Wilderness hotel and gof resort / Not well kept water parks

My family and I stayed at the Wilderness hotel and golf resort in Wisconsin Dells, their water parks were so dirty and the food at the Wild Canyon cafe was terrible and expensive. I talked to a few managers and they gave me a 25 dollar gift card, to remmedy the complaint. Then, when I called and repeated my complaints and asked policy about maintence of the subject areas, he said the life guards are responsible for clean-up of the waterpark areas, GROSS. What happened to hiring maitence staff to insure guest safety and cleanliness of the water parks. We will not return.

Comments

• In
      1st of Apr, 2009

I have been taking my family to the Wilderness Resort sometimes 3 times a year, since 2000, and while I agree that the housekeeping isn't what it was before the many add-ons, we still have never had a bad time there. I really feel bad that this person was so unhappy with their stay - we always recommend it as the only place to stay in the Dells. I hope you atleast had a nice time in town and went to see the glockenspeil - it is really neat, or for a Duck boat ride, or to see the Tommy Bartlett Ski Show - the kids love that one too. Maybe next time you visit the Dells you should try staying at the Kalahari or the Great Wolf Lodge - I hear those are a fun family time too.

• Ru
      24th of Aug, 2009

You complained and rec'd a gift card for your whining.

You decided that was not enough so you called again to complain and didn't get anything more of value so here you are complaining some more in hopes that someone from the resort sees it and greases your sticky palm even more? TYPICAL. As a manager at this resort I love it when people like you say "oh I will NEVER come back to your resort again!" I want to say thank you! Thank you so much! Please keep your cheap ### at home or better yet take it to Great Wolf where they'll call the police on you if you complain too much!!

• St
      15th of Mar, 2012

i'm a employee at the Wilderness Resort in Sevierville Tennessee. Since i've worked here as a house keeper and a house man i've been humiliated by Shawn and Martina i've been thrown out of the building by security on my day off for spending my wild bucks that the Wilderness gives out. I've been yelled at by Martina for a incodent a mexican started. I had another incodent where the laundry didn't have any thing clean all day and i was told by one of my leads to get it off a house keepers cart who was done working who were mexicans and they said no because the mexicans get favortism. Shawn said on the walkie talkies no one takes a break or lunch too all the house keepers till all the rooms are done and got the sheriffs department called on him by the house keepers. I'm imbarressed too work for the Wilderness and only reason i work hard is because i love my coworkers but we had to go to a stupid orientation where it's one big joke. I would tell guest my true feelings about the Wilderness and how employees can't switch jobs after 90 days too. Please change the policies where the coworkers don't get thrown out of the building by security and let your coworkers who bust their butts use the water park and other things at the resort on their days off. This is a issue that needs to be addressed