Wickes Furniture / Paid for Special Repellent-Coating..and it was Never applied
Just before purchasing my double recliner loveseat at Wickes, I was shown a "liquid repellant coating" that could be applied; and the product was demonstrated to me on some scrap material (the same meterial of which i was purchasing) and shown to be a very substantial repellant of liquid.
The cost was around $150, as I recall; and i did pay to have that repellant applied.
Several months later i spilled a glass of water on the furniture and the liquid was soaked up "as if by a sponge"!
I was extremely ill at the time and was not able to deal with Wickes re: the fact that they obviously had not applied the repellant coating.
Now they are going out of business! As such, there is no way to resolve this situation. I have no viable recourse.
It's no wonder they are going bankrupt!
~ Ann L. ~
More Wickes Furniture Complaints & Reviews
- Wickes Furniture - Never order furniture from this store! 
- Wickes Furniture - NOT HONORING WARRANTY 
- Wickes Furniture - Never ever buy at Wickes Furniture stores, you will regret it!
- Wickes Furniture - Never Buy from Wickes 
- Wickes Furniture - Algonquin, IL - The most uncaring company I've ever dealt with 
- Wickes Furniture / Wickes Building Supplies - Stay away
- Wickes Customer Service - Poor Customer Service
- Wickes DIY - Everything has gone horribly wrong
- Wickes Furniture - I am stuck with a 800.00 dollar bookcase thats has a damaged door 
- Wickes Furniture - Very poorly made furniture