Wii / False advertising!

Vienna, WV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 304-295-4586
I recently went to Kmart on Thanksgiving day because of the great sales Kmart was having. There were three items I was interested in purchasing 1) Wii 2) GPS 3) Christmas tree.

When I arrived, of course, there were several people there - I was unaware that it was necessary to have a ticket in order to purchase the Wii or the GPS. However I was one of the first 25 - 30 people in the store and and when I arrived at the area for the Wii, it was already gone, because they had given the tickets to the first people there (some arriving as early as 3:00 am). When I asked the store manager about this situation, he said he gave it to the individuals that had been so early. I told him that I would have gotten there earlier had I known it required a ticket I would have come early. However, no where in the add did it mention anything about a ticket in order to purchase these items and that it was unfair to those unaware.

I feel this is false advertising to advertise a particular item / the opening time/ but nothing about required to have a ticket to purchase the item.

Comments

Do
  10th of Jan, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I can't agree with this complaint. Everyone who wanted a Wii and knew how hard it is to get a Wii knows that you have to either buy it on eBay or camp out at a store.

They give out tickets a few hours before the store opens. It prevents people from stampeding and killing each other just to get the systems.
Ja
  18th of Feb, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I agree Wii should stop it agressive adds on Tv if they can not produce the product. I have also been frustrated with the fauls adds from retail stors that they have Wii for sale and to find out they have 2 or 3 and they go to some insuder iformed person that tells his freinds and they get them and sell on E-bay for a over price and make a bundle of cash.
Na
  5th of Jul, 2008

Wii
Shermansdale
Pennsylvania
wii.nintendo.com

Thanks to the fact that all of my favorite websites are making new flash players, I can't get on those websites because I can't upgrade my flash player.
Ca
  22nd of Jul, 2008

Wii - cannot find this on line contest
Moncton
New Brunswick
caseysmom@rogers.com

Why would send advertising to enter the wii contest with an access code when the web site does not even exist, this is typical RD crap. Have been an RD subscriber for 8 years and all you get is paperwork in the mail to buys things that never change, after youhave bought most of them, they still keep sending the same things over and over and I do not believe anyone ever wins money from them. Why would anyone want the same things over and over. I am no longer a subscriber but keep getting mail and also the RD which ends up in garbage
Ri
  14th of Oct, 2008
Order a wii console and never received. Ordered the item on a Mastercard gift card
Ka
  20th of Oct, 2008

Consolesforless
16025 Gault St. #20
Van Nuys
California
Phone: 818-988-9258

WWW.CONSOLESFORLESS.COM 404-474-7757 GA

On August 10, 2008 $19.99 was taken from my credit card account for a Wii I ordered from them. I have not as of yet received anything.
Ju
  13th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
You could not possibly believed you were going to get a Wii for $19.95? what part of that offer didn't scream SCAM?
If you are that naive, I have 1500 shares of circuit city that I am welling to sell you. I hear all shareholder get a Wii automatically.
Ju
  13th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I am not trying to be trite, just feel that at some point each of us have to take responsibility for our own judgment calls. At $19.95 it was a very cheap lesson to learn and I am in no way excusing the behavior of the scammers. The scammers themselves should be drop kicked across the ocean.
Da
  24th of Jan, 2009
I agree, I mean how simple would it be to include in a wii update the latest verion of FLASH player from adobe. Which I believe right now is Flash player 10

Come on folks its so simple to do on a computer, wii should be able to handle this, this would make more people buy WII
Jk
  15th of Mar, 2010
Mii export channel openly displays a charter icon who has a penis and testicles as facial features. Totally inapproprate for the millions of minor children who use this feature every day. I tried to block/ remove it, but I guess it is global. It is even in the top 50!!!
Jo
  23rd of Feb, 2011

ninetendo wii
Po Box 150
judique
Nova Scotia
Phone: 902.787.2007
joepalaschuk@mac.com

no such site. you have a habit of sending me on a wild goose chase on all your contests. I usually throw them in the garbage as it's a waste of my time to try and find the web site. Smarten up os quit sending me this junk
Je
  13th of Aug, 2012

Walmart Simcoe Ontario
Simcoe
Ontario
Canada

I know some people have complained about Walmart in the States but I would border cross shop sooner there than in our own town. That has got to be the rudest and the poorest service for a Walmart anywhere. If you don't want to work then don't...we are retired...because we have worked all our life and would have never gotten away with how the employees treat the public...it is an absolute disgrace. They stand around and talk, ignore you or you wait around for 10 minutes knowing damn well they said they would be right with you and go to two other people. These people do not deserve a job...and as far as their wages...hey I never made top dollar either but you treated people with RESPECT.