WI-YU Tea / Fraud

1 Evitalife P.O. Box 92615Austin, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 512 328-2400

I ordered a "Trail Offer" of WI-YU Weight Loss Tea for $6.95. I received that order but did not like the product so did not plan to order more. When checking my bank account a month later, I found that they had charged me $19.95 under the company name of IW Lean Living. I contacted them by email telling them that I had not authorized an auto ship and received email back telling me to return the second order and they would cancel. I never got the order. Yesterday they again charged my account with $19.95 under IW Lean Living. I again contacted them and receved email back giving me the 800# to call to cancel saying that the charge was made by their "affiliate IW Lean Living". If WI-YU is not sending me yea, what am I paying IW Lean Living for??? They are sending me NOTHING!!
I contacted my bank and filed a protest and they are going to investigate. I will call the 800# tomorrow also but from looking at the other postings, I doubt that I will be able to talk to anyone. Is there nothing that can be done to prevent them, from continuing to charge. I am hoping that by canceling my card and getting a new one the problem will be solved for me.

An

More WI-YU Tea Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ke
      3rd of May, 2008

I was looking into ordering this, however, have no intention now that I have read all these comments. I just wanted to add that this wi-yu tea is being sold on ebay.com. Any thoughts on that?

• La
      18th of May, 2008

I wanted to try the so called free trail, paid the 6.95 for shipping, and never received the shipment. I called the 800 number and they stated they would reship it. Well, I never received that either. Called to cancel my order was told it was canceled and on my next bank statement 29.95 was taken for the tea and 19.95 was taken out for living lean. So, I phoned again was again told my order had benn canceled. Money was again withdrawn and STILL NO TEA!!! Called again, this time I was told I had to cancel on-line so I made several attempts, wich all failed. Received an e-mail from someone by the name of Nikki who states some kind of diet consultant gave an e-mail so I wrote to that and still haven't received any response. I don't want the tea all I want is my money.

So this will be the last time I try anything over the internet system.. I called living lean with the 800# on my bank statement they stated they would refund my money. That was a month ago and I still haven't seen it posted to my account as of yet.

I fell this fight is not over yet.

• Ka
      29th of Jul, 2008

I just ordered this stuff and hope this doesn't happen to me! I will post if it does. Luckily, I make ALL of my online purchase with my Visa credit card so I am 100% covered for such things. This would be my suggestion to anyone in the future. If you have a credit card with fraud protection, use it online for your purchases.

I'll post again when I see how my order goes.

• Bo
      3rd of Sep, 2008

I called to cancel the wi-yu tea. spoke to a live chat, asked about the comments about their product. This person reassured me that they were a real company and that my order would be cancelled. The company is still taking money from my account. I have all this tea that is not doing a thing for me. WARNING NOT A GOOD PRODUCT..

19th of Sep, 2008

Hi all i was so close to ordering my free trial of tea for $4.95 i just thought id check out google first. I am so pleased i did its nothing but bad reviews, thx all for making me see through this fake scam!!

• Be
      20th of Sep, 2008

THE SAME IDENTICAL THING HAPPENED TO ME AND I HAD TO GO THRU HECK (A NICE WAY OF PUTTING IT) TRYING TO GET THOSE EXTRA CHARGES EACH MONTH OF $19.95 OFF MY ACCOUNT. I ORIGINALLY ORDERED THE TRIAL BOX FOR $4.95 AND PAID THAT. I TRIED IT AND GOT VERY SICK. I CALLED THEM AND CANCELLED MY SUBSCRIPTION AND THEY DID NOT CANCEL IT BUT KEPT SENDING ME BOXES (WHICH I RETURNED) AND STILL CHARGING ME $19.95 PER MONTH PLUS ANOTHER $12.95 FOR BELONGING TO SOME OTHER PART OF THEIR SERVICES FOR WEIGHT LOSS WHICH I DID NOT EVEN KNOW ABOUT. THEY ARE A VERY BAD SCAMMING COMPANY. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!!

• Re
      22nd of Sep, 2008

WI-yU TEA IS A SCAM.THE SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME...HOW DO WE GET OUR MONEY BACK? I ONLY ORDER THE FREE TRIAL AND THEY HAVE BEEN CHARGING ME SINCE APRIL. I AM SO ANGRY I WOULD LIKE TO GET HOLD OF SOME ONE FROM THIS COMPANY.

• Ka
      28th of Sep, 2008

Im pretty glad i google wu yi tea. The ads are pretty convincing but still..apart from amphetamines or thyroid meds theres no way to boost your metabolism like that. i was dubious. I probably would have bought it had it not been for the extra overseas shipping charge.

What hacks me off is that these greedy ******** are taking advantage of people desparate to lose weight who probably have very low self esteem and want to feel good about themselves..you wouldnt get away with it here..dont they have trading standards in US???

I saw the wu yi add on a myspace banner. Im disgusted.

• Ju
      30th of Sep, 2008

I too took the free trial offer and paid the shipping cost, then when I did not want it and returned it, I could not get a hold of a "real" person - even the supposed online live chat was canned answers.
    Then they charged me $59.95 several weeks later! I finally reached a live person - calling on the same day the charge was made per the number on my bank charge. He assured me it was refunded and canceled. Today I get an email saying the money will be refunded in 2 weeks or more! That is a lot of money when I only live on Social Security and I had already mailed out my bills for the month. My bank charges $37 a returned check and I am really worried.

• Kr
      30th of Sep, 2008

i just ordered that tea for the 4.95 and i called the number to cancel right away beccasue i dont want anything like this to happen to me now im nervous! idk what to do if i should cancel my card, call them, or just wait alittle to see about this tea. i really hope nothing bad happens butif it does u know i will be calling!!!

• Tr
      30th of Sep, 2008

Well I also purchsed this tea - trial only... they too took money out of my account. I can admit that I received partial amount back, but they still owe me 19.99.
    I haven't even opened my box yet and tried the tea. I'm a bit worried.
    Maybe in the future- who knows

• Jc
      5th of Oct, 2008

FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD DO NOT ORDER I HAVE ALREADY BEEN CHARGED ALMOST $200.00 ON MY CREDIT CARD EVEN AFTER CANCELLING THE SO-CALLED TRIAL BOX. I HAVE NOT OPENED A SINGLE BOX THAT HAS BEEN SENT BECAUSE I WAS ADVISED NOT TO USE IT BY MY DOCTOR BECAUSE I DO NOT HAVE A WEIGHT PROBLEM. NOW THEY STOPPED SENDING BUT ARE STILL CHARGING MY ACCOUNT. NOW THE CREDIT CO HAS TO GO AFTER THEM OR I HAVE TO CANCEL MY CARD TO STOP THEM FROM CHARGING.

• Ai
      10th of Oct, 2008

i made the mistake off ordering the free trial too. got worried after ordering and now reading this am so glad i cancel ed my card.
    did drink the tea though have't lost any weight yet don't think will either.

• Em
      11th of Oct, 2008

They are crafty buggers!! I read reviews on here and thought twice before placing an order for a "free trial". As I tried to close the page a message came up saying; "wait if you stay on this page you will qualify for a discount on your order. Pay only $1.95 rather than the normal price of $4.95!" Needless to say I went straight ahead and closed that page ASAP!! SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!!! Steer clear of this!

• Sy
      11th of Oct, 2008

Big scam I had to cancel my card in order to stop them taking out anymore money...inconvinient but worth it, do the same!

• Li
      12th of Oct, 2008

I SO TOTALLY JUST GOT SCAMMED!!!
    I started entering my details but I only had 10 DOLLARS in my credit card...
    they promissed shipping would be 4.95 but next thing you know its 20 dollars for international so thats why my card DECLINED
    im just wondering if they will keep trying to take out money... im scared... and what ###s!!! i thought it woulda been a scam because of the use of font and text. also how i kept trying to EXIT the windows but it wouldn't let me it just kept going cheaper etc..

• Ru
      13th of Oct, 2008

SCAMMERS : DO NOT TRUST WI-YU - I too have ordered this tea and have been way oovercharged. I am in the UK so it took over 14 days to arrive which was too late for they 14 day trial free period. I contacted them after receiving my bank details and they want me to send the tea back to them and then they will refund $59.95, but not the extra %4.95, $2.00 and $22.95. I have told them that they are scamming people and that their website is mis-leading and not truthful and that I taking further action, but all they can say is "is there anything else I can assist you with Maam"!!! My credit card company called Wi-Yu and I spoke to them and they wont budge a finger on refudning my money unless I return the tea and then they will only refund $59.95. Very cross that the credit card company wont assist me further. I ordered the tea and all it said I would pay is $19.95. No where did it say anything about shipping costs or help re overseas.

• Su
      13th of Oct, 2008

Don't order that tea, you will regret it. Its a lie, you will get charged almost $100 for nothing. If you do order you have low self-esteem for sure, ha-ha.

This is the BBB Rating from www. bbb.org:

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record BBB Definition:

unsatisfactory record - A company has an "unsatisfactory business performance record" with BBB is based on the experiences reflected in BBB files. This file condition results when the company has failed to resolve or respond to complaints, repeatedly failed to respond or resolve issues in a timely manner, failed to resolve the underlying issues for a pattern BBB Definition:

pattern - More than 2 complaints involving the same allegations usually within 12 months that are significant in relation to the company's size and volume of business.
    of complaints, failed to honor their commitment to mediate or arbitrate disputes or honor mediated agreements or arbitrated decisions, failed to substantiate, modify or discontinue false advertising claims BBB Definition:

advertising claims - BBB reviews business advertising, (newspaper, magazine, TV, radio, internet) routinely to ensure that it is truthful and ethical. Claims in advertising are measured against basic advertising principles of BBB Code of Advertising which was developed to guide advertisers, advertising agencies and advertising media.
    that are challenged by BBB, or failed to discontinue unauthorized use of BBB name and logo, a Federally protected trademark.
    with BBB due to failure to respond to one or more complaints and or two or more otherwise unresolved BBB Definition:

unresolved - The company failed to resolve the complaint issues.
    complaints. However the business has resolved BBB Definition:

resolved - The company resolved the complaint issues.
    some complaints presented to BBB.

Complainants allege misleading advertising, unauthorized credit card charges, receipt of unwanted merchandise, and difficulty implementing cancellation procedures. Some complainants allege that they agreed to a trial offer only, and was not aware they were enrolled in a continuity program.

Customers complain after repeated attempts to cancel, shipments are stopped, but the company continues billing them monthly.

Most consumers have stated that the company sold or gave their information and credit card number to another entity called "Living Lean" who also charged their credit cards for products or services.

The company's many websites make cancellation procedures appear fast and easy. In reality, customers report BBB Definition:

report - A summary of activity reflected in a company's BBB file. Includes basic business background, BBB Accreditation information, and BBB complaint activity over the previous three years. Also reports may include any known government actions, advertising issues BBB Definition:

advertising issues - Claims alleging print or electronic media advertised claims or practices misrepresent the service or product offer.
    or other information that results from activity conducted by BBB.
    that cancellation requests are ignored, calls are not returned, credit cards continue to be charged, and unwanted product shipments continue to arrive.

This company's free trial is conditional upon accepting their offer for additional product. All information should be disclosed along with the free trial solicitation.

Regardless, many consumers overlook the advisory and are unaware of the charge until their next monthly credit card statement. In this company's case, consumers complain they are unable to cancel services by using the instruction provided by the company. Some consumers state that they are unable to contact the company at all. The consumers state that emails are not returned or acknowledged and calls are not returned. Industry guidelines require marketers to provide a fast easy method of canceling, either by mail, phone, or website. Failure to do so may be a violation of consumer protection laws.

Most credit card issuers will allow the cardholder 60 days to dispute an unauthorized or inaccurate charge. Review your monthly statement carefully. If you discover a charge which is unfamiliar, investigate and dispute the amount with your card issuer as soon as possible to protect yourself from making unwanted purchases.

The BBB fully encourages consumers with difficulties to use the BBB complaint recociliation process. But in addition to filing a complaint with the BBB, the BBB strongly suggests that consumers with concerns about this business contact the following organizations:

• De
      15th of Oct, 2008

I was just about to place an order for this tea but I am so glad that I didnt. Thanks to all you guys who took the time to post information about your experiences. It's unfortunate that those things happened to you, but you have saved alot of people from the same problems! I can say to anyone that is trying to lose weight that I ordered and received a free prevention dvd called 3-2-1 for subscribing to prevention magazine. I got to keep the dvd even though I cancelled my magazine subscription. I have gone from a size 18 to a size 14 in about 3 months by exercising with this dvd 5 days a week, it works but it takes some time and I was looking for a quick fix, but as they say, if something sounds too good to be true, then it probably isnt (true). Good luck to all in your weight loss quests!

• Jj
      24th of Oct, 2008

Be very careful...I authorised payment for a free, 14 day money back trial of Wi-Yu tea today, and the schedule told me that I would be deducted the UK equivalent for shipping, which was £2.95.
    I went through the payment schedule, saw the £2.95 shipping costs and suthorised payment, only to find on the final screen, the shipping costs were now reading $24.95????

How can they legally do this?

I have been in touch with my bank after reading the other e-mails in this site, (just wish I'd seen them before!), to let them know of the situation and advise them of the two possible names the company may try and use to take an unauthorised payment next month. My bank have old me to email the company, which i have done, and then check my account over the next few days. Once they have taken the shipping costs, I can then involve them.

Hope this is of some use to others in my situation. Feel so stupid as I had no doubt that the tea would work unless it was used as part of a diet and exercise regime, but have a slow metabolism and thought that this could be the extra help I need. Did not give a thought to the company being irreputable!! I should have sourced the compnay first!