wilco hess #18801 / gas pumps

5907 west baker rd., Wilson, NC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 252-291-0202

well for me this complaint started with purchasing gas on 1/27/2010 At wilco hess #18801 which is on west 58hwy Wilson.when i was finished pumping the gas.i was printed out a receipt at the pump. I notice the pump receipt as being a total gas puschase of $31.00 and the pump was showing $28.93.Now I figured that maybe it had printed a receipt for the pervious customer, so i went inside and told the young lady behind the counter.then I thought she would print a receipt from inside but she told me that the machine was not working so she said that she would hand write me one. I said ok.She stamped it wrote the date and wrote the gas amount but did not sign it.I have a hess card that i use to buy gas with, in about two days i will be able to see what was charged to my account.This may pan out ok, two days i will know, if i will do anymore business with hess at all.
Second complaint yesterday(2/1/2010)I went to the same wilco hess which is were i normally buy gas.I went to pump #3 put in my hess card it ask for my zip code and when i put my first number in it would not let me do anything else.it wouldn't let me clear, cancel or like i said anything.well I figured again, i should just stop figuring.As i was saying i figured that they could set the gas pump and i could pay inside.Well when i went inside this young blonde haired lady was behind the counter, the same one that waited on me 1/27/2010.I told her i was having a problem with pump #3.then she tells me that pump #3 is not working.She told me I would have to move to another pump.If she knew it was not working why had she or the manager not put a note on the pump or at least bag it.
Third complaint, I went back there today(2/2/2010)to buy gas since i didn't bother moving to another pump like the lady told me to.I don't even know what the pump was today, i just know it wasn't number three.well today i put my hess card in. it ask for my zip code, i put that in then i hit start, then it wanted me to enter a number from 0 to 9, or clear the transaction.I canceled the transaction .Left the pump never to buy gas there at this hess wilco trade again.I have been faithfully buying all of my gas at this business for over one year.And before that most of the time since they have been open.NO MORE!!!

Comments

12th of Apr, 2010

you are a little crybaby, you need to be thankful that gas pumps even exist for your convenience and that you dont have to walk where your going or ride a horse. you are so ungrateful.

• Pi
      30th of Apr, 2010

As a former wilco employee, I know how you feel. Wilco is amongst the most crooked corporations I have ever encountered. For example, it was told to me by my DM, Diane Agusto, that I was SUPPOSED to lie to any customer that came in about a broken pump. If I would have been working at that particular location, it would have been my job to say, "Thank you for bringing it to my attention" even if I knew it was broken. The location I worked at had broken pumps for weeks on end. It costs money to send people out to fix them, and the DM doesnt want to lose any part of their bonus check dealing with broken pumps. Therefore, we are not allowed to bag them off or leave any kind of note. Doing so would result in being written up.

Also, your third complaint was a user error. When you enter your Zip code, you have to press enter. If you press start, it gives that same error message you just described.

• Th
      3rd of Apr, 2011

I purchased gas from Wilco Hess in Winston-Salem store is located on corner of Hwy 66 and Hwy 8. My SUV after about 3 days just stopped running so I had it towed in, they indicated it was bad gas. NCDOA supposedly checked the pump and said it was OK.
    Now 2 days ago I filled up my 300ZX at the same station and after 2 days it is running very rough...?
    Has anyone experienced this same thing?