Wickes Furniture - Algonquin, IL / The most uncaring company I've ever dealt with

United States Review updated:
Wickes Furniture
www.wickesfurniture.com

1500 S Randall Rd
Algonquin, IL 60102
[protected]

Unbelievable i purchased a couch and love seat 3 weeks ago from wicks furniture in algonquin, il. I was told the pieces were on back order and i could expect delivery on 10/05/07, on 10/04/07 at 3 pm the dispatch office calls me and says your furniture will be delivered between the hours of 10 am and 2 pm, at 7 pm they call me and tell me that the furniture i purchased was discontinued and i was not going to get it, all fine and good except for the fact that we had a big party on the 5 th (delivery date) all our old furniture had been discarded, so i call wicks and explained the situation i was in and all they could say is we are sorry sir and we can give you a 50 gift card from our store, and come into the store and pick out new furniture and we will deliver it when we can, so i guess my guests tonite are going to be sitting on the floor thanks to wicks and the way they handle problems like this i assure you i will sit on a tree stump before i ever purchase furniture from wicks furniture again and as of 230pm on 10/05/07 the problem has yet to be resolved go figure... So all my guest coming over tonite bring a folding chair and then send wicks a thank you card as i am going to.
Va

Comments

Ly
  16th of Oct, 2007
Well, I hate to say it, but get used to it. I've been having problems with my Wickes purchase since the first delivery date, when they showed up without my sofa - it was on backorder, not that anyone bothered to tell us that.

They rescheduled a redelivery date; they showed up before that date with the couch, and tried to cram it into my house. They ripped the leather on my couch, then took it back to the warehouse and put a really horrific patch on it. They delivered it to my home again, and didn't unwrap it or mention that it had been repaired.

I hired a guy to bring the couch in my house, since the Wickes delivery men were so incompetent they couldn't do it. The guy I hired shows me the patch job; I tried to call Wickes before the couch was installed, and got disconnected numerous times. finally got through to someone at the store, who said they would send out a technician to see about replacing the pieces that were ripped.

I pointed out that it was leather, and you can't just replace a panel of leather. c/s insisted that the tech would come out and tell me what needed to be done. Okay - tech comes out and tells me I need a new couch. duh - why did we have to wait two weeks for a tech to come out and tell me something I already know?

Now I'm out of pocket for $170 to have the couch installed, which I'm willing to eat. But it's going to cost another $170 to have the couch removed for the replacement, and another $170 on top of that to have the new one put in. Why am I out $340 for an error made by the Wickes delivery people?

My advice would be to cancel the order before they deliver it.