Wildblue Internet / Fraud

1 CA, United States

We have a retail store in a remote area and until recently we had a wonderful ISP. They went out of business without warning leaving us scrambling for internet service. We need interent service to function and operate on a daily basis. Direct Tv was offering Wildblue so I called to confirm that it would work with a networked system. I was assured that it was the best system available and would work flawlessly. I explained we needed a quick internet because we used it for customer service. They said no problem. I asked if it was like Direcway because we had tried it and it did not work for us. They said no it was the best service available it worked with anything and anywhere. They told me there was several packages available and they steered us toward the package they felt would be sufficient for our needs.The installer messed up our network . We were frantic and asked him to please restore the system and make sure it was working. He said that it was not his job but if we paid him another 150.00 he might be able to help. He left without checking to see if it was working. We spent the evening on the phone with tech support trying to get things working. The month of November we were on the phone for the entire month daily trying to get the service to be faster than the NetZero dial up we were forced to use. During this time there Customer Service talked us into upgrading for more money to a faster package and it did not work either.We paid 399.00 for installation and 99.99 a month. It was installed in 11-07 and disconnected before the end of the month. This company does not have a trial period.
We had there "NON" service 3 weeks.We later learned from an honest dealer that Wildblue does not work with networks but only one computer at a time. They should have been up front and disclosed this information when we asked. They are trying to collect for 11 months of fees and we never received any service from them at all. We spent too much money...too much frustration...We feel ripped off...Lied to...CONSUMER BEWARE. If this was a legitimate company they would not be charging for services they are not providing.We have a new ISP that worked immediately with no problems.

Ar