Wi-Yi Source / Scam and fraud!

33 1st FloorNicasio, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-417-4141
I ordered WuYi tea off the internet at the end of Jan. They had said it was refundable if not satisfied. When it arrived there was no billing information. No address in which to return the product. When trying to call the number they had given it is a recording. I was billed 6.95 for the first shipment. Then some bill of 19.95 from Living Lean Las Vegas appeared on my card. I was billed again for 37.00. Today 3-7-08 I was billed for 59.95. I had talked to someone on the live chat and canceled my order a day after I placed it and they assured me it would be canceled. I am still being billed and from places I have no idea who or what they are.
Va

Comments

Ka
  22nd of Mar, 2008
I'm having the same problem and I've been billed twice now. The first time I spoke to somebody on the phone and he told me just to put refused on the package and put it back in the mail. It did that, however, the charges were not reversed! This second time I got a notice that it was being shipped. I wrote an email to them and told them not to ship it, but it came anyway. Now I've sent an email asking for advice, but I'm afraid I'm getting the runaround now. Of course my credit card company wants a written letter asking the vendor to stop sending the autoshipments. The autoshipments I never authorized in the first place! I wonder if the Bureau of Consumer Affairs would be interested in this organization?
Be
  13th of Jun, 2008
I want to cancel this tea orders but cant get hold of them.
Li
  16th of Jun, 2008
I just spent an hour on the phone trying to get a refund within the 60 day money back guarantee period. I was bounced from person to person with no one being able to credit my visa. I was within the trial period but I had no luck. The customer support staff could not speak without saying over and over the same paragraph from their script. I would be VERY careful ordering from this company online or even over the phone. They do NOT budge when it comes to correcting an error on their side that affects the customer. I did not see any results with the product and find that it is very over priced. On top of that, the customer service and committment to their guarantee is bogus.
Ro
  3rd of Aug, 2008
Exact same problem, I had been sent yet another, (Originally ordered for a friend, who decided to cancel), so I have all these unopened packages, I have cancelled via phone & email, as well as chat, the day after I placed the order when I told my friend the tea was just Oolong tea. WTF
Sa
  9th of Aug, 2008
GOD I'm worried now because i just placed an order, and reading this i feel i'm gonna be in the same boat as all of you. Does anyone have a solution to this yet?
An
  15th of Aug, 2008
I ordered te tea about a month and a half ago, its hasn't even been 60 days yet and I already received THREE other boxes of tea?!?!?! this is insane!!! the worst thing is I do not know how to cancel, because I no longer know the link of the original website from wich Id got the product!!! someone please help me with the phone number please!!!
Pa
  21st of Aug, 2008
I also ordered this tea over the internet. I thought that everything was going to be fine until we found they had taken $90 out of our account!! Without our knowledge.We also spoke to them through chatlive to cancel mailing orders and to retrieve our money back, when we were told that apparently the full price for a box of tea was $300..What a crock of rubbish!! Since this happened i've had to cancel my visa card in case they try to do it again... Will ever get our moneyback?
Al
  26th of Oct, 2008
wow...i was just getting my credit card and my internet crashed and dropped off the page so i just typed in wi yi and this page came up..thank goodness that was close..sad how much you are willing to put on the line when you just want to look slim and healthy for summer..not sure about the original site you ordered from, are there lots of sites? i only saw the one where the little man in black and white suits talks in the corner of the screen any way it was form this site..below..by the way we all typed the name wrong its wu yi not wi yi im glad i spelt it wrong cause it brought me to this page.. perhaps why u cant find site again..
ok and phone number is "No commitments, no hassles. Cancel anytime by calling (866) 449 5567"
ironic isen't it?. I use to work for a bank in the credit card department and it was always bit horrid to hear this fraud happening to people..:( so im sorry to hear this happen to you. i hope the details above helped..and i hope we all find un-fraudulent ways to get healthy and lose weight.. ;) by the way when this happens call your bank and get then to issue you a new card asap.. you never know what trans will come up on your card if you get one you likely to get more so call your bank and canx or suspend your credit card now!!!
Pa
  4th of Nov, 2008
HI EVERIBODY I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF THIS STUFF TEA FROM WI-YI SOURCE WORK TO LOOSE SOME WEIGHT BEFORE I BUY THERES A LOT OF NEGATIVE FEED BACK ABOUT TROUBLE WITH CREDIT, CARD BUT NOT ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THIS PRUDUCTS.SOMEONE CAN ANSWER ME PLEASE THANKS PATRICK
Co
  18th of Feb, 2009
I don't know if this tea works...I just received my "Free Trial offer" in the mail yesterday. The tea tastes fine, however, after reading these e-mails, I've decided to cancel.

I phoned the number on my order confirmation
1-800-989-5907. I talked to a kind gentleman who was helpful, however I was still skeptical.

I phoned Visa, confirmed that the Shipping charges for my free trial was the only thing charged...so far. Visa is not able to "flag" any recurring or un-authorized charges.

So, I phoned the 1-800 number (above) again. Talked to Donna. She asked if I was calling about a $9.00 charge. I said no, just wanna confirm my membership has been cancelled. She looked into my account & said that it wasn't! But what she was looking at was the "Comprehensive Weight loss e-book pkg membership". Okay...so they charge you for that as well!

I asked about the "Insider Secrets" membership as well. Apparently, you have to cancel that too!

She, then confirmed that the Wu Yi Tea was cancelled.

No cancellation confirmation number was given. I have her name. That's all. Visa mentioned that if they charge me without a refund, I can call Visa to dispute. I'm wondering if I should just cancel my Visa! UGH!

The outcome of this is: BE SURE TO CANCEL ALL MEMBERSHIPS! Supposedly these memberships & fees are in the "Terms & Conditions" (I've just read that these terms & conditions can change at any time!!)

Even IF this tea works, it's NOT WORTH THE HASSLE!!

Corrina
Alberta, Canada

P.S.
I was told that if the tea shipment DOES come, I can return it for a full refund (as stated everywhere on the website). The e-mail above mentioned they were unsure where to mail it to, therefore, I received the address for Canadian returns:
Wu Yi Source,

Wu-yi source
Melbourne
Victoria
Australia

When I accepted the free trial and payment of $4.95 for postage, I didn't realise that I would be sent anymore tea and money taken out of my account, this has happened twice now and I want it stopped and my money refunded.

Regards