Willz Grills / Liar

1 3424 Us Hwy 64 EastAsheboro, NC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 336-963-0366

BEWARE!! AKA bbq heaven- ZERO STARS! This scam artist will lie and cheat you! He doesn't deliver the smoker on the date agreed upon and if you try to contact him he avoids you like the plague! We drove to NC to either pick up the smoker as-is (because he told us it was almost finished) or to get a refund. Before we could even talk to the guy he charged at my fiance, running, screaming and cussing like a maniac! Our business was out of commission for weeks because this a-hole kept stringing us along, telling us he was almost finished when that wasn't even close to being true!

We are pressing charges against him. And he's done this to many others! See his other horrible reviews under the url bbqheaven .net on "site jabber". Apparently he had to change his name after screwing so many other people over!!! See his Better Business Bureau rating of an "F" here- http://www.bbb.org/green… Beware of Will Freeman! He is a liar!!

Be
May 1, 2013

Comments

• Ad
      1st of May, 2013

I believe someone is lying. The events that were written by beware of will is crazy. I am Adam. I work for will and saw the events play out today. The customer came to Will's shop to start a fight for no reason. He went crazy. He had no one with him at all. So him charging an imaginary person is laughable. We try hard as a company. We are trying our very best to please everyone. We cannot help that working with the public brings out the crazys. But Will is a good guy. I work with him daily. I just cannot believe what this guy is saying. His fiancé was at home writing lies while we were scratching our heads at to what just happened. We make a good product our only fault was taking this guys order. Please do not believe these lies.

• Be
      1st of May, 2013

• Do
      2nd of May, 2013

I don't know about that incident, but I can tell you that Willie A. Freeman is a scammer. I have a judgement against him to prove it. Don't be scammed by this low life. These people posting about how good of a guy he is probably have the same IP address and their real name is probably Willie A. Freeman.

• Tw
      15th of May, 2013

Wish I'd read this BEFORE I sent him half for a grill... It's been almost a month PAST the date he said our grill would be ready. We are now struggling to find a grill to rent this weekend because ours is STILL NOT READY.

• Tw
      15th of May, 2013

I also know one other person who got his grill about a month later, as well... He was supposed to have it delivered, but after so much delay, he went and picked it up himself.

• Se
      17th of May, 2013

Gentleman, My main reason for reaching this far into WillzGrills lead me here. I've been in the WillzGrill website for over two hours trying to decide and make a purchase. Every time I click "Add To Cart" I get a figure that is $400.00 dollars more than the listed price in the named BBQ Grill selected. Based on the website, one would believe that these Grills are already made and ready for purchase/pickup. I am fortunate that I read your complaints before tomorrow, May 18, 2013. I was prepared to drive down to Asheboro, NC to buy the one I liked called the "Real Deal" for $2095.00. I'm having a big cook-out next month and wanted to find and purchase a nice already put together BBQ Grill. I kind of felt something was fishy when I couldn't get any correct figures and the big differences between the price listed by the named selection and the price in the check-out window. Am I wrong to say that this business is run by Blacks. I thought I saw a Black fellow leaning up against a house back in the woods in one of the photos. Thanks for the information and saving me the head aches of dealing a business that is shady.

• Gr
      28th of Jun, 2013

Youre better off going to Gorilla Fabrications in SC. Willie A.Freeman is a big LIAR!!!. I went to him in February to have a cooker built, the ### said it would be ready in March its now June 28th and still no cooker! I have called several times, he wont answer but he will text or email like a coward!!! If my cookers aren't done by July IM going GaNgsta!!! I tried to be nice. Im TIRED!!!

• Wi
      8th of Feb, 2017

@grillking Anything come out of this? He just got me and I'm putting all this info together for Fox 8 news.

• St
      2nd of Aug, 2013

I live in St Louis Missouri I ordered the grill from this crook 2 years ago and I still do not have a grill he's a liar a thief and a crook that needs to be arrested and put in jail...I will see him in court

• Yv
      26th of Jan, 2014

Willz Grillz is a SCAMMER!! He changes his business name every 6 months.. Now he is changing it to NC Pig Cookers.. He takes your money and then you never hear from him again.. NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH WILLIE FREEMAN IN ASHEBORO NC. NEVER!!

• Sc
      13th of Mar, 2014

This guy has ripped me off as well and I have filled charges against him with the local sheriff as well as the FBI Internet crimes division.

• Bb
      27th of Apr, 2014

If you guys want custom cookers i can build them for you i dont charge any diposit all i do is write up a contract with a date it will be done a price and the invoice then when its done you can come pick it up and pay in full if anyone is interested let me know

• Bb
      27th of Apr, 2014

Top quality work for a resonable price and dont have to worry about a fraud or being scammed

12th of Nov, 2014

wish I would have checked him out also ordered my pig cooker Sept 9th 2013 and have been bsed ever since it is now Nov 12th 2014 and still no cooker he has 2 weeks and I will be filing chargers. he is a liar cheat and a thief just goggle his name Can't believe I was this stupid

8th of Aug, 2015

Willie Freeman of southernbbqpits.com is a liar and a cheat. Gave him $550 for custom parts for smoker and after 3 months, nothing! He will have every excuse for not delivering. His address is 510 City View Street Asheboro, NC. His phone number is 336-963-0366. I've had to file Money Owed suit with him at Randolph County claims court.

Don't send this guy ANY MONEY!!!

9th of Aug, 2015

get with the asst. district attorney he has a detective building a case against him

10th of Aug, 2015

Do you knwow which one? - here is the list for randolph county...
    Kristan N. Allen
    Jodi M. Allred
    Kingsley C. Dozier
    Chelsea T. Glover
    Kevin D. Sherriff
    Peter E. Rosentrater
    Raymond J. Warburton

11th of Aug, 2015

I don't remember his name I would just contact their office. Their biggest problem has been people not willing to show up for court. When Will found out I would go to court and involve the FBI I got my money beck very fast. he has been lying, cheating, stealing, committing fraud and doing it across state lines back as far as 2009 from what I can tell. hopefully we will get what's coming to him soon.

11th of Aug, 2015

Yes, I spoke with Srt Wagner and he has a detective assigned named Todd Dehaven. He's suppsoed to call me today. I also sent a letter to the Chief Assistant District attorney named Andrew M. Gregson. I live only an hour from this crook so i will be present in court if it comes to that.

4th of Feb, 2016

It took me a year, but I finally got my money back from WF. The best advice I received was from Sherriff Reid who passed away in the fall of 2015. Reid said "You just have to stay on him day and night, put him in the position where he either delivers, refunds you or acknowledges that he has no intention of doing so at which point you turn this into a legal fight." I would call (left voicemail because he never answered or was "out of minutes"), text and email everyday and none of that helped. What DID work was contacting Detective Mike Reynolds of the Randolph County Sheriffs office explaining the situation to him and asking his permission to include him on every e-mail back and forth with WF. WF refused to reply all so each time he responded I would have to forward my responses and his back to Reynolds, but eventually it got to the point where it was either deliver the smoker on this date or refund me the money on the same date. WF works in cycles that he will try to draw out as long has he thinks you believe it, so you have to follow up ask question and pin him down on details. When he gets caught lying is when he will call you. This happened to me on 4 occasions, that he came out and admitted that he lied to me. I set up a weekly call with Reynolds to keep him on the loop of the situation and every Friday I would call down there and let him know what that weeks excuse was. From time to time Reynolds would call WF and follow up. This is also helpful if you do decide to go the legal route because you have someone working in your corner.

• Wj
      2nd of Jun, 2016

My company was scammed by Mr. William Freeman. We contracted for a grill through Southern BBQ Grills in December 2015 and paid in full. It is now June 2016 and over 50 pages of e-mails stating why he will not refund our money. We have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and also the FBI, Internet Fraud Department. Our final step has been to contact the Asheboro City Police Department who we are currently working with us. As a note, Mr. Freeman responded to me to contact Mr. Mike Reynolds with the County Sheriff's Department as he had made several reports to Mr. Reynolds. This is not true. Mr. Reynolds forwarded my calls to Mr. Todd DeHaven with the CITY of Asheboro Police Department. Mr. Freeman has moved his business to the Asheville CITY limits and Mr. Reynolds is with the County Sheriff's Department and has no jurisdiction over what Mr. Freeman does or does not do. If you have any complaints, cases, etc. against Mr. William Freeman doing business as Southern BBQ Grills contact Mr. Todd DeHaven with the Asheboro City Police Department. Since he has moved his business, Mr. Freeman in now in the city police department jurisdiction. I will be taking Mr. Corbett's advice and continue to e-mail Mr. Freeman weekly and copy Det. DeHaven.