Williamsburg Plantation / Rude staff!

100 Waller Mill RdWilliamsburg, VA, United States Review updated:
4.45
Phone: (757) 253-0258

Sunday 4/6/08.

The paperwork and verbal agreement was for my husband and I to attend a 90 minute presentation of Williamsburg Plantation. We are accustomed to attending timeshare presentation and allowed 2 hours for the appointment. However we were held there from 10:30 am t0 2:00 pm (3.5 hours). Another couple with a 2 year old child, who traveled from Maryland, came to their presentation the same time as we did, but was held until 3:00 pm (4.5 hours). This is completely uncalled for.

The salesman was nice, but his boss was rude and insulted our intelligence, especially when we said we were not interested in buying there. Then upon checking out the other staff was nice while asking us some questions about our experience, but he refused to write down our negative feedback. The lady who was going to check us out and provide the certificates that we were promised for attending the timeshare presentation was curt and rude to us. She kept shoving a paper at us to provide them with some referrals. When we told her that we would not refer people to their resort she became even more rude asking why we came to the presentation in the first place. We told her we were interested in seeing the resort, but instead of keeping us for 90 minutes to 2 hours, we were held up for 3.5 hours and we felt a lot of our time was wasted, so we would like for her to get on with processing us out, so we could leave. She seemed to become angry and stated harshly that "I know you only came to get these certificates".

Later at a nearby restaurant, we saw the other couple with the 2 year old child who were from Maryland. We asked them about their experience today. They shared that they also felt like the staff upon check out was rude to them. They also did not buy. And the sales people held them for 4.5 hours, which was uncalled for and ridiculous. They were very hungry by the time they got to the restaurant at 3:00 pm and then they had a 3.5 hour drive back to Maryland.

I am not sure if anything can be done about this complaint or not, but if a timeshare states verbally and in writing that their presentation is 90 minutes, then they should be held accountable for the extra time they impose on others. My time is very valuable and so is my husband's time. I am sure most people have the same sentiment.

Sincerely,
Lisa Cary
Richmond, VA.

More Williamsburg Plantation Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Yo
  7th of Jul, 2008
My wife and I were at the timeshare sales meeting, everyone was pleasant, I've been to sales meetings before, they took 3 to 4 hours, didnt expect this to be any differnet. When it came down to the buying time, I told them there was no way I could afford it. Downpayment, no problem, monthly payment, didnt have it. When they signed the paperwork and took us back to get our certificatates I told my wife they will make one final offer. They did, and again I told them I could not afford it, but thank you for proving to me and my wife that we needed vacations. They thanked us for our time, gave us our certificates and visa card and showed us the back door. Just that easy. I did not find anyone rude...
Fi
  9th of Aug, 2008
We went to a sales presentation by Wyndham a few days ago. This was the first one we ever attended. Started with a "motivational" speaker who got the crowd laughing, then saw a movie about all the membership perks. Then we were taken on a tour or the property, which was very nice... all along the way we were accompanied by one sales person. She started off by telling us that they didn't feel they needed to pressure anyone, the program they offered would sell itself. Well, this was completely untrue. We were supposed to be there for only 2 hours, but were actually there for 3 and 3/4 hours, and had to repeatedly say no to 3 different people before we were released. Btw, it was an extremely hot day and we were not offered any food or cold drinks, however hot coffee was plentiful and there was an empty basket that earlier in the day held snack sized bags of chips. Our 3 night stay was in a Comfort Inn, which was not up to our standards - room was marginally acceptable, but decor was very dated, no refrigerator, no closet - no lobby computer for the guests to use - continental breakfast was cramped, dirty, and very poorly operated, and we had to walk half way around the outside of the building to get to it - the outdoor pool was nice, the indoor pool was horrible. We had to pay $200 in advance to get the room and we were promised to get our cash back after sitting through the presentation, but the check-out guy only offered us a hotel voucher - we had to ask for our cash back, which he then gave us (but I think trick a lot of people and keep their money). What a racket - I think these people really prey upon folks who probably can't afford to purchase homes.
Sc
  1st of Mar, 2010
SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM