William / loss on the cover

1 johannesburg, South Africa

Good day.

I hope this matter will be highly taken into consideration.

I had a cover with absa I direct for my father's vehicle (toyota condor). The car was covered comprehensively for R62000. My father was registerd as a regular driver of the vehicle.

Unfortunately my dad got ill and he had to relocate to limpopo because there was no one to take care of him where he resided before moving to limpopo, in fact that is where the vehicle was being parked. We left the car in the garage because it was not being driven by anyone.

I then decided that the car must be moved to limpopo to help him for transportation to hospitals and check ups. Then we realised that the car blew some electrical components and it had to be fixed prior to going to limpopo.

The car was then taken to my cousin who is a car technical mechanic and fortunately he fixed it. I went to fetch the car as well as testing it and unfortunately I got hijacked later that day. A case of hijacked vehicle was opened at mabopane police station.

I informed the insurance and a gentleman call Andrew Stygerr handled the claim. It took approximately a month and some days before I called them enquiring about the claim. I was informed that Mr Styler was on leave however they can assist me. They told me that they not going to pay the full amount as I was not the regular driver and also the car was in different area than the one it should have been at. They asked me to sign the settlement letter and return back which I did by a lady called Madingley Rebaone. I will include the letter as an attachment for further referral.

My argument is that the policy has never changed, the car was still remaining at its registerd place and my father is still a regular driver besides his health condition. So no amendments were done as yet because it had not being moved to limpopo as yet.

Oh I was also informed of the vehicle depreciating it's value, and therefore the retail value went down but I would have thought that somebody wil inform me prior to that so that the premium could be adjusted as well.

Thank you in advance for your attention.

Regards