WildBlue Internet Service / Horrible Reception and Customer Service!

In my opinion WildBlue is A SCAM! WildBlue employees are WORSE THAN RUDE! They have no true CUSTOMER SERVICE! ON ONE PHONE CALL WE WERE ON HOLD FOR ONE AND ONE-HALF HOURS -- thirty minute wait to reach them, thirty minute waits as they transfered us from one RUDE department to another.

Why were we calling them? Immediately after their installation in June 2007, we realized we could no longer go into the managing programs of our Web sites or check our Web Site emails. This meant that not only could we not read customer emails, we could not edit our Web site or even release money from customer credit card orders to be deposited into our bank account.

When we talked to WildBlue, the first call within days of installation, they made us think the problem was with the Web site host, so we spent days with our Web site host trying to get the problems straightened out at no avail.

We called several times afterward this and were only met with rudeness -- even anger. NO REFUND COULD BE MADE, WE WERE STUCK WITH A YEAR'S CONTRACT are things they told us.

Rather than fight any longer, we reinstalled a dial-up service. Our Web Site managing program worked fine with dial-up. Our Web Site email was accessible again.

Once more we confronted WildBlue. We were then told that WildBlue service was not compatable with our Web Site, and it was OUR FAULT because we did not ask if our WildBlue would be compatible before they installed their services.

Although we repeatedly asked to speak to a WildBlue supervisor, we were never allowed to do so. We were RUDELY told a supervisor would call us back more than once, but of course, one never did.

We also have other problems with their service such as being clicked out of the internet with no warning. Sometimes we have no service at all.

Beware!

Jimmie and Judy Perrin.

Comments

• Mb
      28th of Nov, 2007

Attention potential Dish Network and Wild Blue Customers- BUYER BEWARE!!

11/25/07 - Mark in Michigan

Most cellphone customers are aware of the concept of "minutes" and how they are used as chargeable units by cell phone companies, but did you know that Wild Blue Satellite Internet (Dish Network) has a similar practice of charging customers based on "Internet usage"?.

They claim that there system is set up because of FCC regulations, however, they are more than willing to allow more broadband downloads - if you are willing to pay for additional or premium packages...

What is a broadband download? Basically anytime you are online - you are using Broadband Download. Text is the smallest units, then images followed
    by music and video. If you go to a web site - and images and text appear.... According to Wild Blue, you are using your "Internet Minutes" (my term).
    Basically, you are downloading and Wild Blue is monitoring everything.

Why should you care?

Well, if you are in a household with more than I user and you share the Wild Blue Internet service.... It's very much like having a "Calling Plan"...
    If you exceed the 7.5 gig limit - Wild Blue intentionally cripples your account. All of a sudden your Internet becomes unstable or
    barely usable. The only remedy is to either completely not use your Internet for a few weeks and allow you "Internet Minutes"" to recharge
    or buy into their higher premium package.

What is 7.5 gig? It's roughly 1 1/2 movies and then your done for the month.

Wild Blue Internet starts at 49.95 per month and costs $200 to put their dish on your roof. The next package is in the $80 per month range (Internet Only)..
    And they do add more "Internet Minutes".... Whether or not you can function under this higher bar is again based on usage. There is a minimum 18 month contract or heavy fines for violating this contract.

I have friends and family with different Internet options and packages including (Cable, DSL, Dial-Up and Satellite). They are all amazed at this
    ridicules system based on usage that I have to adhere to using Dish Network's - Wild Blue Internet.

In addition to the arbitrary limits set on my usage... There's problems with the service itself. Wild Blue has trouble with moderate rain and snow buildup - the dish simply gets blocked and quits. I found good old fashioned dial-up to works faster for browsing web sites. The only advantage to Wild Blue was for downloading small software upgrades. However, Windows upgrades could easily push you over the limit - quickly.... I don't recommend it, esp... with Wild Blue - Silver.

I'm literally counting down the months and looking forward to seeing their stupid dish off my roof. One thing, I may do in the mean time, is switch my TV Satellite service to a competitor... My contract with Dish Network is no longer binding and Wild Blue is part of Dish Network. I've gone through Dish Network with my issues
    and they could care less. All they will do is point to the online small print or try to sell you premium upgrades.

I reviewed my service contract and there is a blurb about referring to the conditions in the "User Guide".... I was never provided a physical User Guide after initial
    installation.... but it's there online. Usage, BPS, FCC regulations download speeds - it's all there in nice fine print. I expected slower speeds from the entry level package but how would you anticipate a "usage limit"? If you have family with more than one user what is 7.5 gigs ? In our case, it's 3 weeks of slow service - followed by 3 days of barely working service and then unplug and wait.

Who would have dreamed that an "High speed" Internet company would actually charge you based on usage?.... This is either unique
    to Wild Blue Internet & Dish Network or they have the "Usage Bar" set so low that only their customer's have this problem.

I've never heard of a Cable company - unplugging your service because you watched too many hours of TV.... and then telling you that they will plug it back in, only if
    you buy their premium package. Wild Blue does exactly this with their Dish Internet.

So buyer beware!

Get Cable or DSL Internet - Don't bother with Wild Blue or Dish Network Internet... It's a rip-off.

Again, If you have DishNetwork for TV & WildBlue Internet and your stuck with Wild Blue - you can still give back.... Dump DishNetwork for Direct TV or Cable....

Gotta go, I'm using up my "Wild Blue Internet Minutes"

Mark - S.E. Michigan

• Me
      2nd of Jun, 2008

Wild Blue is the worst internet provider on the planet earth. They have the worst customer service and are the biggest rip off out there. And don't even try to cancel your account because it will cost you 600 more dollars. Someone needs to regulate this company and find out how they're getting away with this. We spent 3 hours on the phone with their "customer service" today and resolved absolutely nothing.

• Fa
      16th of Nov, 2009

I agree with everyone...I had my Grandsons for the summer and they were watching things on U tube, and then all of a sudden I had no speed when I needed to get on the internet...called the shoddy customer service, and was told I went over my limit for downloads, and they practically shut down all my capabilities for accessing the internet for my Ebay stuff...This is so stupid...I live in the country and have no choice, thought I was upgrading by going to WILD BLUE...not really what a joke...More than half the time I get that stupid blank page Server not found... I am stuck in the zone until something else comes along...This company is like Southwestern Bell use to be when they thought they were the only game in town for telephone service...You will get yours Wild Blue...Phew...I feel somewhat better now...until I try to load my auctions on Ebay...and then I will get fired up again...Time is money, and I spent so much time in front of the computer trying to load pics and pages for my auction, I now have curvature of the spine...Wild Blue is junk!!!

• Se
      27th of May, 2012

Wildblue has told me one lie after another.They never showed me a 14 page contract just told me to type my name in a box after he installed it.I thought I was just agreeing that they was here and installed it.They never told me they would automatically take money out of my bank and for more than what they told me my bill would be. They told me I could send in a payment then later told me they don't know why anyone told me that.Within 1 night I had almost no usage left and all we did was watch a couple youtube videos and some computer updates.I gave them $149 dollars to install it then they took $77 more 2 days later.I cancelled my debit card and closed my account because at this point I read complaints all over the internet and knew they would steal even more.They now want $345 more dollars and who knows how much more they will ask a collection company to try to get from me. When I told them I was reporting them to the BBB he said "so what we have been reported to them before" and he laughed.I contacted the Attorney Generals office and contacted the police to make a report because this is a SCAM and they have a contract that gives them a licence to steal.