wide world soft baku / soft ware it does not work

1 NY, United States Review updated:

my son paid for a security tool that did not work to remove virus's they got him for $49.98 so be careful what you do and don't give out your credit card to those crooks...not all are crooks but there is some out there so beware ...

Comments

• Lp
      16th of Feb, 2010

i couldnt even get into my computer unless i paid them - 79.95- now i have no screen at all. anyone have a phone number i can call and complain laura- rocknanie@yahoo.com

• Pe
      17th of Feb, 2010

I work at a bank and had a customer today with the same problem. I Googled "wideworldsoft", which was the description in her transaction and found a phone number. I called and was able to get a refund for the customer. It is supposed to post in 5-10 days. Be sure to get the confirmation number and the operator's name and extension for your records. The phone number is 1-800-486-6721. They asked for the first 6 digits and the last 4 of the card. Good luck!

• Jy
      17th of Feb, 2010

same thing happened with me-got the number from Jenn and went through same procedure-how are they blocking computer?

• Sr
      17th of Feb, 2010

thank you for the phone number they dont have it listed and it did help they are very hard to get a hold of and the only think that come up is the name and website but no number of how to get a hold of the company... my computer froze up and would not do anything I thought it had a virus but this did nothing LOL here id phone number again
    1-800-486-6721 to get your money back

• Be
      18th of Feb, 2010

I was scammed also. Just got off the phone and I am being told my $129.85 will be credited back in 5-7 days. I'll let you know what happens.

• Ka
      18th of Feb, 2010

Im from the UK - I couldnt get into my notebook unless I subscribed with wide world baku. I opted for the cheaper option of $19 but they took 64 pounds from my acct and now the "security tool has disappeared. Can any one give me a number to call?

• Mi
      19th of Feb, 2010

same thing if i didn't get it my comp wasnt working i have one too firewall thats works and i was talking to one of the people and they told me to get ride of it as soon as i can then next two days went by i came on to the computer and it was gone everything the e-mail and i couldnt find nothing that would give me and address till it went through

19th of Feb, 2010

I just got off the phone with my credit card company, who had sent me a alert via regular mail of a possible fraud charge. I too, subscribed to this when it popped up last Friday th 12th. It looked so official, and I'm never this stupid. It was suppossed to be for the 49.98, but they submitted 99.85 to my credit card. Chase is sending me a form to fill out and they have put a hold on the payment to these crooks. I told them to definitely DO NOT pay it. Thank God, I have Chase Fraud detector on my card. Does anyone know if these crooks actually installed anything on our computers? If so, how do I get it off of mine?

• Va
      19th of Feb, 2010

i keep dialing the number and it wont ring. these people need to be arrested.

• Sw
      19th of Feb, 2010

I purchased a antivirus software from a company called wideworldsoft the site said 49.90 i was charged 99.90 i tired calling the phone number listed but they won't pick up and there is no dial tone. I tried sending in a complaint to the customer service and I have yet to hear from them. I will try calling agin later but i doubt I will get anywhere.

• Sw
      19th of Feb, 2010

I do have a phone number for you guys to call for customer support the niber is 800-410-9262 if you guys try this number you will be able to get through.

• Mi
      19th of Feb, 2010

paid and scammed, darn cheatersI just got a new computer now this crap, how do we get rd of it?

• Ge
      20th of Feb, 2010

### happened to me too how ###

• Ge
      20th of Feb, 2010

I had the same thing happen to me black screen pay this much cuz i hav a virus payed it instantly computer worked again but i cant get the program again just dissapered and i am callin the number and no dial tone help please!!

• St
      21st of Feb, 2010

my computer froze up after signed up as well i am relieved to have this conversation with ppl who kno thank god and these ppl need to be arrested one person said and i couldn't agree more. I had to take my computer to the shop get it fixed cost me another 100 so all in all total this was a 353 doll move and also ppl check your acct alot because scammers lead to other scams . its all a numbers game

• Bo
      21st of Feb, 2010

This just happened to me!! Computer locked up and wouldnt do anything unless i payed 79.95 only 2 hours later my bank called with weird acitivity and we have called the number you all have mentioned, but no answer...anyone have any other advice?? they charged our bank account 129.00!!

• St

call 800 410 9262 hope that helps i just got off the phone with them

• Ke
      21st of Feb, 2010

this same thing happend to me. thought i was getting my computer protected & it ended up being scam. they were supposed to charge my credit card for $49 and took out $99.85. i called & canceled my credit card and am dealing with a dispute right now to take the charge off. i have tried 2 different numbers to contact this "wideworldsoft" but it is always giving me a busy tone. has anyone gotten this straightened out or gotten your refund? or should i start hoping now?

22nd of Feb, 2010

I too just got off the phone with these people. I have now been charged twive 99.85 when I checked the box that I only wanted the $49 package. The people were very rude to me. Is there anyway that we can get th authorities involved in this. I cannot afford to have them taking 99.85 out of my account every other day.

Please Help!!!

• Br
      22nd of Feb, 2010

We never even agreed to purchase anything, and all of the sudden, I had $132.44 coming out of my account. I called them -- they wanted first 6 digits and last 4 of my card -- NO WAY! So, then he said he could look it up with my email address -- like a dummy, I gave him my email and then this afternoon, I was FLOODED with all kinds of spam in my email box (go figure). My suggestion for everyone is to go straight through your credit card company or bank. I called Visa today, and they were very helpful. DO NOT call this company (or if you do, DO NOT give them any information) -- they will ask for your name and then tell you that they can't find you in the system and they need more information. When you aren't willing to give out your card #, they will ask for your email address and then sell it to... EVERYONE in the UNIVERSE! And, they will still tell you they can't find you. Good luck to everyone! This company (if it even exists) should be shut down and everyone there should go to jail! Scam artists!!