment. I do not know if it is true or not, but I feel like they are attempting to harass me to see what they can get away with.

I do think they should be investigated for questionable business practices.

Va

Comments

• Re
      23rd of Jul, 2008

Contrary to what some people have said on here, I am not trying to be one of those people I mentioned above. My company is a nationwide company that provides services for people that are at the end of their rope. One of the helpful things that we provide is letting you know, before payment for service, if we can assist you and if we can not. If we can not, we tell you why not and what can be done to allow our company to assist you. Most companies won't do that, but we will also give you the reasons why exactly so that, if you should choose a different service, they will not be able to scam you. Now that's a way of saving money too.