Wickes Furniture / Denied claim

I purchased a couch and chair in May of 2004. The salesperson pushed the warranty on us that would replace or repair "any damage" on the couch and chair. On May 27, 2006 I noticed cracking and peeling of the leather. Since Monday was Memorial Day, I had to wait to call about the warranty until Tuesday May 30. Stain safe is the warranty service contracted through Wickes Furniture and refused to uphold their warranty which would to be either to fix the couches or replace the couches. I tried several attempts to have Wickes customer service return my call to assist me. They never returned phone calls. I asked for Managers. They never returned phone calls, so I opened an initial complaint with the BBB. On June 20, I received a phone call from a Wickes representative stating that they will send a technician out to evaluate my couches and help resolve the warranty issues. I thought they might actually come through. Wickes came out on Tuesday June 27 to evaluate the couches. They told us they were going to get back to us in 5 business days. I had not heard from them so on July 12 I called for a status. They continued to say that it was normal wear and tear and denied the claim regardless of the fact that on the Stain Safe contract it says it covers "cracking and peeling after one year." I am now in the market for a new couch and will NOT be going to Wickes; neither will my parents, 6 brothers and sisters, 12 aunts and uncles, co-workers, ex-husband and his family, and my current in-laws. Wickes needs to re-evaluate their warranty company or they are going to start losing customers.

Kb

Comments

• Da
      5th of Apr, 2008

I agree with the comments on bad customer service. We had to have a sofa replaced due to bad craftmanship. That was done (after many hours/days spent arguing), but when the delivery people delivered the merchandise, they ripped the shipping plastic off, whereby they ending up ripping off the button for the recliner control. I called the number given to me by the delivery person and they said they would send someone out. When someone actually came out they said they had the wrong part and had to take a picture of the part and would have to send out the part and when we rec'd it, they would come out and install it. Of course we never rec'd the part. After making numerous calls to their customer service (at Corporate) no one has called back.

No wander they are going out of business. At least I can sleep better knowing nobody else will fall victim to their poor practices and lack of customer service skills. Maybe there will be a few openings at the local DMV for these out of work Wickes Employees. They basically have the same attitude as a DMV employee!