Wickes Furniture / Never Buy from Wickes

United States Review updated:
On 1/17/2008, I purchased a Pub Style Table with a leaf, and 4 Chairs. I had the Delivery scheduled for Feb. 7, 2008, but needed to reschedule due to appointment conflicts. I rescheduled the Delivery for Feb. 28, 2008. The furniture never arrived.
I called Wickes Customer Service on Feb. 28, 2008, only to be told my Pub Table and Chairs were discontinued, and did I know that Wickes had filed a Chapter 11 Bankruptcy on Feb. 5, 2008. I couldn't get through on any telephone numbers so I went to the Wickes Store in Henderson, Nv. I was told that I could file a claim on a website or try my credit card company. I also was told I could take the floor model which was scratched up, and the salesperson stated I only paid for 4 chairs and that is all they would give me. They stated they would be doing a liquidation on Sunday, and I would have to wait to get any compensation. This type of Business is unacceptable and unforgiveable to paying customers.

Comments

Th
  1st of Mar, 2008
I was just at a Wickes trying to get 2 more chairs for a set I own. The place was a complete madhouse, the lines with the salespeople was 10 deep each. Since you never took delivery, a credit card dispute is probably your route. Just wondering, who waits a month and a half to take delivery of paid for furniture?