Wildblue Internet / No good

1 Conneaut, OH, United States Review updated:

We got wildblue internet... its been nothing but TROUBLE... don't get it... they lied to us and said the uploads and downloads would go back to zero after 30 days. They never did. We called them over and over again. They have been here 4 times and still having TROUBLE with the net. When we signed up for it they never told us about the upload and download bull crap. The installers that put it in did we had to call them to find out about it. We are now stuck in a 18 month contract that we are fighting now.

We had dial up before this. It was better then the wildblue. We get booted like 3 to 4 times a day no matter what the weather is like and they ALWAYS SAY " unplug the modem and see what happened " it never works. I have fought with them over and over again on the phone and its always a different person that don't know what they are talking about. Over all the wildblue is a very very VERY poor internet DON'T GET IT. THEY WILL SCAM YOU OUT OF YOUR MONEY.

Wi

Comments

26th of Aug, 2008

I agree completely! Have had wild blue since May...and i only get a signal 3-4 days a week...tech always tells me that its "bad weather" either at the New York uplink or "bad weather" at my home...even when its PERFECTLY CLEAR AT BOTH LOCATIONS!( i KEPT MY DAIL UP JUST IN CASE... GLAD I DID!) Any hint of rain or clouds and bam no signal either...avoid wildblue...stay with dail up and wait(no matter how long it takes) for DSL!

• Ru
      21st of Sep, 2008

they are masters at lying. they take your money and play games when it comes time to deliver.
    the installers were a rip off i had to threaten to call the calif. contractors board to get resalts

• Ve
      14th of Apr, 2009

SAME HAS HAPPENED TO US, NO ONE EXPLAINED ABOUT UPLOADS AND DOWNLOADS, WHAT THE RESTRICTIONS WOULD DO.. DIFFERENT EMPLOYEES GAVE US DIFFERENT FEEDBACK, ONE SAID WELL JUST UPGRADE, SO WE DID TO THEIR FASTEST SERVICE PAID MORE MONEY, AND WELL GUESS WHAT, NOTHING HAPPENED NOTHING CHANGED, NOW WE ARE STUCK WITH NO COMPUTER TO DO, BUSINESS FOR MY HUSBAND AND I AND MY SON WHO IS IN COLLEGE CAN NOT USE IT AS WELL, OR MY TWO OTHER YOUNGER CHILDREN CAN NOT USE IT FOR THEIR RESEARCH PROJECTS, SO WE HAVE TO GO TO THE LIBRARY TO USE A COMPUTER AFTER WE HAVE PAID SO MUCH MONEY!!!

WILDBLUE FOOLS PEOPLE INTO THINKING THEY HAVE SUCH A GREAT SERVICE, THEY SUCK, SUCK, SUCK, SUCK, NOW WE HAVE TO FIGURE OUT WHAT TO DO WITH THE STUPID CONTRACT.

• Cr
      19th of Jan, 2010

I completely agree. I believe they are breaking the law. For example, I paid for the pro package, and my service doesn't even connect at the the lowest basic package level. When discussing this with Wild Blue, their position is that this is not a Wild Blue's issue.

• Tr
      26th of Jan, 2010

Attention everyone. It will depend on your own individual situation. I have had wild blue for almost three years, and i have had little to no problems nothing that a tech geek couldnt figure out. My Wild blue has worked through poor weather conditions (blizzards, Storm warnings, etc) The customer service has been great and i was glad i made the switch from charter cable. I would rather spend a little more to get great service than spend my money with a company that screws you over like charter Communications (Supposed to shut down service but left it running even after we moved from our old location... just plain nice... idiots).

~Quoted by: Craig Davis

"I am a professor at Ohio University and I teach advertising. After my experience with this company, I have decided to write a case study and professor teaching note titled: Wild Blue: Breaking the law or unethical business practices? Should you want to share any experiences with me for the case study and teaching note please email davisc7@ohio.edu"

* Good for you for making the statement that your a professor at Ohio University. What sense does that make to be added to a forum such as this? Breaking the Law?? what are you talking about. Read all the terms to the services. It is there black and white! There are no laws being broken. Complain to a better business bereau no to a website such as this. I promise you ... this site will lead the complainers no where

• Ne
      9th of Feb, 2010

Satellite internet performance is very poor, partly due to the fact that a telephone modem must be used to communicate with the satellite company. Since you cannot transmit from your house to a satellite, the modem sends the data via slow telephone line. Two way communication is required for internet to work.
    The modem contributes to extremely high latency and brings this communication to a crawl. You are better off with a dial up modem. See TCP/IP reference article at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transmission_Control_Protocol
    The section on Network Function.

24th of Mar, 2010

we recenty moved, only about five miles down the road from our former house, and we asked what we had to do to have out service transfered and they said just leave the equipment there and we'll take care of it. Well...we did that and recenty had it reinstalled and today we found out that they charged us $324.00 dollars because they said that we did'nt return that old equipment. I dont recommend wild blue to any body, there internet service sucks and they definately rip people off, and of course were also stuck in a contract so theirs not much we can do. Wild blue blows if your thinkin of getting it, don't do it!!!

7th of Jun, 2016
    Wildblue Internet - They are ripping us off
    WildBlue
    Saint James

I am relieved in a way to see that I am actually not the only person that is so disgusted with the internet service rip-off we are dealing with from WildBlue. I feel that if I am paying for service and am not getting that service in return that they have defaulted on any agreement that I may or may not have signed. I don't understand how they can continue to do this people. They Suck!!! don't get this service. you will be soooo disappointed and infuriated by their lack of customer service or loyalty.