Wild Blue Communications, Inc. / Monthly Payments and Cancelation of Service Process

CO, United States Review updated:
I agree wholeheartedly with all of the submitters here complaining against Wild Blue Communications, Inc. I also had many problems with speed rates, "down times", phone call waiting times, return calls...not at all what they advertise. However, the installation set-up went fairly smooth (one date change only due to inclement weather.) As stated in the "title" I gave this letter, my issues against Wild Blue are centered on monthly payments and canceling them as my ISP. This company does not accept mail- in check payments! "We're not set up for that service at this time. I'm "sorry." So...that means all people using this ISP have NO RECOURSE but to give them their bank account information. I never realized how very horrible this actually is until I had to cancel my account with them due to my relocating. All eyes and ears on this statement HEED THESE WORDS: never, ever, give your bank account info to any service company as a method for them to electronically debit your account for monthly charges/fees!!! Once they "have your numbers" you have essentially given them permission to take your money. And to keep taking it. Even after canceling service. Which is what I did on November 1, 2007: I documented the employee's name, date, time of call, purpose of call, and even received my CANCELLATION TRACKING NUMBER.
I thanked him and bla, bla, bla. Being disabled I only get a small fixed amount of money each month so I am very STRICTLY budgeted. On Nov. 6, 2007, I was online to do some account balancing when I noticed that Wild Blue had tapped my checking account -- now they were STEALING from me as I had canceled my service with them on 11/01/07!! Needless to say (?) since I was not prepared for that amount to be deducted from my account any more, this caused a "domino effect" by creating havoc for my other monthly bills and expenses! Here I have to go and type emails, remain on hold for unreasonably lengthy times, run into barrier after barrier in getting to talk to the appropriate people to get with billing management, etc etc. at Wild Blue for sure (AND then of course calls to my other creditors.) At this time Wild Blue Communications, Inc. is attempting to add insult to injury in my case. I will close this complaint letter now as I have MUCH more to add as regards the ongoing battle of this situation. It really stinks. If anyone wants to hear more and/or has a similar complaint, please post a reply and I'll be glad to continue. Class action suit anyone? WILD BLUE COMMUNICATIONS, Inc. is most definitely a shabbily and questionably run organization.

Comments

Br
  16th of Jun, 2008
Agree - I cancelled my account and they tried to bill me for 2 more months than they said they would be billing me at the time of my cancellation call. It was an extra $100, and they have not gotten back to me yet with a reply. Supposedly the service rep I just spoke with send my inquiry on to "corporate", and it should be 2 to 3 weeks. In the mean time, we're paying insterest on our CC charge. This company has gone beyond repairable damage with me.