Wild Blue Communications / Fraud

1 GA, United States

A friend of mine ordered internet service from Wild Blue Communications. When she was placing the order she had to pay a $5.00 processing fee, she gave them her debit card number but was told the for some reason the card was denied. I offered her to use my card for the processing fee. About a week later the installer finally showed up and spent nearly all day installing the equipment and then left. Later that day the Internet service went down and no longer worked, she contacted Wild Blue and was told by a Wild Blue Technical Support person that they would send a technician out to check the service but it would be a $100.00 service charge. She told them she was not going to pay the charge because the service never worked. Afet haggling with Wild Blue for two daysabout this issue, she told them she wanted to cancel the service. The Wild Blue rep told her they would charge her for breach of contract, at this point she say she didn't give a **** what they did. On or about Feb 20, 2009 Wild Blue charge MY DEBIT CARD forthe amount of 534.21. I contacted Wild Blue and informed them that I did not order their service nor authorize them to debit my account for this amount. I was basically given the runaround for 3 days before finally being told by a supervisor in the billing dept that since Wild Blue had no record of me having a account with them, that thee 534.21 would be credited back to debit account within 3-5 days. On March 3, 2009 I was called by a Wild Blue rep stating that I wouyld need to send them a police report that my card had been stolen in order for them to refund my money. I informed the rep that my card was not stolen, that they had took the liberty to debit my account for my friends bill. I guess since I allowed them to debit my account for a $5.00 processing fee on my friends behalf that they automatically assumed I would pay the whole thing. I have turned this over to an attorney as Wild Blue has no interest in resolving this matter on the own.

Jo