Wilshire Credit / second mortgage
2nd mortgage was bought by Wilshire a year or so after I bought the house in '05. It fell behind after a divorce, reduction in hours, & most recently a layoff. I've written at least 6 letters over the past 18 months asking for refi/modification and/or offering to payoff. Never a response. Wilshire started to hold my checks. A month or two after, I called; the rep at first dropped the call, then didn't know why the payments were being held, then "discovered" that the loan was 'closed', they returned the checks months later. After that they sent a forbearance agreement which I did not sign at the advice of an attorney.
I can't get a response to my repeated reasonable offer letters (one of which was to reduce the interest rate from 12.4% to 6.2% and the amount of the loan from $25k to $10k) and they won't take my money. A Wilshire rep suggested I offer a payoff of $5000, which I did...and which was ignored.
They are of course assessing late fees & "inspection fees" which they are assessing every month they choose to refuse my payments. I am in process of becoming quite vocal to everyone including media about the issue, before I file for bankruptcy which will be 100% due to Wilshire credit. I have no other major debt, even a car loan. In chapter 7, they will get nothing. Smart business.
More Wilshire Credit Complaints & Reviews
- Wilshire Credit - Misleading promises 
- Wilshire Credit - Fraud alert
- Wilshire Credit - Predatory lending tactics! 
- Wilshire Credit - Putting it off 
- Wilshire Credit - Bad fees, lates and extra charges now they are just gone
- Wilshire Credit - Pissed about Title Loan 
- Wilshire Credit - Makes u want to scream 
- Wilshire Credit - Have tried since April 4th and no returned calls
- Wilshire Credit - will not pay home insurance