Wickes Furniture / NOT HONORING WARRANTY

1 Murrieta, CA, United States Review updated:

I JUST BOUGHT 2 RECLINERS FOR OVER 1400 DOLLARS FROM WICKES FURNITURE A YEAR AGO. BOTH CHAIRS BROKE ON THE MECHANISM THAT ALLOW THE FOOT TO RISE. I CALLED AND PLACED A WORK ORDER AND THEY TOLD BE THE PARTS WOULD HAVE TO BE ORDERED AND THEN INSTALLED. WELL GUESS WHAT THEY WENT BANKRUPT AND NOT I CANNOT GET MY CHAIRS FIXED AND I AM SITTING ON 1400 GARBAGE!!! I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT TO DO AND IF THERE IS ANY LAWYER OUT THERE WOULD THEY BE WILL TO START A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT TO MAKE WICKES HONOR THEIR COMMITMENTS. NOTE THAT I ALSO SPENT EXTRA MONEY FOR AN EXTENED WARRANTY LOT OF GOOD THAT WILL DO ME. DONT TRY TO CALL THEM OR CONTACT THEM BECAUSE THEY DO NOT ANSWER.

Comments

• Cr
      27th of Apr, 2008

I agree with you 100% I have a bed room set and one of my dressers is messes up and a plank on my bed is broken my WARRANTY isn’t up until 8/08 I have been calling and calling and today someone answered the phone and that was the worst service I have ever had the woman was rude and nasty now this is the Pasadena store so if you call there you should be wear of this woman and her nasty ways she hung up on me two times so if anyone gets any kind of leeway with there WARRANTY please let me know so that I can get my things fixed also

10th of May, 2008

I TO BOUGHT FURNITURE LESS THEN A YEAR AGO AND NOW THE PULL STRING ON THE RECLINER HAS BROKE AND THE PULL OUT FOOT REST HAS BROKE AS WELL I SPENT OVER 1700.00 ON MY STUFF AND I PAID IN FULL FOR THIS WARRANTY I NEED TO KNOW WHERE I CAN COMPALIN THIS IS BULL CRAP THE WARRANTY SHOULD HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THEIR BANKRUPTY.

PLS CONTACT ME AT 7732150585

LISA EID.

21st of May, 2008

I too took the extended warranty. The "if we can't fix it, we'll replace it for 7 or 8 years" from wickes. My reclining leather sofa seat has broken for the third time!!! They did send the parts, but I haven't a clue as to how to fix it.

I paid nearly $3K for this furniture. I'd have to pull the warranty information to see how much I paid for this ridiculous warranty. I took it because one of our friends had it and after 6 years, Wickes lived up to it when their furniture crapped out. Where is our restitution??? I certainly hope someone files a class action lawsuit.

4th of Jun, 2008

You all should have purchased from http://www.paigedesigninteriors.com. We sale the same exact furniture for half the price and it is from the same exact companies Wickes and Levit'z purchase from. We do consider it low end how ever because it is made in china. Should have purchased American like Barcalounger or an American made sofa/furniture Manufacturer. If the chinese are poisoning our dogs and children, what do you think their furniture is going to be like?

Buy American and spread the word!

• St
      18th of Jun, 2008

I bought 2 sectionals for over 3, 000.00 along with the extended warranties and the couch that is fabric is rotting. I tried to call and say that the couch was falling apart but no one answers or returns my calls. I can not believe that they had me buy the extended warranty when they knew that the were going bankrupt! Now I have a couch that it literally falling apart at the seams.

2nd of Sep, 2008

I agree with all. You may have some hope where I do not. I was informed that someone is handling the extended warranties if infact it is the extended warranty. What I mean by that is Wicks sales person told me that the StainSafe warranty that I paid over $300.00 for also covers defects in the frame work of my $4000.00 worth of leather furniture that I purchased. I did not know there were 2 different warranties. I contacted the manufacture and was told even though it has a 3 year frame warranty they can't do anything about it because of the BK. Here is a number to start with for the extended warranty not the stain safe one. 800-867-2216. I hope you can get the help you need. I am filling a claim against wicks at www.chapter11.epiqsystems.com. You can go that route also.

My furniture is just over a year old and the manufacture is chateau d'ax

good luck

• Ro
      7th of Nov, 2009

STILL TRYING TO GET ANSWERS!!!

My hubby and I bought a bed, living room and dinning room funiture, all with warranties, not only did they give us the run around when we needed to replace the living room and bed but the store went out of business. The funiture wasnt even three years old when all this happened, and we had a waranty for 10 years on the bed and 5 on the rest! So what are we to do now? Our living room set we found out was put together with stapes (NO NAILS IN SIGHT!!! NOT ONE!!!) and we have had to try and fix them ourselfs. Then, you'll never guess this...a year after we had our dinning room set it started to fall apart too!! My guess is that all their funiture is crap! So if anyone can help us on what to do, we would be very very greatful!! :)

Erin eballejo@msn.com

• Ra
      28th of Mar, 2010

we bought a dining room set from wickes furniture that has leather on the seating. we purchsed the lifetime replacement on the leather. i started to noticed weakness in the legs of the chairs so i called the warranty company thinking that i had a warranty on the whole chair. at that time i as told that i had a warraty on the leather only. my husband confirmed this with me that i had an erroneous understanding of the warranty and indeed it was leather only. not too longer after that we began to have leather issues, i.e. stitching failing, cracking, and peeling. so i called the warranty company again to report this seeking to have my paid warranty honored. i was told that my warranty was not on the leather, but on the actual chair itself. complete run around. i am not surprised to see the rest of these comments. i would like to be part of a class action suit should one arise.

arimrc@gmail.com

• Ys
      15th of Apr, 2010

I need information about the warranty of wicks please let me know new insurance who tuck over phone, site anything please help email back tank you ysidro pinon 760 246-3057 760-9859989

• As
      6th of May, 2010

Lisa was right.. a company called 4warranty handles the extended Wickes warranties. I called to inquire about my (or I thought) 7 year warranty. The Wickes rep led me to believe I had 7 years on it, but in fact 4warranty covers a 3 year extended; StainSafe is the 7 year warranty. The woman I talked with from 4warranty explained StainSafe went bankrupt also..

It's unfortunate that the quality of their furniture is so bad. I guess that's what happens when you buy China made.

Thanks for the info, this place was by far the most informative. There really isn't much on the net except people complaining about what happened to them! Oh well, life goes on. At least I was able to use my sectional for 4 years.