Wickes Furniture Corp / Fraud
My husband and I purchased a reclining sofa and loveseat at Wickes Furniture in Murrieta, California in April 2006 which was delivered on May 9, 2006. When the furniture was delivered we discovered, at that time, that they delivered the wrong sofa (it did not recline) so the delivery people left it and said they would deliver the correct one in about a week.
Within two months time of delivery, we began to notice that the material (which had a raised nap) was starting to flatten down and get shiny in the area that I sat on. It was very obvious that it looked noticeably different from the rest of the sofa. Also, when the footrest was extended, all I could feel was bare wood on my feet on the edge as if they forgot to put padding there.
I started calling their so-called "customer service" people to complain and after waiting about three weeks they finally sent out a so-called "technician" to look at my complaint. He wrote down in his report that what he saw was normal "wear and tear". I was very upset at his evaluation and called "customer service" again. After going around and around with their "customer service" people they agreed to send out a different so-called "technician" which took another week or two. Of course he agreed with the first "technician" (and I use that term lightly). At that point my husband called and asked to speak to the "customer service manager". He said he would look into the matter and call us back. He never called!
I then wrote a letter to the president of Wickes in Wheeling, Illinois on January 8, 2007 telling him of our frustration with this problem and sent the letter certified, return receipt requested. It is now January 17, 2007 and until now have not heard a word from anyone at this company. Attached is a copy of that letter.
More Wickes Furniture Corp Complaints & Reviews
- Wickes Furniture - Never order furniture from this store! 
- Wickes Furniture - NOT HONORING WARRANTY 
- Wickes Furniture - Never ever buy at Wickes Furniture stores, you will regret it!
- Wickes Furniture - Never Buy from Wickes 
- Wickes Furniture - Algonquin, IL - The most uncaring company I've ever dealt with 
- Wickes Furniture / Wickes Building Supplies - Stay away
- Wickes Customer Service - Poor Customer Service
- Wickes DIY - Everything has gone horribly wrong
- Wickes Furniture - I am stuck with a 800.00 dollar bookcase thats has a damaged door 
- Wickes Furniture - Very poorly made furniture