WildBlue Communications Internet Satellite Service / WildBlue scam!

1 5970 Greenwood Plaza Blvd. Suite 300Greenwood Village, CO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 720-554-7400

My parents who live in W.V. recently subscribed to Satellite Internet Service with WildBlue Communications in USA, and was scammed out of money, and left with no service. WildBlue's Service was supposed to give us standard installation with purchase of equipment. This however did not happen, we received equipment and the O.N.S.C. technician insisted that our service had to have a pole mount installation, and this would cost us an extra $185. dollars. We had to agree to this, or we could do without Satellite Internet service and the installer threatened to leave and if he had to come back he would charge us another $95. dollars plus the extra $185.00 for installing the dish in the yard. I believe this a form of EXTORTION.

The technician worked for WildBlue, but was hired by "O.N.S.C."( 1041 Collier rd. Accident. MD 21520 Phone: [protected] as listed on the BBB. My parents had insisted on a second story walkout porch area for the standard mount of our satellite dish. Our Porch has a perfect view, and this was also shown to be part of a standard installation as was demonstrated in the brochure we received from WildBlue.

The technician refused to use the roof porch mount, saying WildBlue would not authorize a roof porch mount, because it was on a wooden structure. After we put a stop payment on the Installers check, we received a phone call from the installer, threatening us with a lawsuit and arrest. At this point we notified the local sheriff and contacted the F.B.I. about WildBlue and ONSC .

WildBlue admitted that the dish could have been installed on our roof, and that they would credit us for the difference. However we never received this credit. WildBlue also advised us to put a stop payment on the check to the installer. WildBlue said our modem was provisioned off site to another customer. We could not use our own internet service installed at our house. WildBlue referred to this as a failed install.

Now our dish is installed on the ground, not more than 5 feet from the porch we wanted it installed on. The Technician left the wires hanging under our porch, drilled holes in our new porch deck, and drilled holes in our siding on our house, he damaged our property, and none of this was necessary because the dish could have been installed on the walkout roof porch. The reason we wanted the dish installed on our walkout roof porch was that it stops vandals from damaging our equipment, and allows us easily to clean the snow off of it during the winter if necessary, and we currently have other dish's already installed there.

WildBlue and O.N.S.C. promised to correct these problems. They made several appointments to this effect, but they never showed up, nor did they call us to explain why. This went on for many weeks. After many many hours of phone calls to WildBlue they finally refused to talk to us, saying the problem had been escalated beyond tech escalations problem, and they could not talk to us anymore.

Finally, in disgust, we requested the credit card company refund our money. Now at this point we have not gotten a finalization from the credit card company. We are still waiting as of 2-14-08

We had first signed up Sept 24th 2007, and the installer showed up on Oct 29th, 2007. We have never seen such #@#@&$# terrible business practices, shoddy service, and inconsideration to customers needs and complaints. Not to mention, the O.N.S.C installer trying to extort extra money by demanding a pole mount.

We had contacted WildBlue many times, over the course of several weeks, which ran into months, WildBlue and O.N.S.C. have failed to fix the problems by simply swapping modems and moving the dish, or sending us a new modem. We even offered to have a local installer reinstall the dish, and service the modem (Reprovisioned) to its proper use, WildBlue refused this idea. We were left with no option but to request a refund from the credit card company.

Wildblue, O.N.S.C. and D.S.I. are very dishonest deceitful people, who make claims they do not keep. These companies have treated us unfairly, and with no respect, and great disregard for our situation that they have created. They have caused us Great Aggravation and Frustration over this matter.

I do not wish to have any further dealings with any of these companies,

Sincerely,
Mr. Christian

Contact Information:
Jecenlightened@aol.com
Address: RR1. Box A-10 Smithfield, WV

Comments

• De
      25th of Feb, 2008

Mr. Christian,

I agree with your concerns and attitude of the Wildblue Company. I had a similar problem regarding this company.

We were also forced to purchase a pole for our satellite dish. After several complaints and problems regarding monthly billing and very poor business practices, I canceled my internet service and complained very agressively to the Better Business Bureau in the home state of Wildblue. That state is Colorado.

After several compaints were written to the BBB, I was sucessful in getting refunded my monthly internet charges, installation charges and early cancelation fees were waved. I did not get a refund for the pole purchase as I coould not provide the purchase receipt. I feel that refund would have been provided if I had the receipt.

I suggest you write a complaint to the BBB. I feel they were very helpful in getting this issue resolved for me. They assigned a person to address our issues and we had very good communication in getting our concerns addressed. You can go online to the BBB and write your complaint there.

Good luck with your problems and I hope the BBB can meet your needs.

Sincerely,