William Charles Scott / never paid a dime

1 3770 Toledo Road 23Jacksonville, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: (904)566-4224

I am 28 yoa, my mother and father divorced when i was 3 months. i have never received a dime of support note thats in the divorce decree 150.00 a month. My father has received ssi all my life i know because he has sickle cell disease. Why havent i received a dime, i didnt ask to be here and surely want to be finacially and emotionally supported by my father. He has never did any jail time or nothing. The ones who try get caught up in the system and the ones who dont give a darn slip right threw, its not fair and something needs to be done.

Comments

• Ea
      6th of Jun, 2009

If your dad has been ordered and is on SSI then there something that can be done. But, the other side of this is that this money does not belong to you, it belongs to your mother. The support goes to the adult who is taking care of you, feeding, clothing, giving you shelter and hopefully love, encouragement and opportunites. All your mom has to do is go to the office of the Attorney General of your state and she can collect the back support with interest and penalties. Unless your mom is wealthy you should consider the monies she spent and allow her to use the money for her own use. If you are grown that is the mature thing to do, if you are still under age then she will need this money to continue with your care. My children are all grown with kids of their own and I am getting the suport I never got while I was raising them. I do not feel the need to give it to them as it is money I already spent raising them. Do not confuse child support with allowance they are two different things. Also, it is sad about the emotional support you were not given by your father, and there is nothing you can do to get that back or make it happen. If you are grown then you should remember this feeling and help other young ones who are lacking in this way and make a difference in their life as a Big Brother or Sister. If you are still underage then seek out a mentor an uncle, step father, or family friend who can fill this need in you. I hope this helps you as you deserve better and it is a shame that grown people can treat kids like that. But, also remember there are two sides to every story, no there are three Your moms side, your dads side and the real truth. I don't mean that as an insult to either just a fact of life. Good Luck

• Ea
      6th of Jun, 2009

Sorry I didn't read your post well enough, catching your age 28 right off the bat. So disregard the underage advise and if you please disregard it all. But, it was meant with the best of intentions. :)

• Su
      19th of Jun, 2009

So you are 28 and believe that your father's SSI is due to you?