Willard, James & Associates LLC / fraud lottery

1 220 Yorkland BoulevardToronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 1-778-239-2965

I recieved a letter from Willard, James and Asociates on December 24, 2008. The letter stated that I had won $295, 000.00 in the U.K. bonanza lottery. The is by the International Lottery Surplus Commission (ILSC) along with the letter was enclosed check for the amount of $4, 980.00. I was to call immediately to speak with someone to activate the check and start the claim process.
On December 26, 2008 I called the phone no given and a Mr. John Lloyd answer the phone. He got my telephone no and said he would call me back after he activated the check. In ten minutes he called and said every thing was a go and it would take about 24 to 48 hours for the check to clear. In the process of this I googgled his name and found out the this was a scam. When he called back he said he would be sending me papers to sign for the federal and state taxes that has to be paid. I went to my bank and had them check out the cahier's check that is drawn on Wells Fargo bank. Everyone beware!!!

Jo

Comments

Ga
  23rd of Jan, 2009

you were very smart to check it our FIRST b4 you cashed the check?

we were not so smart and cashed it and sent it over to the scammers! we were responsible for $3280!!!

however- we were LUCKY that our bank is not suing us for the money. they just closed our account.

Mi
  27th of Jan, 2009

I just got a check from another company. It is drawn from Bank of Montreal for $7, 600.18 it is also a big fraud. They wanted me to follow the same procedure.